View Full Version : Skating in Westchester

sue123
07-31-2006, 11:15 AM
There's a chance I might get hired to work at a lab in Westchester. It's a bit far from me, but I have friends who have an apartment nearby and they would let me crash there when I need to. The hours I would work are 1pm to 10 pm, so I could probably go skating at a public session before that, if there's one available. So does anybody know of any skating rinks in Westchester and how nice they are?

Isk8NYC
07-31-2006, 12:54 PM
There's quite a few - check www.arenamaps.com (http://www.arenamaps.com) for their locations and website links. (I'm not too sure about the boundaries.)

Westchester's a pretty big area, but there are rinks in:

Brewster, NY
Rye, NY
Nyack, NY (Inside Palisades Mall)
New Rochelle, NY
New Hartford, NY

and of course, Sport-o-Rama in Munsey, NY.

Good luck with the job application!

FrankR
07-31-2006, 01:41 PM
There's quite a few - check www.arenamaps.com (http://www.arenamaps.com) for their locations and website links. (I'm not too sure about the boundaries.)

Westchester's a pretty big area, but there are rinks in:

Brewster, NY
Rye, NY
Nyack, NY (Inside Palisades Mall)
New Rochelle, NY
New Hartford, NY

and of course, Sport-o-Rama in Munsey, NY.

Good luck with the job application!

In addition to the rinks listed above I would like to add The Westchester Skating Academy in Elmsford, New York. I believe that they're located right on route 9A.

TimDavidSkate
07-31-2006, 01:45 PM
:D * deleted *

sue123
07-31-2006, 01:52 PM
I'll admit, my knowledge of the geography of Westchester is pretty limited. My interview is on Wednesday, but my sister's friend, who is the one who handed in my resume and gave me a recommendation, said there's a good chance they'll hire me because I'm not incompetent like the other people they have working there. That's always nice to hear.

So the lab is located in Portchester. Anyone know where that is and how far it is from the places listed? Although I think I'm going to start some mapquesting now to see how far they are.

NoVa Sk8r
07-31-2006, 02:24 PM
The Ice Hutch in Mount Vernon is also an option. From Port Chester, it's only 10 or so miles.

froggy
07-31-2006, 07:20 PM
FYI ~ New Rochelle - New Roc City rink is currently closed for the summer due to renovations :D I go to Nyack~Pallisades Mall

correction please :o) new roc was only closed for around a week, it is open now i was just there last week, they have a lot of ice time although I'm not sure what their freestsyle hours are. the ice is well maintained and there is usually very few people out on the ice. i love going there! call b/f going since s/t groups come and rent out the rink and the rink is then closed to the public.

TimDavidSkate
07-31-2006, 07:42 PM
correction please :o) new roc was only closed for around a week, it is open now i was just there last week, they have a lot of ice time although I'm not sure what their freestsyle hours are. the ice is well maintained and there is usually very few people out on the ice. i love going there! call b/f going since s/t groups come and rent out the rink and the rink is then closed to the public.

oh yey, thanks, [edited for content by the mods] answered the phone told us that it was still closed. good, i dont have to go to sky rink and pay $24 per 50min session, when here in new roc its $10 or $13 :mrgreen: