View Full Version : Greetings from Austria!

MusicSkateFan
07-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Well I arrived in Graz, Austria today. The weather is beautiful! 80 and low humidity! I have a few days until the Orchestra's first rehearsals. My knee survived the trip. I will be using the dormatory gym to continue my rehabilitation. I will now stop using these short, choppy sentences and report back when I have more to say!

Auf ....

Terri C
07-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Hey, whatever happened to that Arnie phrase "I WILL BE BAACCK"
Take care of that knee and have fun!

dcden
07-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Es wird nicht so viel Spaß machen, du nicht hier an dem Eis zu sein. Schreib hier am skatingforums oft, und mach deinen Knie besser fuer September. Tanz nicht so stark am "Angel", wenn du dort gehst.

Ich hoffe, daß du nicht zu bald geschlafen hast, bis es Schlafzeit war.

skaternum
07-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Schreib hier am skatingforums oft, und mach deinen Knie besser fuer September. (and a whole bunch of German snipped)
Du hast leicht reden. :)

Abgemacht! MSF, bitte, schreib hier oft!!

jazzpants
07-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Hey, whatever happened to that Arnie phrase "I WILL BE BAACCK"
Take care of that knee and have fun!It went over here to California as well as the "Governator"!!! :P :lol:

MSF: Have a wonderful time in Austria! Keep in touch here. I don't mind hearing about the orchestra stuff either. I was a musician in a former life... and missed going thru that experience. :D Take care of the knee!!!

Debbie S
07-05-2006, 01:44 PM
Have a great summer, MSF! Enjoy the weather! (today here it's hot, humid, and rainy) Have fun playing with the orchestra and be good to the knee. See you in the fall (Halloween Classic? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you). :)

My friend's pairs partner is having knee surgery soon - so I've got lots of fingers crossed lately - lol.

Sonic
07-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Du hast leicht reden. :)

Abgemacht! MSF, bitte, schreib hier oft!!

Ich finde es toll, dass es leute hier geben, die deutsch sprechen.

Wie ihr wahrscheinlich gemerkt habt, ich habe nicht seit langem geuebt, weil ich heutzutagen sehr wenig gelegenheit dazu habe, es zu sprechen. :cry:

MfG, S xxx (verueckte Englaenderin mit verletztem Fuss)

dcden
07-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Ha Ha Sonic! Du sprichst besser Deutsch als ich! Ich habe oft "Langsam bitte!" oder "Ich kenne nur ein bisschen Deutsch" gesagt, wenn ich mit Deutscher unterhalten habe. Vielleicht MusicSkateFan braucht nicht diese Phrasen? Ich weiss nicht...

Also... MusicSkateFan, viel Glueck, schoene Musik zu machen!

MusicSkateFan
07-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks for All the responses. It is going to be a fun summer. I had a very good workout last night on the stationary bike and also began training upper body again. I finished with some good stretches and was able to get some good extension through the right knee.

Friday will be a day of personal practice. It looks like rain today so I am sure I will be back on the bike again!

Auf Wiedersehen!

Isk8NYC
07-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Ich habe oft "Langsam bitte!" oder "Ich kenne nur ein bisschen Deutsch" gesagt, wenn ich mit Deutscher unterhalten habe. Ich auch! Aber, es machts nichts - alles est gute spasse, ja? Ich habe keine leute zum Deutsch angesprechen (oder schreiben) so es ist nicht sehr gut. (Mein freunden sagt dass ich spreche "plottdeutsch.")

MSF - Machen sie zuviel frohliche musik!

MusicSkateFan
07-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Well I am off of the cane and doing well. I have been able to stationary bike and get back to some more serious upper body weight training. I am working on flexibility in my knee and it is getting better. I notice improvements pretty daily so that is good. My right leg has lost quite a bit of muscle tone so I am now doing leg extensions and leg curls to build it back up.

The festival here is going well. We have our opening performance tomorrow for the Governor of Styria (a state in Austria) along with the Mayor of Graz. We will have a reception at the beautiful Schloss Eggenberg tomorrow evening with everyone in the festival wearing formal attire. Local Styrian wines and Austrian beer will be flowing freely. Many of us will continue the party at a couple of local clubs!

Sunday will be an important mass and brunch to honor our Maestro who will be retiring on Thursday night. I will be playing principal clarinet for his final piece which will be various portions of Richard Strauss' Der Rosenkavalier.

Auf Wiedersehen!

Mrs Redboots
07-15-2006, 05:34 AM
Well I am off of the cane and doing well. I have been able to stationary bike and get back to some more serious upper body weight training. I am working on flexibility in my knee and it is getting better. I notice improvements pretty daily so that is good. My right leg has lost quite a bit of muscle tone so I am now doing leg extensions and leg curls to build it back up. Oh, excellent! I mean, that you are back on the stationary bike and beginning to build up muscle. Do you reckon you'll be ready to get back on the ice when you get home again?

The festival here is going well. We have our opening performance tomorrow for the Governor of Styria (a state in Austria) along with the Mayor of Graz. We will have a reception at the beautiful Schloss Eggenberg tomorrow evening with everyone in the festival wearing formal attire. Local Styrian wines and Austrian beer will be flowing freely. Many of us will continue the party at a couple of local clubs!I hope you will have had a fabulous time! We are going to Vienna in October, probably; we know Salzburg quite well now, but have only been to Vienna once before. So am greatly looking forward to it!

Sunday will be an important mass and brunch to honor our Maestro who will be retiring on Thursday night. I will be playing principal clarinet for his final piece which will be various portions of Richard Strauss' Der Rosenkavalier.

Auf Wiedersehen!And very nice, too! Again, I hope it will have gone well.