View Full Version : Good luck, e-skater!!!

jazzpants
08-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Our own e-skater will be taking her Bronze FS test this coming Wednesday afternoon (PST time)!!!

http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/sportlich/c015.gif

Go get 'em, Janet!!! Fight for this and it's yours!!! :twisted:
http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/sportlich/c005.gif

e-skater
08-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Our own e-skater will be taking her Bronze FS test this coming Wednesday afternoon (PST time)!!!

http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/sportlich/c015.gif

Go get 'em, Janet!!! Fight for this and it's yours!!! :twisted:
http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/sportlich/c005.gif

Thanks so much! The support helps a lot. After today's practice.....:roll:

Have patience with me...don't have a lot of time to read and post, but will make an effort to post how the test came out.

I'm a bundle of nerves! Even if all goes "perfectly" (which, maybe someone has had a test like that, but never me! LOL!) my "sit spin" (yep, it's recognizable, but is truly at "squat spin") I'm about 50/50 on passing. My friend was flunked specifically for a sit which looks, sadly, JUST LIKE MINE......so.............

Our judges here aren't very easy on adults, as Thin Ice and some other CA skaters have noted.

I'm going to do my best at that time, so I can hopefully live with myself afterward, whatever the outcome! :)

doubletoe
08-07-2006, 06:16 PM
You can do it. :) Just take it one element at a time, and remember, it doesn't have to be perfect (you can re-skate 2 elements!).

Not too long ago, I saw a panel of judges pass an adult on her Bronze freestyle even though she did nothing even close to a sitspin. I hadn't realized this, but apparently, if they feel that your overall presentation of your program is strong, they can actually elect to overlook a required element.

Terri C
08-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Go e-skater!!! You can do it.... looking forward to calling you a Pre Bronze Peanut Gallery Ex- Officio!!

Sk8pdx
08-08-2006, 01:46 AM
G- will there be any pre-bronzers left? everyone seems to be abandoning ship (which is kind of a good/bad thing?):P

Go e-skater!!!

Mrs Redboots
08-08-2006, 03:29 AM
GOOD LUCK, JANET!

YOU CAN DO IT.

Thin-Ice
08-08-2006, 03:35 AM
You CAN do it Janet... and as long as you do something that RESEMBLES a sit spin (squat spin does resemble a sit spin).. and you're up in quality on a couple of other things, you can pass. Remember to skate out with confidence, take your time with each element and use ALL the ice... you paid for it, you may as well use all of it. If you can make eye contact at least once (or look above the judges' heads!) it looks like you are performing and impresses most judging panels.

You'll be GREAT!!! Enjoy the experience and the panel will enjoy it with you.

Thin-Ice

FrankR
08-08-2006, 07:17 AM
Best of luck to you, Janet!! You can do this. :D

Debbie S
08-08-2006, 08:07 AM
Good luck, Janet! You can do it! Just stay calm and focus on one element at a time.

Isk8NYC
08-08-2006, 10:08 AM
G- will there be any pre-bronzers left? everyone seems to be abandoning ship (which is kind of a good/bad thing?):P

Go e-skater!!!I'm still considered "no test" because my old tests expired...

Good luck, e-skater! I'm sure you'll pass easily!

e-skater
08-08-2006, 02:55 PM
If you can make eye contact at least once (or look above the judges' heads!) it looks like you are performing and impresses most judging panels.

Thin-Ice

Actually, I do have a portion in my program which looks directly where the judges will be......along with this arm flourishy thing. So I guess that's good. Let's hope I don't have a rictus grimace on my face during that element! :P

flying~camel
08-08-2006, 03:28 PM
GOOD LUCK, e-skater! :P :P :P

flo
08-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Enjoy it - show them you LOVE skating!!!!!

mikawendy
08-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Actually, I do have a portion in my program which looks directly where the judges will be......along with this arm flourishy thing. So I guess that's good. Let's hope I don't have a rictus grimace on my face during that element! :P

Tee, hee, I love that description! And good luck on your test.

My bronze program has my loop and my sit spin right in front of the judges and the backspin and scratch spin not too far away from them. Eeek! And my flourishy parts are facing the audience instead of the judges.....

Raye
08-08-2006, 08:06 PM
YOU CAN DO IT!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: