View Full Version : What is the "home rink"?

sue123
07-23-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm just curious what guidelines people use to classify their "home rink". Is it the one closest to you? The one you skate at most? The one associated with your skating club? The one where you know everybody including skaters and managers and rink guards and snack bar workers?

I'm just curious, because lately I've been bouncing around from rink to rink, I feel almost homeless. One rink which I would have used to consider my home rink when I was in school I don't skate at anymore, except for the occasional public skate on Friday night with friends. So how does one determine their home rink?

luna_skater
07-23-2006, 10:50 PM
My "home club" is the club I'm registered with, and my "home rink" is that club's main rink. It happens to be the rink I skate at the most, though that will likely change in the fall since I won't have the same slack student schedule I used to!

beachbabe
07-23-2006, 10:50 PM
the one where i get lessons

TreSk8sAZ
07-23-2006, 11:15 PM
My home rink is the one that I skate at the most. My club is based out of a different rink, but has skaters all over town so we claim the rink we are at the most, which is usually where our coaches are, too.

jazzpants
07-24-2006, 12:04 AM
My "home rink" is where I take lessons with my primary coach at and where I skate at the most. It just so happens that my skating club is also at that same rink too!

VegasGirl
07-24-2006, 07:48 AM
My "home rink" is where I skate, period... I don't stray. :halo:

skating_life
07-24-2006, 07:49 AM
My definittion of my "home rink" is where I feel the most comfortable while skating. It is a mixure of all the things you described.

And same with my "home club", I am registered with more then one club so whatever one I have been with the longest or that I feel really apart of, I call it my "home club".

Many people might disagree with this, but it is just my theory.

Hannahclear
07-24-2006, 09:51 AM
I don't consider any of the rinks I skate at to be "home" ice. I'm an individual member, and during most of the year, I skate three times per week, at three different rinks. All close to each other, but it's a scheduling thing.

TimDavidSkate
07-24-2006, 09:58 AM
I classify mine where I started skating.

Isk8NYC
07-24-2006, 01:21 PM
I coach at one rink more than the other two, so I consider that one to be my home rink. (My kids take their lessons here, too.)

I'm currently an individual USFSA and professional ISI member, so I don't have a home club.

When I belonged to skating clubs, the one I registered for the USFSA through was what the USFSA considered my home club.

I considered the one I skated at most to be my home club, whether it was ISI or USFSA. It's the one I went on trips with and skated for in competitions.

Chico
07-24-2006, 11:02 PM
My home rink is where I skate most of the time. My home rink is where I'm a club memeber. My home rink is where I take my lessons at. And, my home rink is where I know everyone and they know me. My home rink is where my rinkmates miss me when I don't skate for a few days and call home worrying about me. =-)

Chico

tidesong
07-25-2006, 12:17 AM
Theres only one rink in this whole country so home rink is that rink for me. I guess that if by any chance we get lucky and get more rinks, the home rink would be the one where I have lessons at.

Jump
07-25-2006, 09:34 AM
Ditto tidesong :D

When we used to have 2 rinks in the country, my home rink was the rink that I was having lessons at. I started out at the other rink, and after I changed rink, I stopped considering that one my 'home rink'.

lovepairs
07-25-2006, 10:27 AM
I believe the "home club" is the your primary club (I think you register your USFSA membership with this club.) It is the club where you can test without having to pay extra quest fees, and you don't need a permission letter to test at your home club, either--you just sign up, pay a smaller amount and take the test at your home club.

flo
07-25-2006, 10:50 AM
For representation, home rink is the club you represent. For me, it will be the club where I learned to skate (in adult group lessons!). Right now they are the same rink.

Mercedeslove
07-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Mine is where I take lessons at. I honestly thought that's how it always was.

lovepairs
07-25-2006, 06:21 PM
You can be a member of your "home club," again the place where testing is less expensive, and you don't need a permission to test letter. I'm pretty sure that your USFSA membership is linked to the "home club." Then you can be an "associate member" at other clubs simultaneously, which means that you pay a smaller fee for fewer priviledges then you would as a "full member" at your "home club," which comes along with many more perks!