View Full Version : Photos for the Adult Competition in Bracknell??

eliza1
07-26-2006, 12:47 PM
Just out of curiosity -- has anyone been able to access the photos from the Bracknell Adult Competition or do they know when they will be posted on the photographer's website??

twinkle
07-26-2006, 01:02 PM
The photos from the first few classes are up but nothing has been added there at all for at least the past week.

NickiT
07-26-2006, 02:12 PM
I know the photographer has been really busy but it's taking forever to get the photos up on the website. Some are up and it's the same for Basingstoke Open which was the day before Bracknell. Still only a few classes up for that too. I was hoping we'd have them up by now but I know this guy does a lot of photography for proms, weddings etc and I guess it's been a busy time of year. I keep checking though and I hope they appear really soon.

Nicki

samba
07-26-2006, 02:32 PM
Anyone got a link to the website please.

eliza1
07-26-2006, 02:58 PM
The web site is www.grahamtaylorphotography.co.uk. Thanks for your replies!!

samba
07-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Thanks Eliza, looks like it's password sensitive so ah well never minds eh.

NickiT
07-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Thanks Eliza, looks like it's password sensitive so ah well never minds eh.

Just pm'd you the password, Samba!

Nicki

TashaKat
07-27-2006, 12:04 AM
Nicki, could you, erm, pm me it too please so I can have a nosy? ;)

Is it the same guy who ran IcePhoto or is that someone different?

Ta x

samba
07-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Just pm'd you the password, Samba!

Nicki

Thanks Nicki, looks as though he's a very good photographer, lets hope we get some good ones for the BAC.

Annabel is that an inside to outside spiral I can see Rob doing?

BatikatII
07-27-2006, 07:44 AM
Nicki can you give me the password too please. I wrote it on my hand last week but forgot to write it down when I got home and then washed it off!!!

Mrs Redboots
07-27-2006, 08:34 AM
Thanks Nicki, looks as though he's a very good photographer, lets hope we get some good ones for the BAC.

Annabel is that an inside to outside spiral I can see Rob doing?Don't think so - it is a good spiral, though. Such a pity that half the photos make him look as though he's going to be sick, and at least one shows up his bad habit of putting his head on one side like a parish worker admiring a new baby.

samba
07-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Don't think so - it is a good spiral, though. Such a pity that half the photos make him look as though he's going to be sick, and at least one shows up his bad habit of putting his head on one side like a parish worker admiring a new baby.

At least you got some good ones, I'm usually lucky if I get one that I wouldnt be ashamed to show anyone and the first one shows
Mrs Redboots looking on.

NickiT
07-27-2006, 12:51 PM

Annabel is that an inside to outside spiral I can see Rob doing?

You're welcome.

To anyone else who requested the password I've sent you a pm. Still no more photos added to the website though. He's taking his time to get them up but he's a great photographer - have several of my daughter that he has taken and they are lovely, so hoping the wait will be worth it!

Nicki

kateskate
08-03-2006, 04:45 AM
I think all the free skating pictures are now up in case noone had checked in a while.

They look really good (apart from mine - I am pulling bizarre faces in all of them and look like I'm doing some weird running man thing in one of them!)

chantelly
08-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Love your dress kate! I want my photos! Or at least I will till I see them I don't think I was smiling! xx

2loop2loop
08-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Ugh, I don't know why I bother looking, I'm always horrified. I have the worst hands ever! :roll:

John

kateskate
08-03-2006, 04:22 PM
I am at a loss as to why I look like a goldfish. Why is my mouth open in the most unattractive fashion? I must do something about that.

Mrs Redboots
08-04-2006, 06:05 AM
Ugh, I don't know why I bother looking, I'm always horrified. I have the worst hands ever! :roll:

JohnNa, my husband's are worse! But I don't know why I bother looking at mine..... why does my spiral invariably just look like I've got half-decent extension, for once.....

Maybe the dance ones will look better, if he ever bothers to put them up. Then again, maybe they won't.....

samba
08-05-2006, 01:58 AM

John

John, My hands are not great but I will swop them for your feet!!

chantelly
08-06-2006, 08:44 AM
Some thing funny is going on with the site now?! Doesn't look good! xx

samba
08-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Looks normal to me, what's happening when you use it?

chantelly
08-06-2006, 01:23 PM
How odd it was saying something hideous like about the usa and terrorism etc as if it had been hacked then it is saying page not found now? But how can you see it and not me? very strange! xx

Mrs Redboots
08-06-2006, 02:06 PM
I can't see it, either - I just get an error message. Which, of course, could be because he's in the throes of updating it..... Then again....

chantelly
08-06-2006, 02:07 PM
It was saying really weird things earlierin english and turkish?!

kateskate
08-06-2006, 03:21 PM
It was saying really weird things earlierin english and turkish?!

Argh I got that too! How strange. The address bar said 'Got Hacked?' aswell. Odd.

2loop2loop
08-06-2006, 03:36 PM
John, My hands are not great but I will swop them for your feet!!

No you don't want those either. They may work ok on the ice but they are just the ugliest bumpiest skaters feet. You won't see me wearing flip flops any time soon. :P

John

samba
08-07-2006, 11:49 AM
No you don't want those either. They may work ok on the ice but they are just the ugliest bumpiest skaters feet. You won't see me wearing flip flops any time soon. :P

John

Me either John, infact I dont think there are many regular skaters that would like to show off their feet, I remember when I broke my ankle, the surgeon came to see me the next day and said "about all these bumps on your feet", he looked at me blankley when I told him they were typical skaters feet.

eliza1
08-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Gosh, there is something strange going on with that web site -- thought I would check it since some people were saying odd things were being displayed on the front page -- hopefully they realize it and can correct it or at least take the site down.

Mrs Redboots
08-08-2006, 03:03 AM
It's fine today, and he's put the first two dance classes up - not, as yet, alas, the one with Kateskate, FRBSkate, Chantelly and the Husband in it, but the one with MTJ is there.

mtj4500
08-08-2006, 08:00 AM
It's fine today, and he's put the first two dance classes up - not, as yet, alas, the one with Kateskate, FRBSkate, Chantelly and the Husband in it, but the one with MTJ is there.

I still get the hacked front page if I use www.grahamtaylorphotography.co.uk (http://www.grahamtaylorphotography.co.uk) but seem to bypass it ok by using grahamtaylorphotography.co.uk (i.e. omitting the www. part of the address). Hopefully it won't be too long before the rest of day two appears now.

Mike

Mrs Redboots
08-09-2006, 03:33 AM
I'm not getting the hacked front page at all, how weird. Nice photos of you, MTJ!

jcookie1982
08-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Could you PM me the password please?

Mrs Redboots
08-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Oh dear..... he's uploaded the photos of our free dance (and fortunately not our fall!) and what do I look like in that dress!

Either we skated appallingly badly (quite probable) or he can't take photographs! I know there were bits that went wrong, but really.....

Looking forward to seeing the photos of the compulsories when he gets round to them. None of the compulsory dance classes have been uploaded yet, alas. I just hope I look better in my black dress than I do in the red job!

ETA, still at least the others look nearly as bad - not a pointed toe among us. Nice photos of the winners, though - but then, they can be very graceful!

VegasGirl
08-14-2006, 07:00 AM
Y'all make me curious too now... could I have the password as well or would that be too much of an intrusion?

Mrs Redboots
08-19-2006, 08:42 AM
He's finally got all the photos up (only 2 months after the event!). I'm actually extremely pleased with the ones of our compulsory dances, although our free dance ones are horrible! There are one or two where you can see our lack of partnering skills, but equally one or two where you can see how they're definitely beginning to develop.

And the ones of Husband's solos are pretty dire, too - his arms and hands..... but he won't even see that when looking at the photo, and just comments on his posture (there are a couple where he's sticking his bum out).

But why do I have my mouth open in every single photo?

chantelly
08-19-2006, 09:13 AM
But why do I have my mouth open in every single photo?

I'm either chewing my lip or grimacing in all of mine! Hideous! xx

sceptique
09-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Better late than never!!

http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/I.jsp?c=252ijnf9.6t0pg9yt&x=0&y=casyv8

Mrs Redboots
09-13-2006, 06:56 AM
Thanks, Olga!

sk8_4fun
09-13-2006, 07:24 AM
Better late than never!!

http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/I.jsp?c=252ijnf9.6t0pg9yt&x=0&y=casyv8

great photos! It looks like you were all having fun! I'm new to this and didn't realise that the grown ups had their own comps aswell. thats really brilliant, and fair play to all of you. I'd love to do that one day...:bow:

Mrs Redboots
09-13-2006, 11:25 AM
great photos! It looks like you were all having fun! I'm new to this and didn't realise that the grown ups had their own comps aswell. thats really brilliant, and fair play to all of you. I'd love to do that one day...:bow:Oh yes, of which the Bracknell competition is the oldest in this country. But there are others, including international ones in France, Germany, Estonia and Russia (and many of the US adult competitions welcome international skaters, too). And the British Adult Championships is coming up, at the end of this month (help!!!!).

mtj4500
09-14-2006, 03:33 AM
Oh yes, of which the Bracknell competition is the oldest in this country. But there are others, including international ones in France, Germany, Estonia and Russia (and many of the US adult competitions welcome international skaters, too). And the British Adult Championships is coming up, at the end of this month (help!!!!).

And don't forget Oxford at the end of October! Closing date is 23 September so get your entries in asap ;) .

Mike

sceptique
09-14-2006, 04:25 AM
And don't forget Oxford at the end of October! Closing date is 23 September so get your entries in asap ;) .

Mike

Where can we get entry forms?
Perhaps it would be a good I idea to put up a stucky thread with the links to all entry forms for the upcoming adult competitions.

mtj4500
09-14-2006, 04:58 AM
Where can we get entry forms?
Perhaps it would be a good I idea to put up a stucky thread with the links to all entry forms for the upcoming adult competitions.

Hi Olga,

I can forward an entry form if you send me a PM with your email address. I forgot to mention that this is an Ice Dance competition so it may not be of interest to you.

By the way, lovely photos from Bracknell and especially from Nottingham.

Mike

sceptique
09-14-2006, 06:59 AM
Hi Olga,

I forgot to mention that this is an Ice Dance competition so it may not be of interest to you.

Oops, that's true!
Though learning ice dance is also on my list. Just not quite where yet.

Mrs Redboots
09-14-2006, 10:56 AM

MikeOoops, forgot Oxford! :oops: I'm afraid we won't make it this year, though.