View Full Version : any beginners tutorial websites?

ouijaouija
07-13-2006, 05:46 AM
Hi, for some reason I cannot find barely any good websites telling me how to do the basics, does anyone know any?

WHat basic things should I be doing?

Mrs Redboots
07-13-2006, 06:07 AM
Employing a teacher is a very good start!

However, check here (http://home.pacbell.net/anamga/intro.html#Basic%20Skating) to find some descriptions of basic skills.

ouijaouija
07-13-2006, 01:46 PM
Hi

Thanks.

I am to have my first tuition of 30 mintues for $25 one on one tuition, I plan on doing this every week!

Mrs Redboots
07-14-2006, 02:47 AM
I am to have my first tuition of 30 mintues for $25 one on one tuition, I plan on doing this every week!:?::?::?: I thought you were in the UK? Or are you visiting the USA right now....

DallasSkater
07-14-2006, 07:28 AM
Ouijaouija: If you do find some I would love it if you would post the sites. I think it would be so helpful. There are times that I cover things in class or my lesson but can't quite remember how to do it later in practice. Would be nice to have it spelled out. I do benefit from watching my coach first do what is expected of me. But I have noticed that I seem to be a verbal learner and it is actually more helpful to have it described to me.

Wonder if there are books out there that might describe the skills technique in doing rather than just a description of what the skill is.

ouijaouija
07-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Hi, yeh I'm in the UK, but I just chose $ because I assumed most people here are from over the pond?

This is the only decent website I found, it has a few videos and audio description of how to do the actions.

http://www.usma.edu/dpe/courses/IceSkating/FlashSite/02index.htm

Mrs Redboots
07-15-2006, 05:31 AM
Hi, yeh I'm in the UK, but I just chose $ because I assumed most people here are from over the pond?I suppose a majority are, but there are a great many Australians, Canadians, British and other countries represented here, too! That's one of the joys of skating - you make friends from all over the world!