View Full Version : Went skating for the first time since May

sunshinepointe
08-01-2006, 05:13 PM
I've been lurking here reading posts but I haven't had much to contribute unfortunately. Financial circumstances have taken me away from skating, but after seeing a friend take his pre-bronze test two weekends ago I resolved to at least get my butt out there and skate around for fun. So I went today and after a couple of minutes I was doing everything that I was without much effort. The only problem I noticed was a lack of strength - checking wasn't as good, jumps weren't as high. I need to start skating again more often even if without lessons so that I can be in shape for when I'm ready to start attacking the tests again. I should have tested with my friend but...didn't happen obviously. Now I'm itching to get out there and get everything well so I can test at the next session and hopefully catch up! He showed me some of the bronze patterns and they don't seem *too* complicated yet.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my excitement at getting back out there for the first time in months. I missed it so much - now I can't wait until the next time I can go. Fortunately school will be back in session in about two weeks so I can go back to having peace and quiet during the daytime sessions :mrgreen:

Raye
08-02-2006, 11:33 PM
Cool! Good for you. You go girl....:bow: :bow: