View Full Version : aaaaaaaaaaah help!

fmh
08-03-2006, 02:35 PM
this one's kinda long....I havent skated for three months...now i'm doing a summer camp. I've been skating for four days, I still can't do my jumps. I know i have to get back used to the ice...but in the spring i was landing all my double jumps(excluding double axel but i was working on it). Now I can hardly manage easier doubles like double toe and double sal. My attempts at anything harder are just piteous. I would say it's normal, but i do this every year and it normally takes just a day or two at the most to get everything back. I have talked to my coach..and she seems to think I'm doing everything right, i just seem to let go in the air. It's horrible because these jumps were always easy to me, and i want to work on my spins and footwork and stuff like that, but now i have to work on jumps i wouldn't normally be working on too much and i miss out on the harder jumps..My coach has some suggestions, but i like having some other opinions too...has this ever happened to any of you..and how did you fix it??

doubletoe
08-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Do you ever practice your doubles off-ice? It might help to get that feeling back into your body again so that you don't hold back when you do them on the ice.

fmh
08-04-2006, 02:26 PM
yes actually I do...but i things went better today... i think it was just the day...i think i was really tired and my brain wasn't working...but i was kinda freaked out :P