View Full Version : Peach Schedule

Stormy
08-11-2006, 10:22 AM
It's coming up soon! Rob, any idea of when it's coming out? I still haven't booked my flight, which was dumb. I am hoping the prices don't spike because of the current situation. But my flight always depends on the schedule. Hopefully we see it soon. :)

rlichtefeld
08-11-2006, 02:36 PM
I have the first pass from the referee. I've found a few conflicts (skaters with multiple events with start times close), and she is supposed to get back to me today.

I can tell you that that on Saturday we have events from 10:30-5:15, and on Sunday from 9:00-12:30

So, check this weekend for the schedule.

I'll also mail each persons schedule to them as soon as I get a little time this weekend, but I've got a pretty long "honey-do" list.

Rob

NoVa Sk8r
08-12-2006, 04:04 PM
The tentative schedule is up:
http://gafsc.org/peachclassic/2006/schedule.htm

(My 2 events are back-to-back!)

mskater
08-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Wow, Inside and my lil'sis have lots of company in the Gold Pairs event! Nice to see more than two Master's Ladies in the event as well. Should be a fun time - too bad I'm not in good skating shape, but that's never stopped me in the past:]

-Cheers!

rlichtefeld
08-13-2006, 08:36 PM
(My 2 events are back-to-back!)

I let the referee know about the conflict on Friday. She had actually moved things around because Kelton was back to back, and so then we impacted you. However, I think we'll have things worked out in the next day or two.

Rob

NoVa Sk8r
08-13-2006, 09:09 PM
No sweat, Rob.
I just want to have enough strength for the Pamchenko in the pairs program! :P

rlichtefeld
08-14-2006, 05:58 AM
No sweat, Rob.

"It's illegal!"
"Legano, ne legano. It's a grey area."

Rob

LoopLoop
08-14-2006, 07:43 AM
"It's illegal!"
"Legano, ne legano. It's a grey area."

Rob
It's in! It's in!

skaternum
08-14-2006, 08:11 AM
"I'm in the mood to kick a little a**."

rlichtefeld
08-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Some people have WAY too much time on their hands:
http://modena.intergate.ca/personal/wac/cutedge/timeline/pamchenko.html

http://modena.intergate.ca/personal/wac/cutedge/index.html

Full Text:
http://modena.intergate.ca/personal/wac/cutedge/cutedge.txt

Rob

rlichtefeld
08-14-2006, 09:18 PM
No sweat, Rob.

Nova, check the new schedule. I think you'll be pleased:
http://www.gafsc.org/peachclassic/2006/schedule.htm

Rob

NoVa Sk8r
08-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Great, Rob; I was gettin' a little "nervous in the service" with the events so close. Although I'm not high level, I think it's safer for Loops not to have me tired as I attempt to pick her up!

But really, I was just hoping that one of my events would not be moved to Sunday. I have the tendency to, er, drink a little on that Saturday night (OK, immediately after my last event). It's nice to know that Sunday is a rest/recovery/spectating day. 8-)

NoVa Sk8r
08-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Oh, Rob, I noticed you weren't on the list--hope all is well :?:

rlichtefeld
08-15-2006, 10:01 AM
Oh, Rob, I noticed you weren't on the list--hope all is well :?:
I'm not skating at the Peach this year. The first time in 6 years.

All the problems with the knee and the feet are combining to really infringe on my skating. I had an MRI last Monday on the knee, and started going to PT for the feet, which are probably impacting the knee. I haven't skated a full week since the Mountain Cup.

What started with burning the bottoms of my feet by walking on the sand at a park on Lake Michigan, at the Chicago Pairs camp last year, has now morphed into:

pesplanus (fallen arches) - both
over-pronation - both
metatarsalagia (pain along the ball of the foot) - both
calca eversion (heel out of alignment) - left
hallus valgus (start of big toe overlapping other toes) - left

Although, I'm seeking second and third opinions. Because to me it just seems the padding under the head of the metatarsals has gotten thinner. But, neither the podiatrist or therapist seem to think it's that.

However, the shooting pains from my toes to the ball of my feet isn't necessarily explained by their diagnoses. So, we'll see.

At least the knee is better, as long as I stay on the anti-inflammatory. The PT thinks she can fix the knee by strengthing some of my "core" and getting my hips into alignment.

My 46th birthday is just a few days away, and I feel like I'm falling apart. I may not make it to age Class IV!

Rob

InsideAxel
08-15-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm not skating at the Peach this year. The first time in 6 years.

Rob,

I'm sorry to hear about your medical issues. I know how hard you (and all the other Peach LOC folks!) work on this competition, so its a shame you aren't able to skate it this year. Hopefully you'll have a good recovery and will be competition ready soon.

C'ya!

Kelton

skaternum
08-15-2006, 12:21 PM
Rob,
Sorry to hear about your problems. I hope you can get things fixed soon. Still, it's somewhat comforting to know I won't be the only one on the Injured Reserve list this year. This will be the first time I've skipped Peach in at least 6 years, I think. <sniff>

Mrs Redboots
08-15-2006, 12:22 PM
Poor old man, Rob! Hope things will be fixed in time for next year's European Triathlon.

rlichtefeld
08-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Poor old man, Rob! Hope things will be fixed in time for next year's European Triathlon.

I went back and read my post, and it sounded pretty pitiful.:cry:

However, I hope to be back in order as soon as possible. I will endeavour to persevere.

Rob

dani
08-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Rob,
Sorry to hear about your problems. I hope you can get things fixed soon. Still, it's somewhat comforting to know I won't be the only one on the Injured Reserve list this year. This will be the first time I've skipped Peach in at least 6 years, I think. <sniff>

I am having to skip it this year - first time in 5 years! :-(

Good luck to everyone!!

sexyskates
08-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Sorry to hear that you are having such pain. I hope that with all the PT you will make a full recovery and be better than ever. We adults have to take good care of our bodies!
Get well soon!

flo
08-16-2006, 03:29 PM
We have to take care of those feet. No heels. One of my favorite t-shirts was a pump with an international no symbol.

skatingatty
08-16-2006, 04:49 PM
Rob, get well soon! I too will be missing Peach for the 1st time since 2001.

rlichtefeld
08-17-2006, 06:24 AM
I too will be missing Peach for the 1st time since 2001.

Sorry, you won't be there. This year there are quite a few "regulars" who aren't coming for quite a number of reasons.

However, one good side is that we were able to get all the events on one surface! So, this year you won't have to to worry about which rink you should be watching your friends on.

Rob

Stormy
08-18-2006, 11:02 AM
I am bummed as well that a lot of the regulars won't be at Peach....it does seem smaller this year! Skatingatty and dani, I will miss you!!! But this is the first time I'll be staying both days and finally going to the competitors party! W00T! :) InsideAxel, Nova, Loops, mskater, mskater's sister, I cannot WAIT to see you guys!! I booked my flight yesterday and I am glad I waited, the price dropped by almost $100 overnight! Soooooooo excited!

InsideAxel
08-18-2006, 11:22 AM
I am bummed as well that a lot of the regulars won't be at Peach....it does seem smaller this year! Skatingatty and dani, I will miss you!!! But this is the first time I'll be staying both days and finally going to the competitors party! W00T! :) InsideAxel, Nova, Loops, mskater, mskater's sister, I cannot WAIT to see you guys!! I booked my flight yesterday and I am glad I waited, the price dropped by almost $100 overnight! Soooooooo excited!

Are you up for a burger Friday night?!?

Kelton

mikawendy
08-19-2006, 05:05 PM
We have to take care of those feet. No heels. One of my favorite t-shirts was a pump with an international no symbol.

Tee hee. When I first read this post, I thought you were telling Rob he should stop wearing heels. :lol: :lol: Sorry!

Stormy
08-20-2006, 08:13 AM
Are you up for a burger Friday night?!?

Kelton

Of course!!! 8-)

Stormy
08-29-2006, 06:43 PM
See you guys at the rink on Friday. We're in for an awesome weekend! :D