View Full Version : Smelly Bunga pads

kittie067
07-14-2006, 04:54 PM
Lately I've been noticing that my bunga pads are really starting to smell.8O

Does anyone know if you can hand wash them or not?

Thanks

~kittie

phoenix
07-14-2006, 05:05 PM
yes, you can definitely hand wash them. I do it on occassion...should do it a lot more!! :oops:

kittie067
07-14-2006, 08:19 PM
thank you!

icedancer2
07-14-2006, 09:18 PM
I've even put them in the washing machine in one of special little bags to keep them separate. No problem.

I wouldn't put them in the dryer, though -- just let them air-dry.

SDFanatic
07-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Yep, you can wash then, I usually wash mine in the sink with shampoo (shampoo is less harsh the clothes detergent) and let them air dry.

Steven

Chico
07-14-2006, 11:46 PM
I find that after a certain time that washing just doesn't work anymore and then there is nothing to do but buy new ones. About once a year for me. About this time I find they start to lose some of their cush. Baby shampoo and air drying for me too.

Chico

Mrs Redboots
07-15-2006, 06:03 AM
I don't have Bunga pads as such, but if they are made of that polymer gel, as I think they are (like my bunion pad!), you just wash them under a running tap with gentle soap (so you can do it when you wash your hands - my goats' milk soap is ideal for the purpose!), rinse, and then when dry (you should leave them to air-dry, but I usually want to wear the thing, so dry it gently in a towel), you put some talcum powder on it.

So far, mine has survived all skating can throw at it, including being dropped on the rink floor, left overnight, and trodden on! I do have a spare......