View Full Version : Any Ideas?

skating_babe11
07-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Hey everyone.

Does anyone have any ideas for me on what to be/ skate to for an interpretive. I have already done a cowgirl, egyptian, and skated to a josh groban song. This will be my last one since it is gold but i can not think of anything to be/skate to!

If anyone could help me out that would be great!

Thanks

Mrs Redboots
07-08-2006, 04:53 AM
I would really love to skate to Anthem from Chess. But no way could I do it justice. Alternatively - and I'm wondering whether it's worth getting hold of the music and really giving it a go, but probably not - Mein Herr from Cabaret.

CFP
07-08-2006, 06:33 AM
beasite boys!!:P

russiet
07-08-2006, 06:46 AM
The Talking Heads

doubletoe
07-08-2006, 01:41 PM
What are your strongest moves on the ice? What kind of music to you skate best to? That can be a starting point for deciding what kind of music would best show off your skating style. . .

skating_babe11
07-08-2006, 04:33 PM
i think i can skate to anything .. i like slow stuff and up beat stuff! im just got sure what to go for!

something fun possibly

icedancer2
07-08-2006, 07:04 PM
After spending the day watching interpretive programs, I think it is really important that the judges understand what it is that you are trying to convey. You need to choose music that appeals to your age group AND the older age group which most judges are a member of. If I don't know the music, I don't understand what you are trying to convey and I feel kind of lost. It's hard to hear the words over the loudspeakers and so if I don't already know the piece, it is pretty impossible to tell what is going on.

Talk to your coaches. They should have some pretty good ideas for you.

Candlestick
07-08-2006, 07:34 PM
After spending the day watching interpretive programs, I think it is really important that the judges understand what it is that you are trying to convey. You need to choose music that appeals to your age group AND the older age group which most judges are a member of.

Michael Jackson?

icedancer2
07-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Michael Jackson?

Yeah, that's cool. Recognizable and fun!!

WhisperSung
07-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Yes, definitely echoing what that person said above; make sure the judges will know what you're doing. I did this really neat program to gladiator music right after the movie came out. I started the program with my arms tied (er, velcroed) together and did things like a back spin, axel, and hydroplane and then opened my arms during a layback spin. The judges seemed to have no idea what I was doing, but the father of the winner (who skated to Pollyanna :roll: ) came up to me after the event and told me that my "program was cool". At least someone got it. ;)

doubletoe
07-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Another question to get you thinking. . . Is there anyone you already sort of look like? For example, a woman I know has a slender, athletic build and short blonde hair and she did a perfect interpretive program as Peter Pan.

skating_babe11
07-10-2006, 06:54 PM
yeah micheal jackson is a great idea!
but the only thing is that a girl in my club did micheal jackson just last year. so i maybe want to do something different.

VegasGirl
07-11-2006, 06:52 AM
A girl at my old club in Vegas did a biker routine one time that was really fun! Can't remember what song she skated to but I'd imagine it was Easy Rider or something like that... any way... she wore black pants, a Harley leather jacket and biker cap and as prop used motorcycle handle bars and a Harley hog... it was a hoot!

Or how about a pirate theme, with Pirates of the Carribean 2 fresh on everyone's mind?

And I still love our alley cat routine to "Stray Cat Strut"... :)

skating_babe11
07-11-2006, 11:29 AM
thanks for the ideas everyone!

ill have to download some music and see what i can find for them ideas

Keep em come! lol

Emberchyld
07-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Anything by Megan McCauley is amazing (she's on the Fantastic Four and Elektra soundtracks)-- that and music by Full Blown Rose (they did the title song for Tru Calling) usually get nixed by by dance teacher for jazz, but she usually asks to borrow the music for her lyrical classes.

Aslyn (Album: Lemon Love) also has some great songs: "Be the Girl" is a strong "girl power" theme and "Wally" could even be skated to in a cute 1940's USO outfit (but it's really sad...).

icenut84
07-11-2006, 04:33 PM
What about your dancing abilities? I mean, do you take any dance classes? If so, what's your strongest? Ballet? Jazz? Street dance? Tap? If you have any strengths like that, use them in your programme, and try taking dance moves and converting them for the ice with the music of a similar theme. It could make for a pretty good routine.

You could also try dressing up as a famous film character and using that film's soundtrack, or something like that.