View Full Version : Bronze Moves Passed!!

gt20001
08-30-2006, 10:40 PM
I passed my Bronze Moves today. I passed everything the first time with no reskates i was so happy. I didnt think i would pass since i have been in the middle of a move and have been so tired and havent had much time to practice as of late. I felt like it was a pretty good skate. The judges comments were:

Forward Perimeter Crossover Stroking:
I felt like this move went pretty well.
Judge 1: 2.7 - Nice
Judge 2: 2.6 - Nice Flow, Strength OK, Extension Ok
Judge 3: 2.5 - Good Flow and strength, ok extension and power maintained

Backward Perimeter Crossover Stroking
This move also went pretty smoothe for me.
Judge 1: 2.7 - Nice soft knee
Judge 2: 2.5 - Edge quality OK, Nice flow, some bending forward
Judge 3: 2.5 - Flow and strength ok, edge quality good

Forward Power 3 Turns
This was one of my weakest elements i knew it was going to be. I got the first side ok then the right 3 turns were a bit of a stuggle.
Judge 1: 2.3 - dont whip 3 turns
Judge 2: 2.5 - Flow ok, swinging 3's, free leg swinging wide
Judge 3: 2.5 - L-continuous flow and strength maintained, R- not as good but ok

Alternating Back Crossovers to Back Outside Edges
This one felt good to me except on the second side of the rink i almost fell i lost my balance on one and almost fell down but i didnt and i continued the edge and recovered on the next edge so i dont think the judges paid much attention to it.
Judge 1: 2.6 - fine but some scratching, nice knees
Judge 2: 2.5+ - even flow, strength ok
Judge 3: 2.6 - good flow and strength, good extension

Five Step Mohawk Sequence
I was so tired during this move i did it good in practice but got a little wobbly on it during the test and on one mohawk i had a wobbly almost fall like the previous element but held it together as well and recovered.
Judge 1: 2.5 - wide stepping a speck, nice knees
Judge 2: 2.5 - watch timing
Judge 3: 2.5 - Edge Quality good, Extension ok, Cadence good

Judge 1 also wrote on the bottom of the sheet Keep up the nice work. I am so happy to have this test behind me. I am going to work on those darn jumps the flip is one that is giving me problems i am going to shoot for taking the freeskate test in November if i can get the jumps and spins where they need to be for it. My coach told me i was testing this two days after i tested my prebronze tests i was like what the test was 3 weeks away and i hadnt even started on these moves yet but she thought i could do it so i signed up and worked hard i am glad i listened to her now i have the moves behind me and can get ready for the freeskate. Hopefully i can pass it in november so i can go to nationals next year. Just wanted to share my good news. Gena :D :D :D

Debbie S
08-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Congratulations!! :bow:

Didn't you just pass your Pre-Bronze tests about a month ago? That's a very short amount of time in which to learn the Bronze moves. I'd be curious to hear more about your skating background. Have you been learning and practicing these moves for a while, and just haven't tested until now? Did you skate at all as a kid? Do you (or have you in the past) do a lot of ice dance?

jazzpants
08-31-2006, 12:23 AM
Congratulations, gt20001!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

WOW!!! Those are NICE scores!!! Yeah, so want to know more about your skating background, as Debbie S says...

Hannahclear
08-31-2006, 07:17 AM
I was so tired during this move i did it good in practice but got a little wobbly on it during the test and on one mohawk i had a wobbly almost fall like the previous element but held it together as well and recovered.

I had the EXACT same experience with this move on my bronze test. :lol: I just wanted to stop and be like, "thanks, that's all for me!" Soooooo tired. Combination of nerves and it being the last element I think, because I ran that test all the way through for at least six weeks before the test.

My coach told me i was testing this two days after i tested my prebronze tests i was like what the test was 3 weeks away and i hadnt even started on these moves yet but she thought i could do it so i signed up and worked hard i am glad i listened to her now i have the moves behind me and can get ready for the freeskate. Hopefully i can pass it in november so i can go to nationals next year. Just wanted to share my good news. Gena :D :D :D

Wow, that's truly impressive progress. Good for you!

Mrs Redboots
08-31-2006, 08:19 AM
Many congratulations! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Terri C
08-31-2006, 08:41 AM
Congrats!!!
Now I wanna take (uh- re-take) and pass this test and it will happen in December!!!

flo
08-31-2006, 08:48 AM
Great job!!!!!!

gt20001
08-31-2006, 09:12 AM
Congratulations!! :bow:

Didn't you just pass your Pre-Bronze tests about a month ago? That's a very short amount of time in which to learn the Bronze moves. I'd be curious to hear more about your skating background. Have you been learning and practicing these moves for a while, and just haven't tested until now? Did you skate at all as a kid? Do you (or have you in the past) do a lot of ice dance?

Yes i just passed my prebronze moves and freeskate less than a month before this test. After i passed my test my coach told me she wanted me to test bronze moves this test session i told her i would try i hadnt even started learning them when i signed up for this test i had just about 2.5 weeks to get them together. I have no background in skating or athletics i was a band geek in school. I just started skating last december as an adult having never skated before. I dont do ice dance at all i just do freestyle. I typically skate 5 days a week and take 3-4 lessons a week, i have a good coach who is always pushing me i probably wouldnt have signed up for this test if she hadnt pushed me to but i am glad that she did it is over with now.

Hannahclear
08-31-2006, 09:42 AM
You clearly have some skating ability. That's something else to be proud of! :D

mikawendy
08-31-2006, 03:22 PM
Congratulations!!!

doubletoe
08-31-2006, 03:56 PM
Very impressive! Keep up the good work! :bow:

techskater
08-31-2006, 05:00 PM
Excellent job! Will we see you in Chicago?

gt20001
08-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks for all congratulations. I hope to get my freestyle in shape to test bronze so i can go to chicago. I am going to try in november and work it hard till then to get it in shape.

Sk8pdx
08-31-2006, 08:06 PM
Congratulations! 8-)

tidesong
08-31-2006, 10:10 PM
Congratulations! Thats awesome work!

Thin-Ice
09-01-2006, 03:12 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wow, that's REALLY impressive that you started learning and passed Bronze Moves in a month!!!:bow: All that band-geek-ness must have translated over somehow... now, could you tell me how you managed that? (I was a band geek too! And all that carried over for me is the rhythm portion.)

Good luck with Bronze FS! We're hoping to see you in Chicago!

e-skater
09-01-2006, 08:16 AM
Congratulations! Impressive progress and sounds like you had a really good moves test. Many good notations. You obviously have natural talent, having never skated before, and having started as an adult! Hey, go as far as you can, and have fun doing it! Congrats again.