View Full Version : graf hinged boot?

litigator
08-20-2006, 05:37 PM
The F-4000, anyone have them, any reviews? (break in time, comfort, practicality of use?) its time for new skates....and they seem just a tad more expensive than her edmonton specials so the money isn't really an issue, we were told they help protect against joint issues/injury...so it seemed like they could be good-other than the strange upper part of the boot-well, there isn't a hinge...not sure how they work...a quick search shows me various pics, but no real reviews. Thoughts?:?:

gt20001
08-21-2006, 09:31 AM
I saw these boots when i got my jackson hinged skates in the pro shop and i dont know how they work either i dont see any hinge. The upper part is sewn to the lower part. Others have said that they dont hinge they are like regular boots but that they are made in switzerland still and are better quality than the ones made in canada. That is what i have heard about them but i dont know from personal experience except seeing them in the pro shop.

Lenny2
08-21-2006, 01:42 PM
My intermediate/novice level skater has been in these boots since about last February, having switched from Harlick (after being in Harlick many years). She is working on double axel, starting on some triples. The boots have been fine--no complaints. I don't see that they really "hinge" much, but I can tell that they are breaking in more than her Harlicks ever did. I think we will get about a year's use out of them, which is comparable to what we got out of the Harlicks, but these will be a mess by then. She has been comfortable in them from the start. We will get another pair once these break down or she outgrows them. If your skater is particularly large or hard on boots, she will go through these more quickly.