View Full Version : Purrr or Grrrrrrrr 24th to 30th

flo
07-24-2006, 08:56 AM
Purrrrr: Had a good skate this weekend, was in the old and new boots! managed jumps ok in the new ones but spinning will take a bit to get use to.
Lutz-loop loops were ok and edges ok.

Grrrr: a pain switching to new boots!

phoenix
07-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Flo--you've gotta just go cold turkey & make a clean switch, otherwise you'll be too tempted to just keep skating in the old boots! I know some coaches who take the old ones away, to force the issue.

Grrrrrr: not a great practice today, tripped and fell in the middle of my waltz....I've fallen more working on this stupid European than any of my harder dances combined I think! So that made me mad, & then the pre-competition drama started really kicking in & I started crying....*sigh* I'm very weepy lately over my coach not being able to come to the competition, I don't know why, I was fine until just a few days ago.

Purrrr: BUT--I got back up, put the music back on, & did it again, even though I was still crying. And it was okay, I got all the way through it & stayed on time. I have to remember that until about a week ago I couldn't even do this dance up to speed---so I shouldn't expect greatness when it's just not to that point yet.

Hannahclear
07-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Purrrrrr:

Very sparsely attended FS session, so I got to runthrough my program twice, with the elements for Bronze FS. I was encouraged. Getting smoother, timing is working, elements completed. My coach says that my sit could be a little lower, and I'll keep that in mind. But she thinks it's ok for the test.

Landed lutz/loop/toe and then worked on axels in the harness. Definitely getting more out of the harness experience than I did last summer. I want this jump! Think I'll go out into the backyard later today and do some on the ground.

Grrrrrr:

No grrrr really, but I was feeling a little lazy at the beginning of the session, so I probably could have worked harder.

flo
07-24-2006, 10:57 AM
Phoenix - Your right. I start in the new ones, and after an hour I really want to skate, so put the others back on.

I'm waiting to see if I have to send these back to Harlick. If not, them I'm putting my good blades on them!

Emberchyld
07-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Purr: Forward crossovers are coming along great... and my disdain for all hockey people has been challenged because a hockey skater who also learned as an adult pushed me enough to actually skate my crossovers at a decent speed (and make them easier!) and then kept me from falling flat on my butt as he helped me with my backwards crossovers... enough that, after he let me try without my holding on for dear life, I actually managed a few nice ones before the inevitable....

Grrr: Crunch (my backwards crossovers are exactly like: Pump, glide, crossover, CRUNCH8O , stop. Repeat.) Not to mention that the tops of my poor, formerly beautiful skates are suffering from all of the little gashes from when I'm clumsy and don't crossover enough.

Then, I had my faith in hockey people shaken again as these little goons during the Sunday public skate kept nearly smacking into me. One was even skating FORWARDS right behind me and would have smacked right into me if another adult didn't say "Hey, you, kid, WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!" and the kid veered last minute... only to nearly skate backwards into me about a half hour later (this time, I saw him coming last minute and did the whole "veer sideways, put out my arm, and push him in the opposite direction" move). :roll:

Skate@Delaware
07-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Then, I had my faith in hockey people shaken again as these little goons during the Sunday public skate kept nearly smacking into me. One was even skating FORWARDS right behind me and would have smacked right into me if another adult didn't say "Hey, you, kid, WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!" and the kid veered last minute... only to nearly skate backwards into me about a half hour later (this time, I saw him coming last minute and did the whole "veer sideways, put out my arm, and push him in the opposite direction" move). :roll:

Emberchyld, I only have 2 words for you to use on your "hockey goons"

HIP CHECK!!! :twisted:

just threaten them once or twice and maybe that will help, at least it might help you feel a bit better :cry:

doubletoe
07-24-2006, 01:09 PM
Okay, I'm a cat lover, so I'll play! :D

Purr: The new spiral sequence is getting better every day. (If only I could master new spins as quickly as new spirals!) I also had a little breakthrough on my fwd camel spin and my camel combination spin is behaving for a change. The flying camel is also getting better. I got 5 revolutions in my lesson on Friday. :)

Grr: Damn that Axel Paulsen! You'd think I wouldn't have days like this after landing this jump for 3 years, but I was having trouble on the axel yesterday. And I couldn't even land one clean double sal. I'm going to decide I was just tired and try to forget about it so I don't get fixated (yeah, right!).

FrankR
07-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Hi all,

I'll give it a go this week as well.

Purr: After having spent the better part of the last month and a half reworking my axel technique I think it's finally starting to sink in. I have been trying to fix my take-off so that I'm sure to rock up to the toe-pick before taking off. Before, I would stay further back on the blade on the take-off and that was curtailing my height and making the jump a bit spinny. Now, after some harness lessons and drilling the axel take-off from a stand-still I think I'm finally getting that rocking motion up to the toe-pick. My axels feel bigger and easier now. Let's hope it stays that way and I don't revert back to my old technique. I'm also pretty happy with the way my layover flying camel is going. I'm trying to combine that variation with a second variation so that I can make it a level 2 flying camel. :D I've also been doing okay with changes into back camels lately. I used to be petrified of back camels but now I've been playing with camel/change camel, camel/sit/change camel/back sit/back scratch and it's actually not going badly. Woo-hoo!

Grrr: At this point I'm wondering if Ulrich Salchow was sane. :frus: If I can say one good thing about my double sals lately it's that at least I'm not afraid of trying these anymore. Last summer I took some vicious crashes on these and it left me very traumatized. Now, with some determination and very good instruction at the very least I'm not petrified but I am very confused. There are times I try these now (and they're teeny-tiny) and I feel like I've landed backwards but lo and behold there's a very clear forward inside three tracing on the ice on my landing. So I'm landing forward but it feels like I'm landing backward. Now, I can assure you I can usually tell when I've cheated a jump, particularly if it's a half-turn cheat. However, this jump has me totally confused. The few attempts that feel clean actually aren't. :giveup: I'm also a bit sad about my latest sit variation. I had been working on a pancake variation to my forward sit. The first couple of weeks it worked really well. However, lately when I change from the sit to the pancake position, as soon as my head goes down I start to feel like I'm drowning. 8O I literally feel like my head is underwater and I get very dizzy. Has anyone ever had this happen before??8O :cry: I'm wondering if I'm having some sort of sinus problem. As the title says...Grrr. :evil:

Emberchyld
07-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Emberchyld, I only have 2 words for you to use on your "hockey goons"

HIP CHECK!!! :twisted:

just threaten them once or twice and maybe that will help, at least it might help you feel a bit better :cry:

*giggle* Skate@Delaware, you just made my day!

blisspix
07-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Everything's grrrr - I've had another 6 weeks off the ice. 4 due to travel, which is fine, and another 2 due to my work schedule at this time of year.

I had a peek at Chelsea Piers while I was in NYC but didn't skate there, despite the attraction of the free Sunday public session because I didn't take my skates on this trip.

Back to the rink next week I hope.

aussieskater
07-24-2006, 08:47 PM
No purring kitty as my foot still can't get into my skate. :roll: Another couple of weeks yet, I think. :cry:

Skate@Delaware
07-24-2006, 09:27 PM
Grrrrr: having SERIOUS withdrawal since I haven't been able to skate (not on Thursday because we went for a boot fitting; not on Sunday because of stooooopid hockey tournament). So, we will try again this Thursday. The calendar looks good for our summer rink! I need to seriously start tackling that sit spin!

Purr: so, in the meantime, I spent 3 hours on Sunday re-editing my competition music...I'm using a karaoke track (you sing the songs...) and I wanted so much to have the jazzier portion instead of just the piano part. I think it's ok, although there is one part (near the end) where the transition betweent he jazzy part and the ending piano is abrupt....oh well, it matches my skating. I did manage to get it under the time limit (quite a task since the original piece is over 4 minutes and I only need 1:40)....

I'm definitely changing my music next year, though! (my son suggested Star Wars...gotta love him!)

mikawendy
07-24-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm definitely changing my music next year, though! (my son suggested Star Wars...gotta love him!)

I always thought it would be fun to see an improv event at a competition in which the Darth Vader music is used... :lol:

(I think last year at Halloween Classic, the Godfather theme was used for one of the improv events.)

jazzpants
07-24-2006, 11:25 PM
GRRRRR: I got to the rink tonight only to get intercepted by primary coach at the elevator saying "Don't bother going in! Only about 2/3's of the ice is useable and you can't practice your moves pattern on there! Go home!!!"

Not that big of a surprise, since 1) this past weekend when I happened to be checking in on whether I'm on this August's test sessions, I saw that there were a few people shoveling snow into what's now a ditch across half the length of the ice! and 2) a few hours before I got to the rink, the treasurer of my skating club also sent email saying that all FS sessions are closed "for repair of the ice!" :roll:

Thank goodness I got in a lot of practice this weekend!!!

Sorta PURRRRR:

Found out there will be TWO test sessions at my rink the month of August to handle the backlog of skaters preparing for Regionals. (The second one is the week after the first one!) This should increase my chances of being in one of the two test sessions...ummm... I hope? :P I also hope by then the ice ditch problem will be FIXED so we ALL can practice our moves again!!! :twisted:

Mrs Redboots
07-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Purr: Spent the first two hours this morning watching tests, which was nice. The judge was JB, whom we British skaters have mentioned before (first time I've seen her judging tests at our rink; she does come for competitions, but she lives quite a long way away, so doesn't normally do tests), and she chatted to me in one of the warm-ups.

Most people passed, which was very gratifying; there were a couple of failures, though, so it was by no means automatic.

Had an hour on the ice afterwards, during which I mostly worked on my dance moves. Did my coach's exercise of doing my back cross-rolls along the line, making sure I came back to the line every time (over-exaggerating the curve), which was pretty dire while I was doing it, but did seem to improve them when I did a lap of them!

The ice was lovely - for some reason (new manager!) the heating was on, so it was a lot softer than usual, and the rink was really quite warm.

Grr: I'm still fairly sure that my left toe-rake has grown.... it seems the more I try to stay off it, the more I hear (and see, when I look at the tracings) it scraping. Very Deep Sigh. And my Fiesta end pattern was horrible, but to be fair, I didn't really go into it properly solo.

Rob Dean
07-25-2006, 03:30 PM
And my Fiesta end pattern was horrible, but to be fair, I didn't really go into it properly solo.

I spent my lesson yesterday working on the partnering for the Fiesta Tango for the first time. Coach realized midway through the end pattern that she hadn't mentioned that there's a little modification needed to the stroke to avoid taking out your partner. 8O Something new every lesson.:)

Purr: It's taken months to train my body to not flinch during the Swing Dance, but the footwork for the Fiesta Tango looks like it has benefited from all the effort. I am feeling moderately confident doing it solo...

Grrr: ...but the partnering looks likely to be the source of some bruises before all's said and done.

Rob

kateskate
07-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Purrrrr
I am not scared of right forward outside double threes now. And I can do forward inside threes without swinging!
Willow waltz felt better. I haven't done it in my lesson for a while. Modified a few arm positions. Three turn feels more in control although I do have a tendancy to swing a little.

Had a good axel day. Haven't had one of those in forever. The axel practice break helped. And did 2 good run throughs of my programme. Made me extra happy as free skating teacher is away for 2 weeks so good to leave her on a good note. Also tried sit-change-sit-change-sit. Felt weird but was fun

Grrrrr
Camel spins. Got progressively worse. Dance teacher was trying to fix them as its in my free dance. I'm not a natural spinner - I'm better at jumps. He said we'll try it again on Thursday.

Was a little lazy on my FO3 change back outside twizzle so had to do a drill of them round the rink. Then I went into stupid mode and kept doing back outside threes on after the change instead of stepping forwards. We were just working on the change of edge.

Fell over rollerblading and pulled my stomach muscles a little. And we tried alternating mohawks on rollerblades. Scary. I like the ice much better than concrete!

Terri C
07-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Purr:
Power threes were on pattern today, spins were awesome, and my jumps are getting higher!!

Grrrr:
Now we get a new boombox at the rink that does not want to play mine or anyone else's CD for that matter!! Freestyle was too crowded today and there were a group of girls that seemed to goof off like it was a public session!! As we talked about freestlye etiqutte the last week or so, it ticks me when the kids skate like this.

Skate@Delaware
07-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Grrrr:
Now we get a new boombox at the rink that does not want to play mine or anyone else's CD for that matter!! Freestyle was too crowded today and there were a group of girls that seemed to goof off like it was a public session!! As we talked about freestlye etiqutte the last week or so, it ticks me when the kids skate like this.
Our boombox will only play CD-R's. You might want to check into that.

I used to take group lessons and skate on the practice session before my lessons and it used to tick me off that the kids would "play" like it was public session and do stupid hockey skating! I would say stuff to them and it usually helped but sometimes it's frustrating....:frus: I make my daughter get off the ice or skate when we are on club ice and she is holding ice (standing and talking).

Sk8pdx
07-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Grrrr...
I am on a business trip for 10 days and have limited skating opportunities. PLUS, in keeping with the theme this week, I miss my kitty already and I have only been gone 2 days. :cry:

Purr:
I get to meet with DallasSkate this Friday at Grapevine where Adult Nat's was held earlier this year. We could even pretend to have our very own Pseudo-Adult-National's. Chocolate will be awarded for even the smallest achievements presented for those who dare to dream!:bow:

Mrs Redboots
07-26-2006, 07:23 AM
Grrr: ...but the partnering looks likely to be the source of some bruises before all's said and doneTell me about it...... it certainly has been for us!

Not today, though - we did a shedload of exercises, and then ran out of time to do more than begin to run through the Swing Dance. Did do a few end patterns of the Fiesta, though, I think.....

Grrr: I do wish Husband didn't have to get the earlier train on Wednesdays - no sooner had he gone than our new elite couple took to the ice and were doing some lovely stroking exercises we could have profitably copied!

Meanwhile, we did most of our exercises, probably didn't look half as good as M&Ms (the couple), of course - but it seemed like we were only just starting things when it was time for Husband to go and catch his train. Ah well. Still unable to skate backwards together in hold, but managing to do one or two other things a little better. Emphasis on the little!

Purr: I am beginning to feel why my level 3 Dance moves aren't working so well, but correcting it is another matter. But at least a couple of times today I felt that my weight was in the wrong place - and before I got off, I actually did a few that didn't scrape too badly on the left foot! I think I must try not to look at the tracing while I'm doing them - I get my head too far forwards and that puts the tracing off.

LilJen
07-27-2006, 05:47 PM
Grrr/Hiss:
-Off the ice all week, in the boonies in northern Wisconsin.

Purr:
-Some great off-ice training this week: power walking, lots of stretching, swimming in a delightfully warm Lake Superior, picking blueberries, taking naps in the hammock, watching old episodes of "Monk". . . Okay, so those last few don't really qualify as "conditioning." Still purrr-worthy.
-I found a rink in Duluth that's open and has public sessions! So I'll get to go once next week (given the distance, it's practical to go only once) before we head back home. Will be a welcome break from the 90+F-degree heat we've been suffering here.

jazzpants
07-27-2006, 05:59 PM
HSSSSS (Flo... isn't GRRRRR for dogs? :P )

Ehhhh... I lived so far... (http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?p=284485#post284485) :roll: :frus: (Sorry, I haven't posted it on here yet. I was taking a wait and see if I would make it to any of my lessons today. Nope! I'm still recovering from being drowsy...)

PURRRR
Luckily, no broken bones or bad back or anything. I'll be back on the ice in time for my test session!

kateskate
07-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Purrrr
Ice was lovely and quiet this morning. Only me and one other skater.

I'm still liking field moves. Getting to the stage when I'm not scared of double back inside 3s the wrong way too!

No free skating lesson this week so its all dance again. Step sequence is getting better - I now can't fit it in in my little rink - I have to curve the end of it round the corner - which means I should be fine for competitions at bigger rinks. But also means I have to practise it in bits so I can actually get the direction right - 1st half and then 2nd half so I don't run out of room.

Sorted my three turn spin entrance for the end of my free dance.

Ran through compulsories and they felt ok even after a couple of weeks of neglect

Grrrrrr
Very confused over bronze field moves. Can't remember the bracket exercise or the mohawk step. Is it foxtrot mohawk cross in front back inside three swing forwards change feet repeat or is there a back inside three choctaw thingy? argh!

The swing mohawk on the paso doble still scares me. I ran through that dance for fun and again freaked out and didn't do the mohawk when the music was on.

Watched 11 yr old skater who's down for the summer now run through compulsories up to level 7 and some of the level 8 new field moves. All looked so good. Wished I could do them like that!

slusher
07-27-2006, 06:56 PM
This is for the other day, haven't had a chance to post:

Purr:

Ice is back in the local rink. I was the first one on the ice for the adult session and it was new ice, yummy smooth. Can't say as much for my skating though.

Grrrrrr:
I thought to get back in the groove that I'd do some simple things, so got out my stroking book and ran through the preliminary to senior bronze stroking patterns. The forward ones are all right, but it's the Jr bronze back outside 3's that had me in a twist, on the other three JB's I can do the length in 4 lobes, on the BO's, I did six lobes and hadn't gotten to centre ice yet!

Ran through the compulsory dances, of course there's no music other than the radio but it was just a reminder of the steps, and I couldn't remember the 10-fox for the life of me but did a decent European. Not a decent dance but was pleased that I could remember the pattern. "step step now the OTHER way"

Some spins (travelling) some jumps to see if I could remember how, (some of them) and some spirals (oooh, need to stretch).

Skate@Delaware
07-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Grrrr: tried to work the kinks out of my FI mohawks...seem to be a bit better if I concentrate really hard and go slow but they are very ugly. My arms have been all wrong and were really messing me up. Ran through my routine (mostly) and am running out of music (deja vu). I'm thinking that if I cut my music to 1:30 for the no-test section of Halloween Classic, I'm really screwed because I really don't know what I can cut out of my routine (unless it is the sit spin...)

Speaking of which. Sit spin. Fell down. Several times. Onto left hip. Wasn't wearing pad. Murphy's Law wins again. So, it proves I can fall on it and live, but that doesn't help me with the spin. My balance is wonky on it that's for sure. I did one that felt ok but my behind was waaaay up (I arched my back really hard and squeezed my shoulders together but I must have a mental block on lowering down).

Purrr: Ok, despite the fact that there were 2 school buses there full of camp kids ready to skate, they were ok, they could either hug the wall or could skate. AND there weren't enough skates for them all, so they had to go in groups of 2!!! So, I was able to do lots of stuff (except I forgot to practice my loop jump). Even managed to try some camels (they were bad) and did some backspins (2 revs on those), scratch spins were really good.

I will say, after having gone to the boot fitter, my existing boots now feel WAY too big :cry: ...now I know. But I might keep these, and put my Comet blades on these for use on the plastic ice. I don't want to ruin my blades and if I have a backup set of skates, even slightly too big, that should work.

All-in-all, though, it was a great skate!

BatikatII
07-28-2006, 07:09 AM
Grrr
Had to have a lesson on a patch with the kids since the summer timetable and skate camps mean my normal sessions are lost.
Got cramp in my big toe and had to finish on the patch sooner than I planned after my lesson.

purrr
Actually decided I quite like being on with all the other kidskaters as it made me more relaxed about what I was doing for some reason. Have found a new way to make my jumps work which confused my (Russian) coach. I have to think really hard about keeping my right shoulder over my right hip and using these key words makes my jumps better.

I don't normally like running my programme when there are lots of kidskaters on (it's not that I mind the kids watching - they are usually too busy on their own stuff anyway - but it's seeing all the 'skate mums' sitting there that usually freaks me out.) but decided to go for it anyway and it went great. I managed a lovely loop (even coach was moved to shout out well done) and then wonder of wonders I even managed to land my Flip which was the first time I have landed it since I moved it to a new position in the programme. It now follows a bunny hop/drag and I moved it thinking that it would be easier to do there but I was forgetting that my drags don't actually slow me down so I'm still going into it quite fast. Sadly coach missed it as one of the other coaches asked him something at that moment but I was pleased with myself anyway.

blue111moon
07-28-2006, 07:42 AM
Grrrrrrr: After several sessions of spin-heaven, the spin angels took the night off. Except for the basic upright, which was pretty darned good (tucking the free hip UNDER seems to help me with the centering a whole lot!!!), I couldn't spin my way out of a paper bag. But I suppose I was due for an off night on them. I shall not despair. :halo:

Purrrrrrrrr: Jumps didn't hurt as much as they have so I guess the ankle is getting better. Achilles tendonitis is still pretty bad. I remembered to bring my own box of Zip-lock sandwich bags to the rink so I can use Zamboni slush to make ice packs for use as soon as my skates come off. Anyway it's progress of a sort. And my coach and I finally decided on the portion of music that I'm going to use for my new FS and started playing with choreography. Emphasis is on edges and flow. It should be interesting. It's also the earliest I've ever picked music for the coming season.

phoenix
07-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Grrrrr: Last lesson before I leave for my competition, and it was awful! I set a new benchmark for what would be the "worst case scenario" of how I might skate my OD. We worked on parts that I was having trouble with, got them fixed when doing them alone, then went through that part of the program again--still screwed it up! :frus: And then we ran out of time so that was it. I just called coach to see if he has time to sneak in one more session before I go, I just hate to leave it on that note!

Prrrrr: Well, waltz was actually quite good, by my standards anyway. Too much toepick involvement, but otherwise it was on pattern, on time, and nice & easy. Never thought I'd be saying that about a European Waltz! If nothing else, working on it for this competition has made it so I will never fear that dance again.

Skate@Delaware
07-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Purrr: I almost forgot to mention (how could I have forgotten this?) I did some stuff with a pair/ice dancer.....pair spirals side-by-side then frontwards/backwards!!!! It was very nice! I would have done more, but we both had stuff to work on.

jazzpants
07-29-2006, 09:19 PM
PURRRRRR!!!
Sooooo glad to be back on the ice again... and I had a good moves practice to boot too (no pun intended of course!!!) And the BIG PURR of the day is that my 5 step mohawks are smooth, strong, and EXTENDED!!! Now if I could only do this at my test...

... which reminds me... I'm definitely on the next test session! And I'm the VERY FIRST TESTER on that test too!!! SWEET!!! I could warm up the half hour (+ the 5 minute warmup) before the test session, get the test done, pass the test, go home, shower and pass out in my comfy bed!!! :mrgreen: :bow:

GRRRRR!!!

Face still looks AWFUL!!! Will take a while to heal that nasty rug burn... :cry:
There's still a DIP about a quarter length big along the length of the rink on one side. Hopefully it will get fixed by the test session date!Praying for no more dizzy spells...

Debbie S
07-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Purr: Competed in Skate Wilmington today. My FS could have gone better, but at least I didn't have any major disasters (my worry after my practice Thurs night). I did land all my jumps (although my coaches would not have been happy with the loop I did). I got 2nd in FS, and then 1st in my CM event. My first comp win - yippee!

Grrr: Backspin, loop, forward scratch (OK, I redeemed myself on this element in CM, but I stumbled out of it in FS, which I haven't been doing in practice for a while). Plus my sit spin was a bit unsteady. And my footwork was a bit scratchy. Lots of things to work on. On the bright side, at least I didn't stumble on back crossovers like I did at Chessie Open. :roll:

Many thanks to sk8pics for her "coaching" and support! Anyone who can keep me from becoming a nervous wreck at a comp deserves their own gold medal - lol! :bow: :bow:

Terri C
07-29-2006, 10:51 PM
Purr: Competed in Skate Wilmington today. My FS could have gone better, but at least I didn't have any major disasters (my worry after my practice Thurs night). I did land all my jumps (although my coaches would not have been happy with the loop I did). I got 2nd in FS, and then 1st in my CM event. My first comp win - yippee!

CONGRATULATIONS, DEBBIE!!!:bow: :bow: :bow:

Sk8pdx
07-29-2006, 11:14 PM
Congrats Debbie S! It sounds like you were pleased with your overall performance.

Grrrr:
Since I have been away for business travel, I am starting to count the days til I get to skate at my home rink. The humidity and the heat is starting to make me delirious! Today I heard it was only 70 degrees back home. I am pretty imobile during my trip so I have had to be creative to get to places to skate. I am really craving a moves lesson. All of my moves have gone down the drain :frus:

Purrrrr:
Thanks to my hotel shuttle and DallasSkate, I have had the opportunity to skate 3 nights in a row at 2 different rinks. Much more than what I anticipated while being away. My "Piece of sit" spin is actually turning more into a "squat" spin. I need to bend more in the knee instead of at the waistline. but at least I am noticing a change for the better in my own opinion. BO 3s are getting better too! haven't had a lesson for 3 weeks. My coach will be so suprised. 8-)

jazzpants
07-30-2006, 12:08 AM
YAAAAAAY DEBBIE S!!! A GOLD (and Silver) lady in one comp!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Skate@Delaware
07-30-2006, 06:55 AM
Debbie S: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :bow:

Raye
07-30-2006, 02:51 PM
WAY TO GO DEBBIE - YOU GO GIRL! :bow: :bow: :bow:

e-skater
07-30-2006, 03:02 PM

Anyone who can keep me from becoming a nervous wreck at a comp deserves their own gold medal - lol! :bow: :bow:

Debbie, Congratulations on your skates at SW! GOOD FOR YOU! Great that you landed all your jumps and that your programs went well otherwise. It's got to feel good!

Likewise re something, ANYthing, helping to containt the "nervous wreck" comp syndrome!

Good job!

jazzpants
07-31-2006, 02:19 AM
Purrrrr

Nice empty session!!!
Got lots of Bronze Moves practice!!! Did pretty well, but not my best. (Yesterday was my best session yet.)Hisssss/Grrrrr
I had a headache/slight drowsiness towards the end of the session and decided to call it a day! (Turns out I needed food though.)

flo
07-31-2006, 09:34 AM
Debbie - Congrats!!!!

tidesong
07-31-2006, 11:52 PM
Congrats Debbie!!!

Purr: My layback really has improved!! Now to hope it stays consistent :mrgreen:

Grr: Ok... I still cant do my doubles when I'm tired... something is wrong wrong wrong...