View Full Version : Mika- three bronze ladies a charm!

flo
08-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Congrats to Mika for passing her bronze ladies fs!
I wish I could have seen it, but I hear it was a beautiful skate. I'm down in Florida helping the folks with their new house. I haven't seen an alligator yet, but spotted a really cute tiny lizard.

Congrats again8-) !!!!!

doubletoe
08-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Wow, we're on a roll! Congratulations, Mika!!
Jazzpants, the road has been paved with Bronze. You're next! :D

Terri C
08-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Okay now, the Bronze test magic needs to come West for Jazzpants and South for me!! :lol:
Congrats, Mika!! :bow:

jazzpants
08-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Wow, we're on a roll! Congratulations, Mika!!YAAAAAY!!! Mika's officially a Bronze Lady too!!! HALLELUJAH!!!

http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/musik/c065.gif

And you're WAAAAY too humble, Mika! I sure wouldn't have kept this news quiet!!! Unless, of course, you don't wanna jinx yourself and I could understand THAT! :P Are you going to Chicago??? (Still saving money!!! Gawd the airfare is mucho expensive, unless I want to go thru stops and take 6:30am flights!!! YIKES!!! 8O )

Here are your Bronze Lady servants ==> :bow: :bow: :bow:

Jazzpants, the road has been paved with Bronze. You're next! :D*GULP!!!* 8O 8O 8O

Okay now, the Bronze test magic needs to come West for Jazzpants and South for me!! :lol:And boy am I gonna need it out here in California!!! I sure can use a consistent loop here!!!

sk8pics
08-27-2006, 02:05 PM
CONGRATS! :bow: :bow: Tell us about your test if you have the time and inclination.

flo
08-27-2006, 03:53 PM
Jazz, Isk8nyc and TerriC - you'll get it. Keep up the good work.

Mika can now send her magic your way!

e-skater
08-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Whoa! There is definitely something in the water! Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Let us know how you did, too. Sounds like a really good skate! Good for you, and on to the next thing now.

Jazz........that Bronze dust is coming your way....you, too, Terri!

Sk8pdx
08-27-2006, 04:21 PM
8-) 8-) 8-) Congratulations Mika!8-) 8-) 8-)

It is so inspiring to read about everyone's great achievements! Not everyone can be the next :"insert favorite Olympic Star Skater here", but I sure can reach for and follow dreams and the successes of forum friends and those that I share the ice with at home.

To all you other Bronze skaters who have recently passed tests (Debbie S, Jazzpants etc...) Thank you for leaving us with good test Karma! :)

To celebrate, drink champagne and eat chocolate!

We need some news about anyone who has passed pre-bronze. Everyone seems to be abandoning the gallery. I am beginning to feel lonely. :P

sign me the new pre-bronze torch bearer,
Sk8pdx

Skate@Delaware
08-27-2006, 04:42 PM
We need some news about anyone who has passed pre-bronze. Everyone seems to be abandoning the gallery. I am beginning to feel lonely. :P

Sk8pdx
Hey, I'm with you...don't abandon all hope yet!!!! Maybe we need a pre-bronze roll call?

Terri C
08-27-2006, 06:30 PM

Sk8pdx

You're not alone!!! I'm still stuck here until December at the earliest!! :frus:

techskater
08-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Congratulations MIkA! :)

jazzpants
08-27-2006, 08:23 PM
To all you other Bronze skaters who have recently passed tests (Debbie S, Jazzpants etc...) Thank you for leaving us with good test Karma! :) HEY!!! I haven't pass Bronze FS yet! I'm still in the Pre-Bronze FS club!!! 8O :lol: :halo:

tidesong
08-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Congratulations Mika!

Sk8pdx
08-27-2006, 11:48 PM
You're not alone!!! I'm still stuck here until December at the earliest!! :frus:

We can work on those d@#$ power 3s when I come see you in September. I will be having a go at Bronze MIF testing in December as well.

Maybe we need a pre-bronze roll call?

Good idea as I am all confused over who's passed what. I can't keep up with it all. :lol: It is OK though, the champagne is chilled and my favorite chocolate is always within reach here::yum:
http://www.moonstruckchocolate.com/MeetTheTruffles.aspx

Mrs Redboots
08-28-2006, 03:27 AM
Goodness, I do hope this run of test success will extend to me when I do my level 3 Dance moves!

Congratulations, Mika! :bow: :bow: :bow:

NickiT
08-28-2006, 03:34 AM
Congratulations Mika. That's fantastic :bow: :bow: :bow: !!

Nicki

Thin-Ice
08-28-2006, 03:42 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

It's great to know so many people who set goals, work hard and then achieve them! Congratulations to ALL our Skating Forums testers who have faced down the judges and come up "victorious" this season! :)

mikawendy
08-28-2006, 07:19 PM
CONGRATS! :bow: :bow: Tell us about your test if you have the time and inclination.

Aww, thanks, everyone, for the congrats! I'm glad that hauling myself to the rink for all of those empty Saturday AM sessions paid off! There were some days when I really would have rather been sleeping.

I wasn't nervous until I started driving up to the rink, and then for the entire freestyle session before the test, I was fighting off the butterflies. I'm pretty happy with how I skated, though the LFI-RBO choctaw in my program didn't have a true RBO edge and I stumbled on my forward crossovers of all things!! Same place that I stumbled when I skated the program at New Years. It must be something about nerves when I'm coming around the corner or something!! I was a little disappointed in that glitch because I usually use that section of my program to haul a** and really build up speed.

Spins were a little wonky on the practice ice, but they cooperated in the program: 10 revs on scratch, 5 revs on backspin and a "good position" comment from the judge, and 6 revs on sit spin and nice comment from the judge on the sit.

FrankR
08-29-2006, 07:17 AM
Congratulations!! Let's keep this skatingforums passing streak alive. :D