View Full Version : Interpretive Couples?

Justine_R
07-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Hey,

Well it's summer and im looking for something fun to do so I decided on interpretive couples, but im not sure what it involves?

Can it be a girl/girl couple? or does it have to be a guy? I am currently working on my silver interpretive.. so does that mean my partner has to be too?

Could anyone explain this to me?

Thanks.

samba
07-14-2006, 12:20 AM
Hey,

Well it's summer and im looking for something fun to do so I decided on interpretive couples, but im not sure what it involves?

Can it be a girl/girl couple? or does it have to be a guy? I am currently working on my silver interpretive.. so does that mean my partner has to be too?

Could anyone explain this to me?

Thanks.

In the UK I believe it can be same or opposite.

Mrs Redboots
07-14-2006, 03:01 AM
It does very from competition to competition, so be very sure that you check the requirements - don't rely on your coach or your mother or anybody else to check it for you, READ IT FOR YOURSELF!

If it's part of SkateCanada's test structure, again, READ THE REQUIREMENTS.

Justine_R
07-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Thanks Annabel, I've looked everywhere to find some rules/requirements for this on SkateCanada, but I can't find them anywhere, does anyone have a fast link?

Thanks.

skatersmama
07-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Thanks Annabel, I've looked everywhere to find some rules/requirements for this on SkateCanada, but I can't find them anywhere, does anyone have a fast link?

Thanks.

Have you tried the members only section on the Skate Canada website? I haven't heard of Interpretive Couples.

skating_babe11
07-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Ive never heard or interpretive couples! Sounds interesting though! I think that you have to enter in the highest level of the partnership. So if you are on silver and your partner is on bronze you would have to enter in silver. But anyways good luck with that. Sounds like it will be fun!

slusher
07-14-2006, 06:06 PM
my friend did interpretive couples, with a guy. She had already her silver interpretives singles test, her partner his gold. Together as a couple they started at the beginning and tested their introductory interpretive pairs. They got their silver test eventually.

It was fun. I'd never seen one done before. the problem is that there is no competition, so actually test levels probably won't matter for a while because they'll combine everyone into one category.

It can be boy/girl, girl/girl or boy/boy.

Edited to add: This was Canada.

SDFanatic
07-14-2006, 09:43 PM
It can be boy/girl, girl/girl or boy/boy.

What about girl/boy?

Steven

Mrs Redboots
07-15-2006, 05:48 AM
What about girl/boy?

StevenThat too!

Interpretive Couples is fun - go for it!

SDFanatic
07-15-2006, 10:08 AM
That too!

Interpretive Couples is fun - go for it!

Been there, done that, got the medal to prove it!

Steven

Justine_R
07-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Thanks guys for the help!

Alls I need now is a partner, is there a website for these kind of things? haha.

Thanks.

Mrs Redboots
07-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Thanks guys for the help!

Alls I need now is a partner, is there a website for these kind of things? haha.

Thanks.Since it's just for fun, why not ask around at your rink and see whether one of the other skaters there would be interested in teaming up, maybe only for one competition.....

Justine_R
07-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Since it's just for fun, why not ask around at your rink and see whether one of the other skaters there would be interested in teaming up, maybe only for one competition.....

I've tried teaming up with a girl before and it just hasn't worked, my bestfriend who skates who is a guy is at my level and were on each others session 3 times a week, and I asked him but I didn't know much about it and he said he didn't really want to do it if it meant him skating more than he already had to.. So im not sure, I really would like to skate with him but oh well... so advertising on IPS wouldn't be a good idea??

Thanks.

Raye
07-15-2006, 08:55 PM
They had Interpretive Pairs at this years Western Regional Adult Challenge in Edmonton this past February. There were both similar and mixed pairs. (one category, against each other) It looked like fun and I would love to do this category too. What part of Canada are you from?

Justine_R
07-16-2006, 11:05 AM
They had Interpretive Pairs at this years Western Regional Adult Challenge in Edmonton this past February. There were both similar and mixed pairs. (one category, against each other) It looked like fun and I would love to do this category too. What part of Canada are you from?

It looks like awesome fun! Hopefully I find a partner soon, and im from Ontario.