View Full Version : Triple Toe help please

Ice Angel
08-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Hello. I keep over rotating my double toe so much that Im actually doing a triple but unable to land. Any tips on how I can stop the over rotation. Oh I see now that I should have put this in On Ice - skaters. Sorry Im new here.

Isk8NYC
08-13-2006, 05:33 AM
I've moved your post to the correct forum. You'll probably get a better response here.

Mercedeslove
08-13-2006, 09:12 AM
I have no idea how to help sorry. But if you can teach me the trick to over rotating...

beachbabe
08-13-2006, 09:21 PM
you might be crossing your legs too low. The best way to not over rotate is to cross your legs closer to the knee as opposed to the ankle and don't pull your arms in as tight- it creates more wind resistance so you should be able to do a double.

Or are you trying for a triple and just want help landing it? I sorta don't get your question.

singerskates
08-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Hello. I keep over rotating my double toe so much that Im actually doing a triple but unable to land. Any tips on how I can stop the over rotation. Oh I see now that I should have put this in On Ice - skaters. Sorry Im new here.

I have that problem with my singles right now. But seriously. Are you sure you're keeping your left shoulder ahead of you when in the air and when landing (presuming that you're a CCW skater)? If not, that's why you're over rotating. This would cause you to wip your upper body around ahead of my lower body and to fold, not allowing you to land in a checked position (CCW: Left arm and shoulder up infront/ahead of you and your right low behind/back of you. You need to be in a check position even when you're in the air with your arms in and when you land and flowing out of the jump.

Just because you're doing a double or a triple or even a quad doesn't mean you through the checked position out of the window.

If you're Canadian and have a taped or DVD copy of this past year's Canadians, Elvis Stojko was featured on a portion of the program for senior mens called Ice Dreams showing some kids how to do a single lutz and how to land jumps in a checked position.

singerskates

slusher
08-14-2006, 05:16 PM
When my coach overrotates his triple toe, which happens a lot as he's an massive rotation machine, he goes and looks at the take off as to where the toe is placed. But he does a toe-walley so unfortunately can't offer you anymore third-hand advice other than that.

Ice Angel
09-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Thanks for all of the advise. I really appreciate it.

Pairs Chick
09-03-2006, 06:36 PM
you might be crossing your legs too low. The best way to not over rotate is to cross your legs closer to the knee as opposed to the ankle and don't pull your arms in as tight- it creates more wind resistance so you should be able to do a double.

Or are you trying for a triple and just want help landing it? I sorta don't get your question.

Rotating with your legs closer to your knee is bad it means you have your leg wraped arround your other leg.. in the new judging system you will get a lower GOE if you do that.. DONT DO THAT

beachbabe
09-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Rotating with your legs closer to your knee is bad it means you have your leg wraped arround your other leg.. in the new judging system you will get a lower GOE if you do that.. DONT DO THAT

well, that's what my coach told me and from my experience she's been right. i didn't mean to have it crossed "at" the knee, just a looser position when you do cross your legs. If I try to do a double with my legs crossed really really low in a very tight position and my arms aswell i will overrotate but not quite enough for a triple. my coach always told me to not cross your legs and arms in too tight of a posotion so you leave room for a triple. If you cross your legs and pull in your arms as tight as you physically are capable of and can only do a double- then you'll never be able to do a triple untill you can do a double in a slightly looser position.

Hydroblade
09-04-2006, 03:44 PM
The ability to do a triple toe instead of a double is not really a bad thing unless you are not fully rotating and falling. My advice is for you to think about jumping into the air before you rotate because if you a falling on a over rotated double it is because you are not jumping before you rotate around. So do a few singles and just think about getting into the air. then try the double and think jump first then rotate. This may help. This is how i started landing my double toe again.