View Full Version : Adult Competition in Brewster, NY

sexyskates
08-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Hi Adult USFSA Skaters! Just wanted everyone to know that the Skating Club of Brewster, NY is hosting it's second annual all adult USFSA competition Saturday, September 23rd. It was a great time last year, so sign up soon if you would like to participate. Brewster is about an hour or so north of the Manhattan. You can get info at www.scofbrewster.com
Hope to you there!

sexyskates
08-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Oh, and I would like to put together a gold manuever team too. Let me know if you would like to join!

Hannahclear
08-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Can you give some idea as to turnout/competitors per group? Do they combine age groups if there aren't that many people?

sexyskates
08-10-2006, 09:34 PM
There were about 50 people at the competition last year, and that was the first time it was held. There was a little combining on age groups where needed for some of the events (like spins and compulsory moves). Most groups were from 4 to 8. There was a great little wine and cheese party in the bar of the rink right after the competition. Now that the word is out, there should an even bigger showing this year.

Novice Spirals
08-11-2006, 07:51 PM
The competition in Brewster is run by adult skaters and is tailor made for adults. There are multiple events and you can tell the LOC went above and beyond to make the adults feel welcome. I highly recommend it. Also, when you email them with questions, they always respond. That's refreshing!

Last year, some groups had as many as 8 and in the locker rooms, they had baskets with stuff skaters need..nice touch.

Good goodie bags too...free drink coupons...gotta love that!
See you all there in September!

Hannahclear
08-11-2006, 09:52 PM
It sounds awesome, but probably next year, rather than this one.

Raye
08-12-2006, 12:28 AM
I'm with Hannahclear on this one. It looks like fun, but there is not enough time to arrange time off work for this one. I will probably try this one next year

badaxel
08-13-2006, 09:01 PM
I went last year and I had a great time. It was a small enough competition that I felt comfortable and could get to know some people. But, it was big enough to be competitive and interesting. I would love to go again, but September is a rough time for us teachers, and my brother- in- law is getting married the Sunday before!