View Full Version : Landed My Axel!!!

rf3ray
07-04-2006, 05:32 AM
Landed my axel three times today!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS AWESOME!!

AlissaCzisnyFan
07-04-2006, 06:01 AM
yay! :D
congrats!

NickiT
07-04-2006, 06:01 AM
Yay :) That's great news. Congratulations!

Nicki

Mrs Redboots
07-04-2006, 08:19 AM
Landed my axel three times today!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS AWESOME!!

Brilliant! I'm delighted to hear it. May they be the first three of many.

badaxel
07-04-2006, 10:50 AM
Congratulations! Do you have any tips?

mikawendy
07-04-2006, 11:40 AM
Congratulations!!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Did you figure out what it was that was keeping you from landing it on ice? IIRC, I think you posted on FSU or maybe here that you could land it off ice just fine but were having trouble with landing it on ice? The video of you doing it off ice looked really nice.

lovepairs
07-04-2006, 12:20 PM
What does it feel like?

Sonic
07-04-2006, 12:29 PM
Wow! Good for you rf3ray - landing it 3 times means it's no fluke.

S xx

vesperholly
07-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Congrats! I anxiously await the video! :lol:

samba
07-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Well done, I'm still praying for a lutz, but a axel is out of the question.

froggy
07-04-2006, 04:05 PM
good for you! wishing you many more happy take offs and solid landings :o)

rf3ray
07-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Its weird cause for the last 2 - 3 weeks I was landing them OFF ICE really badly and then the last 2 days before I landed my axel, my OFF ICE axel jumps just came back perfectly. I think when I was doing them before I was trying to hard and thinking to hard about it. But the main tip my coach has given me is to follow the right arm with the leg passing through at the same time whilst I am in the air, and try to lead into the jump with having the left shoulder in front and not having both shoulders in front when I jump. Also he said to have a little glide before I jump into the axel. and Also he said try to jump outside of the circle if that helps

Congratulations!!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Did you figure out what it was that was keeping you from landing it on ice? IIRC, I think you posted on FSU or maybe here that you could land it off ice just fine but were having trouble with landing it on ice? The video of you doing it off ice looked really nice.

flo
07-05-2006, 08:34 AM
Congrats! enjoy.

doubletoe
07-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Its weird cause for the last 2 - 3 weeks I was landing them OFF ICE really badly and then the last 2 days before I landed my axel, my OFF ICE axel jumps just came back perfectly. I think when I was doing them before I was trying to hard and thinking to hard about it. But the main tip my coach has given me is to follow the right arm with the leg passing through at the same time whilst I am in the air, and try to lead into the jump with having the left shoulder in front and not having both shoulders in front when I jump. Also he said to have a little glide before I jump into the axel. and Also he said try to jump outside of the circle if that helps

That's fantastic! :D
I'll never forget the day I landed my first axel. It's a breakthrough to a whole new world of multi-revolution jumps!
Now don't forget all those great pointers your coach gave you, because the axel is a slippery creature that tends to leave whenever it wants and only come back when you figure out exactly why it left! ;)