View Full Version : Pre-Novice Competitive test

Axelchick
08-24-2006, 09:32 AM
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone here knew the required elements for Pre-Novice competitive test. I want to start joining competitive competitions and I need this test this year because I am too old to go pre-juvenile or juvenile. If anyone knows the elements you need please post them for me.

Thanks!

Axelchick

twokidsskatemom
08-24-2006, 12:53 PM
what country are you from? That makes a difference.
In the USFSA you cant skip tests. You have to do them all, no matter what age you start.

Axelchick
08-24-2006, 01:31 PM
I live in Canada. I'm fifteen years old so i'm not quite sure how it works. I have to go pre-novice because of my age, but does that mean I only do one competitive test? Or all three? lol

iskatealot
08-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Im not exactly positive but I think that you do have to test them all. If your level is high enough though you might be able to test all of them in one day. Otherwise I think you are stuck working your way up and not competing until you get to your age category. I have never found the exact requirements of that test (I was looking at the same idea last year) but if I remember correctly the Members section of Skate Canada website does have some info.
Good luck!

sk8guy
08-27-2006, 12:02 PM
You can test at the level which you want to compete. You do not have to pass the Juvenile test before you take your pre novice.

mikawendy
08-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Axelchick--since you're planning to compete and test, I suggest you get a copy of the most current rule book that your skating federation uses. It's always best to go to the source. And even if your coach has a copy, it's useful to get your own copy so that you can look things up when you need to and not just when you see your coach.

Good luck with your test and have fun competing!!

fmh
08-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone here knew the required elements for Pre-Novice competitive test. I want to start joining competitive competitions and I need this test this year because I am too old to go pre-juvenile or juvenile. If anyone knows the elements you need please post them for me.

Thanks!

Axelchick
The required elements are (i'm pretty sure but check with your coach..i took the test 2 years ago) jumps: an axel, 3 doubles, a double double combination, and a sequence including at least 2 double jumps and with at least 3 jumps.
spins: a combination spin (i'm not sure of the exact details..) a flying spin, and another spin (not sure of the details here either...i did a layback)
You also need a footwork sequence

Of course there is a seperate part of the test devoted to the flow, speed, artistry...

and yes you can go in for the test right away in canada, if you have already passed your seinor bronze freeskate...thats what i did :P