View Full Version : To all Senior Synchronized Skaters...was it your turn to lift or be lifted?

FSWer
08-19-2006, 07:36 PM
Say, something about Synchro. I read encourged me to post this,and since I haven't posted here in a while,I thought I'd post it here. But to all Senior Synchro. Skaters here..what I would like to know is was it your turn to "lift or be lifted" at your last competition? Please say how you felt doing it.

Isk8NYC
08-20-2006, 10:49 AM
I honestly don't understand what you've written. Either I'm having a small stroke, or your fingers slipped on the keyboard.

Could you edit your post, please?

luna_skater
08-20-2006, 12:19 PM
I understand it. Is it maybe the periods after "Synchro" throwing you off? Synchro uses group overhead lifts now. He's asking Senior competitive skatrs if they were lifted or lifting other skaters at their last competition. Trouble is, I don't think anyone's going to respond because very few synchro skaters post here, and I don't think any of them skate Senior.

Isk8NYC
08-20-2006, 04:16 PM
I understand it. Is it maybe the periods after "Synchro" throwing you off? Synchro uses group overhead lifts now. He's asking Senior competitive skatrs if they were lifted or lifting other skaters at their last competition. Trouble is, I don't think anyone's going to respond because very few synchro skaters post here, and I don't think any of them skate Senior.Thanks for the translation. Maybe it is the periods - I fixed the title, so maybe that'll help bring answers.

So, how about it you Synchro skaters, even the lurkers! We want to live vicariously -- think of it as "Fan Fiction."

What does it feel like to lift other skaters, or be lifted by other skaters in a synchro routine?

FSWer
08-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Ok,I have heard that the same girl sometimes gets lifted,or helps to lift the other girls. They take turns. What was it your turn to do?

Skate@Delaware
08-21-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm not a senior synchro skater, just do some synchro numbers in our ice shows. We were talking about doing some lifts in one of our numbers. Last show (Wizard on Ice) we did partner waltz jumps which were fun.

I'm sure if we did lifts, it would be the adults lifting the kids. So, that means I would be doing the lifting. No problem if they weigh less than 75 pounds. That's my safety limit. And not over the head either I dont think any parents would go for that 8O !!!! So probably a waist-high lift or under-arm lift.