View Full Version : Wollman Rink, Adult Skating Academy, NYC

looplover
07-02-2006, 08:06 AM
I am ever so slightly toying with the idea of moving back to NYC.

I was just looking at the Wollman site and I see that for $850 you get a weekly lesson, freestyles and public sessions for the season (I think for the season).

It seems like an amazingly good deal and I guess I'm so used to thinking that NYC is more expensive....so too good to be true, right? Does it really mean unlimited freestyles and publics?

I guess the catch is that it could be raining or snowing during your lesson or practice?

Anyway I love the idea of one big fee up front (hope I could swing it) and I'd skate all the time if this were the case. :D

HelenC
07-02-2006, 09:18 PM
I skated this past season at Wollman Central Park once a week with a synchro group. Some of the women on the team belong to the Academy and they think it's a great deal. Yes, the fee includes all freestyle and public sessions.

The season is end of Oct to early April. There were days when ice was not available because of heavy rain or snow.

The rink is huge- about twice the size of most rinks, and shaped like a trapazoid. The surroundings are beautiful and I love skating there.