View Full Version : US Adult Age Categories

Hannahclear
08-31-2006, 07:37 AM
Does anyone have a link to the new age categories? I've looked, but I must be missing it.

I think I'm still Class I at 26, does Class 2 start at 28 now?

flying~camel
08-31-2006, 09:06 AM
Class I is 21-28
Class II is 29-35
Class III is 36-45
Class IV is 46-55
Class V is 55+

Figureskates
08-31-2006, 09:17 AM
Class V is 55+

Ah yes, the "older than dirt" category!

Ellyn
08-31-2006, 10:36 AM

Does that mean that dirt is 54 years old?

rlichtefeld
08-31-2006, 10:37 AM
I prefer "56 till death".

BTW, Darlyene McGee is back at the Peach this year at 79 years young!. She's competing in 2 events.

I want to be skating at 79. Only 33 more years.

Rob (who just moved to Class IV today)

Rusty Blades
08-31-2006, 12:53 PM

Strange. That's what I put for age on my Fall Skating School application; Age: Older than dirt!

(As well as, Skills: got none, Free: No, but cheap, Dance: Sure, but do I get to lead?)

What, ME give a straight answer? NEVER!

Sonic
08-31-2006, 02:05 PM
Strange. That's what I put for age on my Fall Skating School application; Age: Older than dirt!

(As well as, Skills: got none, Free: No, but cheap, Dance: Sure, but do I get to lead?)

What, ME give a straight answer? NEVER!
ROFL:lol: :lol:

Here's what mine would be:

Skills: Well I have weak Waltz jump, sporadic Salchow, timorous Toe-loop, loopy Loop and a Floppy flip. I can do a drumaderry* spin-and-a park-your-butt-at-a bus-stop* spin, an Ina t-stop*** and a wave-the-leg-randomly-in-air spiral****

* inferior kind of camel, only one hump
** sit spin that doesn't sit
***as opposed to proper Ina Bauer
****as opposed to a Fan spiral

Thin-Ice
09-01-2006, 02:56 AM
I prefer "56 till death".

BTW, Darlyene McGee is back at the Peach this year at 79 years young!. She's competing in 2 events.

I want to be skating at 79. Only 33 more years.

Rob (who just moved to Class IV today)

Happy Birthday Rob!

Mrs Redboots
09-01-2006, 07:24 AM
I prefer "56 till death".There, I knew it wasn't me who'd coined that phrase!

I want to be skating at 79. Only 33 more years.So do I! Here, the oldest regular competitor is a couple of years younger than that, I think - mid- rather than late-seventies.

And, of course, there is the delightful ice-dancer in his mid-80s against whom I had the honour to compete at the Mountain Cup!

Mind you, when you do feel old is when a Senior ice-dancer - one of the best in the country - says to you, "I do hope I'm still skating when I'm your age!"

e-skater
09-01-2006, 08:20 AM
Class I is 21-28
Class II is 29-35
Class III is 36-45
Class IV is 46-55
Class V is 55+

It just dawned on me that I will be a "Class V" in January! EEEEEEK! I guess I never gave it any thought, since I don't think of myself as an "age". Which also has its disadvantages.....when you're acting like a .... well...anyway. :halo:

Now, IF they had any comps around here where they actually grouped people by age.....:roll:

coskater64
09-01-2006, 08:49 AM
I just want to skate @ 42!:lol:

rlichtefeld
09-02-2006, 05:15 AM
It just dawned on me that I will be a "Class V" in January! EEEEEEK! I guess I never gave it any thought, since I don't think of myself as an "age". Which also has its disadvantages.....when you're acting like a .... well...anyway. :halo:

Now, IF they had any comps around here where they actually grouped people by age.....:roll:

Y'all just need to come down to the Peach Classic. We group by age. Even with a lower than usuall turn out this year, we still have age categories for most events:
http://www.gafsc.org/peachclassic/schedule.htm

Rob

samba
09-02-2006, 07:58 AM
There, I knew it wasn't me who'd coined that phrase!

Point taken Mrs Redboots!!

===

I'm 57 and last year I was against a 72 year old in the British Adult Championships, she has beaten me in previous competitions and I only just beat her last year, what's more is she has the figure of an 18 year old, I really cannot see myself even skating at that age let alone competing, what a fantastic lady.

doubletoe
09-02-2006, 11:33 AM
I just want to skate @ 42!:lol:

Ha ha! I'm with you! For me, that would be 4 months from now. . . ;)