View Full Version : Purr or Grrrrrr July 17 - 23

flo
07-17-2006, 02:06 PM
For all those kitties:

Purrr: skated this weekend for a couple of hours. The lutz-loops were nice and high and camel-jump-camels were consistient. I want to get back into doubles again. Playing with counter move - I'd liek to get that stronger on both sides.

Grrrr: Have bad blister from my skates. Fortunately the ones I'm going to try again are on their way to be sharpened. I might just end up getting a new pair of bladers for them.

Sk8pdx
07-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Hi Flo,
Looks like I did not see your thread yet as I was creating one as well. oops:??

Sonic
07-17-2006, 02:41 PM
Grrr:

Isn't it amazing how it feels as if you've regressed with nearly two weeks off the ice? (or is that just me?) Skated on the tea-time session this evening and I swear it took the best part of 20 minutes just getting used to the feel of the ice.

Purr:

Survived my free skate lesson (fist one for 3 weeks). Worked on spins, camel, sit, cross (scratch) and back spin. Coach says camel spin is starting to look really good. Did a really good one (4 revs) on practice and he applauded even though he was teaching someone else!
Am finally starting to get out of the habbit of looking down during spins.
Managed to pull of some jumps! Including some mediocre loops and a flip (VERY dodgy, only just held onto landing BUT it went full revolution).
Foot is okay...did some handstring stretches before leaving the rink, I think these helped

S xxx
[/LIST]