View Full Version : Regionals dvd/tape (tots)

MermaidSkater
08-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Does anyone know how to get a dvd or tape of the Tots group (5 & under) from the South Atlantic Regionals (preferably last year's)? I suppose any Regionals would do! Thank you (and I hope this is posted in the right area!)!

Thin-Ice
08-14-2006, 03:18 AM
Find out where the competition was held, then contact the club which held the event. Ask the organizers who did the videos.. and for the contact information.

Isk8NYC
08-14-2006, 10:43 AM
I don't think the club or committee would give you access unless your child was in the event. They'd be leery of adults wanting to watch little kids they didn't know personally. Want to tell us why you want to see it?

Debbie S
08-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Actually, I've ordered AN videos (Bronze in my age group) from the video company (once I found out who they were) and no one had a problem - then again, the skaters were adults.

If you are interested in knowing what Tots (7 and under, btw) programs look like in terms of tech elements, I think you can assume that you would see the same skating at Regionals as you would in a local event at that level. From what I've seen in Tots events, some skaters have all their singles up to lutz and are doing camel-sit and other combo spins (remember, it's the same level as No-Test, just for younger kids) and other skaters have only a salchow or loop as their hardest jump and only do upright (1 or 2-foot) spins.

Sylvia
08-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Does anyone know how to get a dvd or tape of the Tots group (5 & under) from the South Atlantic Regionals (preferably last year's)? I suppose any Regionals would do!
I just looked up the 2006 South Atlantic Regional Non-Qualifying results (Oct. 21-22, 2005 in Oldsmar, Florida) and there were just 2 skaters in the Tots FS Final (not all Regionals will hold events at the lower, non-qual. levels). I agree with what Debbie S. wrote above -- you can get a better idea of the level of "Tots" skating by attending local competitions in your area.

ETA: The Announcement for the 2007 Non-Qualifying Competition at the South Atlantic Regional Championships (Oct. 12-15, Aston, PA) says:
Tots Age 5 and under. No tests passed.
Jumps allowed: Waltz, Salchow, Toe Loop, 1/2 Flip, 1/2 Lutz
Program Time: 1-1:30

MermaidSkater
08-15-2006, 11:04 AM
Thank you for the replies! The paperwork we just got showed 5 and under as the age (do not know about the 7, just going by what we got), with the elements listed in the last poster's post....our daughter is 5 and just started competing and we were amazed by that paperwork! LOL I know they have to be out there but have not seen the 5 year olds and younger doing more than like a waltz jump. When she competed in other sports, dvds of past competitions were freely sold, especially if it was out of the local arena, as you may not be ready to travel to go to those higher level competitions, but it allowed you to see what kind of higher level competition was there. It was good for the little ones to get to watch, as well...not only fun for them but gave them a chance to see what others their ages were doing. If there were only 2 competing there from last year, it would not be worth the money of getting the dvd. When we have seen dvds in the past (like dance, for example), it was many kids so you got to see a variety. I know our daughter still watches her dvds sometimes from her past hobbies, because it is fun for her...and it also was motivational. :)

Thanks, again, for your help!

twokidsskatemom
08-15-2006, 12:08 PM
You mean a basic skills comp at regionals?
Just go to a local comp and watch if you like.Kids at that age have the same thing most of the time.Swizzles, one foot glide.MOST under 5 dont have alot of jumps ect.