View Full Version : Interpertive programs

skater_girl8
07-28-2006, 12:26 PM
This year I'm going STARskate (free program, interpretive program and skills program) but I'm not much of an artistic skater! I am a pretty fast skate and get kind of bored with slow music.. and suggestions as to what kind of music I should skate my interpretive program to?? or any tips on how to make myself more artistic!?!

singerskates
07-28-2006, 05:03 PM
What are your favourite current music artists? Find something that has changes in the music timing, dramatic changes in the music (stop, all out sound, soft, great instrumental for your foot work section in it and speaks to your soul. Then you'll have fun doing your interpretive and do well with it.

Good Luck

Brigitte Laskowski

beachbabe
07-29-2006, 12:25 AM
once i did a showcase to come in to my world- Kylie Minogue

It works great since I just put in a jump or jump combo when she goes- 'come, come, come in to my world ' and then do an upward arm motion when it goes 'won't you lift me up, up'. And it has a couple good segment from spins and you can fill in the rest with foot work or just crossovers- i just did alot of spirals and spread eagles to fill that time.

skater_girl8
07-31-2006, 06:00 PM
thanks sooo much..

I think i might have some ideas now..
I really appreciate it!!!!

skater_girl8
08-05-2006, 07:28 PM
One of my friends from the rink suggested i skate to "Ray of Light".
I think this is the music that was in Ice princess.. at the end, the long program with the blue dress (when she randomly stops for like 30 seconds to stare at her mother!?!:?:)

I've been beating my brain (:frus:) and anything i come up with i seem to pick apart and eventually hate!

skating_life
08-06-2006, 02:24 PM
Its all right i cant find anything to do for my interpretive this year either. one of my friends last year did a beautiful one to amazing grace is was so good :)