View Full Version : back on ice after 1 1/2 mos, yay!

looplover
07-16-2006, 06:14 PM
Shoulder is healed, just some slight soreness so I went back today...wow, did my legs hurt by the end of the public session, it's amazing how quickly you lose muscle tone

when you sit on the sofa instead of exercising

SO glad to be back on ice! Didn't jump that much. Next time.

Isk8NYC
07-16-2006, 07:45 PM
What wonderful news! Take care and congrats

Sonic
07-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Good for you, looplover!
It's hard enough getting back after 2 weeks, never mind more than a month lol!

S xxx

TreSk8sAZ
07-17-2006, 11:45 PM
Congrats! I just got back on after 2 1/2 months, so I know where you're coming from! It only took me about 3 or 4 days to get comfortable with everything again. Stick with it!!!! Your muscles will come back faster than you think!

JessicaLynn
07-18-2006, 06:10 AM
Yay, that's great! You will get the muscle tone back soon enough.

(PS I love loops too!!)

looplover
07-18-2006, 07:47 AM
You know I registered this handle when I had a really good loop, then I didn't skate for a while, and now I'm only a "loopeverhopeful"

ouijaouija
07-18-2006, 05:10 PM
i am curious, is it like riding a bike, i mean do you lose any skill?

looplover
07-18-2006, 06:26 PM
i am curious, is it like riding a bike, i mean do you lose any skill?

I think it's like riding a bike but as adult skaters we are prone to more fear than the kids are, so my lack of practice makes me tentative. that happens to me a lot though because I only practice twice a week -- but I can't afford more! (I'd skate every day if I could!)

beachbabe
07-18-2006, 07:41 PM
Shoulder is healed, just some slight soreness so I went back today...wow, did my legs hurt by the end of the public session, it's amazing how quickly you lose muscle tone

when you sit on the sofa instead of exercising

SO glad to be back on ice! Didn't jump that much. Next time.

haha, i lose muscle tone just from taking a break and doing other forms of excersize since you use different muscles in skating that some other forms of excersize don't seem to use at all.

when i had a month frustration break this time last year, after coming back i was pretty sore after my first couple of sessions back. I don't know if I may have just been hitting the jump harder or something, but i definately wasn't sitting on the couch the whole time i took off (i was playing tennis and working out at the gym even harder than usual).

you have to keep skating to keep the muscle tone lol:roll: