View Full Version : Superfeet?

singerskates
08-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Anyone Use This Product called Superfeet? There is this grey pair that's suppose to be for skates. I'm wondering if they really work. Here's the website http://www.superfeet.com/content/grey.html#.html

They cost $50 dollars here in Windsor. I'm thinking I'll be buying a pair of them for my skates on Tuesday. I tried a pair on the floor in bare feet while the skate shop owner tried to move me from where I was standing and I didn't budge. He tried the same thing while I was in my running shoes with costom orthotics and I moved forward a step and couldn't stop him.

I'm just wondering if they really do work for skating? Falling in to the inside and falling forward in my skates have been a huge issue in my skating. I'm convinced that it is the reason why, my loop, flip, lutz and backspin were not dependable so far. And also why, I haven't been able to get the double salchow back since May/June of 2005 (even then, when I was taking off and landing the 2 sals, I had trouble getting the full rotation 99% of the time because I had no control inside my skates).

singerskates

beachbabe
08-06-2006, 11:17 PM
you mentione dhaving no control inside your skates...

you should consider getting your size checked because it may be that they are too wide or too big for you.

I have always pretty much used the standard skate insoles and never really had a problem. It seems to me these insoles are just thicker and dont work like real orthotics but jsut push your foot up in the boot.

If your boots are too wide it could be causing the problems you are describing.

samba
08-07-2006, 11:42 AM
It depends on what the problem is, your boot or your feet.

My fitter sells loads of these Superfeet things, I have a pair for my boots and a pair for my slippers, my feet are so badly deformed from various injuries etc that these tend to re-align things for me. Before I got them I was constantly landing my toe salchow on an inside edge, I hardly ever do that since I got these.

singerskates
08-07-2006, 03:18 PM
you mentione dhaving no control inside your skates...

you should consider getting your size checked because it may be that they are too wide or too big for you.

I have always pretty much used the standard skate insoles and never really had a problem. It seems to me these insoles are just thicker and dont work like real orthotics but jsut push your foot up in the boot.

If your boots are too wide it could be causing the problems you are describing.

Sorry, I have a severe bunion problem that prevents me from getting a smaller size skate. This is partly why I have turned to orthtics and am willing to try the Superfeet footbeds. I am also hugely flat footed.

singerskates

dbny
08-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Sorry, I have a severe bunion problem that prevents me from getting a smaller size skate. This is partly why I have turned to orthtics and am willing to try the Superfeet footbeds. I am also hugely flat footed.

singerskates

Put that $50 away in a custom Klingbeil fund. I saw a skater with bunions so big that her new Klingbeils actually had a huge bulge for them. Don said he tried to make it show as little as possible, but the skater declared that it was the first time she had ever had boots that actually fit. She didn't care how they looked. No amount of punching out and no orthotics can provide the kind of fit that custome Klingbeils can when bunions are the issue.

Hannah
08-08-2006, 04:26 PM
I love my superfeet in my shoes, but don't have them in my skates, mainly because they already fit my feet and support my arch. But if your skates don't actually FIT in the first place...

singerskates
08-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Put that $50 away in a custom Klingbeil fund. I saw a skater with bunions so big that her new Klingbeils actually had a huge bulge for them. Don said he tried to make it show as little as possible, but the skater declared that it was the first time she had ever had boots that actually fit. She didn't care how they looked. No amount of punching out and no orthotics can provide the kind of fit that custome Klingbeils can when bunions are the issue.

I won't be.

1: Klingbeils don't sell around here (Windsor, ON)
2: I just bought new boots.
3: My boots are doing alright. It's just my crazy feet.

mimi
08-10-2006, 08:12 AM
I tried Superfeet (gray) in my skates today. I was hoping Superfeet would stop my arch pain. But, Superfeet made my arch pain worse:x In addition, it was much harder to have good balance when I used Superfeet.

Your problem is different from mine. So, I cannot give you any specific suggestions for your case. You can try it though it may work or not.

singerskates
08-11-2006, 10:08 AM
I did buy the grey Superfeet foot beds. I bought mine at a skating pro shop and there they did an alignment outside with the blade and inside the boot and with the Superfeet. They are almost perfect for me but I still need to go back for a slight adjustment.

I also was shown a better way to tie my skates up for my wierd narrow upper ankle area. See the I have wide ankle bones but the rest of the ankle is quite thin including the lower part of my calves. What I now do and was shown is to do up my skates up to the last hole and then do like you're going to tie your shoes with a bow but then take the bow ends and wrap them around the first pair of hooks, then pull tight on the laces which makes a nice tight naught pulling the boot snuggly around my ankle and then I finish doing up the laces like I always did before. This gives me more control than I ever had.

Where did I get this shown to and done for me? Brian's Custom Pro Shop
519-254-5733
1495 Tecumseh Road East,
Windsor, ON N8W 1C2

http://img.yellowpages.ca/images/customer/1367/28/3672831b.gif

singerskates

Kristin
08-14-2006, 02:35 PM

singerskates

Hey Brigitte,
I also have a severe bunion problem too, and have had Jackson heat-moldable boots for the last 5 yrs. It's nice because the boot fitter fits them to my foot (without the bunion) and then later punches out the bunion area with this crazy mega-huge punch. He leaves the boots on the punch overnight ("overnight" is the key or else it won't stay), and I haven't had a problem since. It always looks really ugly (like there is an alien growing out of the side of my boot), but they sure are comfy after that. Hope this helps!

FYI: I also have super flat feet too.

::Cheers!::
Kristin

Caitlin
08-17-2006, 10:46 PM
hey~~
I wear the grey superfeet. I find they have great support. Be sure that your skate is fitted correctly. I do believe mine only cost 30 dollars in edmonton

SkatingOnClouds
08-18-2006, 04:16 AM
Hey Brigitte,
I also have a severe bunion problem too, and have had Jackson heat-moldable boots for the last 5 yrs. It's nice because the boot fitter fits them to my foot (without the bunion) and then later punches out the bunion area with this crazy mega-huge punch. He leaves the boots on the punch overnight ("overnight" is the key or else it won't stay), and I haven't had a problem since. It always looks really ugly (like there is an alien growing out of the side of my boot), but they sure are comfy after that. Hope this helps!

FYI: I also have super flat feet too.

::Cheers!::
Kristin

Sounds like my feet. You can always do what I did, though it isn't recommended. I cut holes in the side of my boots where my bunions are, and covered them with soft leather. Heat molding and punching just couldn't get them wide enough. I thought it was a weird thing to do, but if you take a look at Riedells' latest coaches boot, they have similar cut outs, though more professionally done of course.

aussieskater
08-18-2006, 05:15 PM
SkatingOnClouds - the sad thing is that Riedell is acknowledging what all that skating (most coaches - down here at least - used to train and skate competitively before they turned to coaching) must have done to coaches' feet over the years...

Jumper
08-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Hello everybody. I usually just lurk but today decided to share my experience with Superfeet. Maybe it will help somebody. I'm an adult skater in my mid 30-ies.

I've got one pair for myself and one for my daughter- they are Gray model. We both pronate and need some support added into skates. I skated in them last Friday and like them a lot. They give support under the arch (well, not exactly right under the arch but a little bit closer to the heel and it feels good and does not hurt like regular wedges that skater technicians ususally put inside right undere arch) and they also lift a bit heel up from inside. They definitely keep me straight in my skates and I have better time doing right back inside three turns (finally :D ) and I had easier time doing rockers and counters. Back spins were a bit off for the first few attempts but got better with ajustment. Jumps also improved especially loop and salchow. Landing edge felt a lot more secure.

They are not super soft like for example Jackson insoles but they feel very secure and give a lot better control. My feet did not slip into front of my skates and heels were fixed in place also. They are pretty thin (tiny bit thinner then Jackson insiles) and do not take extra space in the skate. I skate in Graf boots.

I'm very happy with them and will repurchase when time comes. I think they maybe a good alternative to expensive orthotics for some folks. It worth to try. My cost me 25 bucks plus shipping from one of the online stores.

SkatingOnClouds
08-21-2006, 04:05 AM
Well Jumper, based on your report, I am going to try these things. I also pronate (quite badly, apparently) and have wondered whether an orthotic might help my edge control, but worried they wouldn't fit well in my skates - I also wear Graf Galaxy boots.

Has to be worth a try, after all, anything that helps my skating is worth trying. :roll:

itfigures
08-22-2006, 02:33 PM
I've got one pair for myself and one for my daughter- they are Gray model. We both pronate and need some support added into skates. I skated in them last Friday and like them a lot. They give support under the arch (well, not exactly right under the arch but a little bit closer to the heel and it feels good and does not hurt like regular wedges that skater technicians ususally put inside right undere arch) and they also lift a bit heel up from inside.

I have flat feet and have to wear arch support lifts in my skates can the superfeet help with that too? I also have Jackson Figure Skates.

singerskates
08-23-2006, 10:36 PM
My Superfeet have been altered by my skate shop pro to help align me in my skates along with moving the blade on my boots. Because I am hugely flat footed, my skate shop pro added more in the arch area to prop up my arch to help stop the pronating. I just went back today after skating in my skates with the Superfeet to have an alteration done of no extra cost and now they feel even better. Can't wait until Friday (Program Assistant on and off-ice meeting).

Real skating starts on Wednesday, September 6, 2006. I was just guest skating at an adult skater with everyone from the brand new adult beginner just learning to skate forwards to those pulling off double lutzes and lots of adult ice dancers of various levels. Only could try up to the flip and not the lutz. Didn't do anything more than that.