View Full Version : usfsa adult ambassadors

flo
08-30-2006, 12:10 PM
Hi,
I'm one of the USFSA Adult ambassadors. One of the first goals is to expand the demographics on adults. My primary rinks are Northwest, Mt. Pleasant, and Ice World, but I'll cover the skaters in the greater Baltimore and surrounding areas. If you're in this area, or your area does not have an ambassador, I'm collecting the following information:
name, city, rink and club
discipline and if you compete.

You can PM me if you like.
Thanks

Skate@Delaware
08-30-2006, 12:24 PM
I signed up for my area, but I think I will handle lower Delaware (The Centre). I'm not sure if anyone signed up for upper Delaware (i.e. The Pond, U of DE). Registration for classes is just kicking up so I won't have any information for a while...not too much to report here anyway (probably about 15-20, hopefully more).

Isk8NYC
10-26-2006, 03:04 PM
I recently volunteered for the Staten Island (NY), Hudson and Union county (NJ) area.
Any adult skaters in that geographic, send me a PM with your contact information and questions.

For the other Ambassadors: what has your response been? What steps have you taken so far.

techskater
10-26-2006, 06:56 PM
I am responsible for Northwest and North suburban Chicago. Please PM me if you are in that area with the same information.

Skate@Delaware
10-26-2006, 07:57 PM
For the other Ambassadors: what has your response been? What steps have you taken so far.
It's taken forever to get the info from my skating/rink directors...it's been a busy season and getting the info to me doesn't seem to be very high on their priority list. The only other option I have would be to attend every LTS class and gather the info myself.....I showed them the email I received welcoming me into the program, but I don't think that carried much weight. I could "estimate" the data...we really don't have that many adults at my rink.:frus:

Team Arthritis
10-27-2006, 10:51 AM
:?:
Out of the loop I guess, what is an adult ambassador?
Lyle

Isk8NYC
10-27-2006, 11:59 AM
The USFSA Adult Skating Committee requested volunteers to act as Adult Skating Ambassadors.

More details here (http://www.usfsa.org/Shell.asp?sid=34285).

If anyone's interested in volunteering for their area, the instructions are on the linked page.