View Full Version : Article on Jay

skatingatty
08-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Here it is:
http://asianathlete.com/DaScoopsFormDisplay.aspx?ID=2855

Sk8pdx
08-06-2006, 07:35 PM
That is such a great story. Thanks for sharing the link. 8-)

jazzpants
08-06-2006, 07:38 PM
LOVE IT!!! LOVE the article!!! LOL!!!

Thank you for writing about my wonderful primary coach, skatingatty!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: (He'll love it!!!)

flippet
08-07-2006, 05:09 PM
It says the video is on youtube, but I couldn't find it...anyone have the link?

Icebug
08-07-2006, 05:17 PM
Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvGVQZQBwzs

skaternum
08-07-2006, 08:59 PM
That was a great article, skatingatty! I was wondering if you were going to do one about Gay Games. It was really well written -- enjoyed it.

flippet
08-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvGVQZQBwzs

Thanks! Lilith only tagged it 'skating', so it was harder to find.

mikawendy
08-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Great article and great video. I have to admit I haven't seen many pictures of Jay, so I didn't recognize him not in his "Kween" getup!:lol:

jazzpants
08-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Great article and great video. I have to admit I haven't seen many pictures of Jay, so I didn't recognize him not in his "Kween" getup!:lol:Oooooh... I HAVE to pass on this quote to him!!! LMAO!!! :twisted: :lol:

skatingatty
08-09-2006, 08:20 PM
That was a great article, skatingatty! I was wondering if you were going to do one about Gay Games. It was really well written -- enjoyed it.

Thanks! It was thanks to Jay being willing to be interviewed. He sure doesn't look 45 years old. I think skating, by keeping us indoors, keeps us all younger looking. :) BTW, isn't that red dress gorgeous (the one he's wearing in his profile pic)? I want a dress like that! Skaternum, how are your knees?

jazzpants
08-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Thanks! It was thanks to Jay being willing to be interviewed. He sure doesn't look 45 years old. I think skating, by keeping us indoors, keeps us all younger looking. :) BTW, isn't that red dress gorgeous (the one he's wearing in his profile pic)? I want a dress like that! Skaternum, how are your knees?Re: ice and younger looking: I always thought it was the Asian gene thing. ;)

Re: Red dress... "stunning" is definitely one way I would describe it!!! God Save the "Kween!" LOL!!! :twisted: :lol: (Yes, he looks lovely in that dress!!! :bow: )

w.w.west
08-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Re: ice and younger looking: I always thought it was the Asian gene thing. ;)

Re: Red dress... "stunning" is definitely one way I would describe it!!! God Save the "Kween!" LOL!!! :twisted: :lol: (Yes, he looks lovely in that dress!!! :bow: )

Hey Jazzpants! When you see Jay, ask him why he didn't mention his real "home club" in Wyandotte, Michigan! :) I'd ask him myself except his email address that I have for him bounced. Tell him we're expecting to see him at the Fall cookie dough fundraiser! ;) His favorite witch sends regards and spells! :mrgreen:

Isk8NYC
08-09-2006, 08:58 PM
His favorite witch sends regards and spells! :mrgreen:Is THAT what "w.w." stands for? I thought it was "Wild, Wild" ...

I have no idea who Jay is, but I enjoyed the article very much.
(Any friend of Jazz's is okay in my book.)

w.w.west
08-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Is THAT what "w.w." stands for? I thought it was "Wild, Wild" ...

I have no idea who Jay is, but I enjoyed the article very much.
(Any friend of Jazz's is okay in my book.)

Yes, my little pretty....THAT is was "W.W.". stands for. Although, I have been known to get "Wild, Wild" as well, I am known mostly for the former. ;) (hence the green smiley on the previous post)

Yes, the article was great! It really captured Jay!

jazzpants
08-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Hey Jazzpants! When you see Jay, ask him why he didn't mention his real "home club" in Wyandotte, Michigan! :) I'd ask him myself except his email address that I have for him bounced. Tell him we're expecting to see him at the Fall cookie dough fundraiser! ;) His favorite witch sends regards and spells! :mrgreen:His PR dept (me) just email him to let him know to email 'ya, so he better contact 'ya (or else I'll have to make him fly out on a broomstick to Wyandotte, MI to bring back some cookie dough for me!!!) :yum: :twisted: http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/figuren/c035.gif

skaternum
08-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Skaternum, how are your knees?Feeling good and pretty much fully rehabbed from the last surgery. My cartilage implant and realignment surgery is scheduled for Nov. 16th at Duke. I'll be in a fully locked brace for 6 weeks -- no stairs, no weight on it at all. (We're having an elevator installed in our house! Cool, huh? I'll be having an elevator party to christen it when it's done. We can put the bar in it and just run the drinks up and down. Hee hee.) After the brace comes off, I'll still be on crutches for a few weeks, then I can use a cane for a couple of months. Until the implanted cartilage matures to a certain point, it can't support any weight, so it's gonna be a drag. And the realignment is supposed to be very painful and a nasty rehab, but I don't care anymore. If this will fix my problems once and for all, I can endure it. My hubby will take a week off to help me, then my dad will come up for a week to help (heaven help us all! :lol: ). I'm actually looking forward to getting it over and done with. Not skating is killing me!

BTW, skatingatty, I think I have 4 pretty red napkins or tea towels or something that you left at the last test session. Want me to bring them to the one this weekend?

skatingatty
08-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Whoa, that sounds really serious. Did skating cause or speed up your knee problems? An elevator in the house sounds pretty luxurious though. :) Sure, please bring the napkins-- they must be skating club property, because they're not mine. I'm looking forward to seeing the pairs tests!