View Full Version : needing a psycologist for my LOONEY Lutz!

miraclegro
08-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Okay, i am just getting my lutz back - and even the lutz loop combo has FINALLY returned after the "broken ankle" incident this past winter. The outside edge must have reminded me of how i broke the ankle/foot while doing footwork.

So...even though i can get THAT now, my coach has in my new program, a back spiral sort of thing, and then some fancy footwork that is kind of speed-losing (according to me), and then *bam!* there's the lutz. All that stuff i mentioned is just seconds before the lutz. I think due to the lack of speed i am just tippy toeing out of the lutz. I know part of it's psycological, because i can do the lutz-loop combo all alone.

Any help or tips.....?????

doubletoe
08-29-2006, 07:18 PM
What are the exact connecting steps before the lutz? If they don't work for you after practicing them for a week, maybe you can request a modification from your coach. Most new connecting steps seem awkward and not conducive to jump set-ups when you first learn them, but after practicing them for awhile you manage to find where the power pushes come from and you get into a good rhythm. Ultimately, doing a lutz from some sort of connecting move setup will probably help you to just go for it without getting psyched out by it (as you might if you just had to ride that BO edge before takeoff).
If you're doing the lutz from a mohawk-crossover entrance, make sure you get down really low on the mohawk edges and the takeoff edge, and pull your upper body back rather than leaning forward as you pick and take off. Remembering to get down progressively lower as I got closer to takeoff is what fixed my mohawk-crossover lutz this morning (which is also from connecting steps that are a bit hard to get power from).

miraclegro
08-29-2006, 07:58 PM
Yep, i know i lose speed when going into it.

Here's the moves - just seconds before "takeoff"

back rt. outside spiral (upper body not all the way down and body facing long wall of opposite side)
THEN,
1 crossover twd lutz area, then step on left foot, then right xover left, then step left, then rt foot "under " left (a slip step?), then left foot glide, then rt. foot step over left, then lutz. Aargh!