View Full Version : PSA skating tapes

newskaker5
06-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Does the move in the field dvd include the adult testing moves or just standard track?
http://www.skatepsa.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=106

newskaker5
06-30-2006, 07:46 PM
sorry i meant this tape not the book: http://www.skatepsa.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=41_43&products_id=54

But does the book include adult moves as well?

WhisperSung
06-30-2006, 09:10 PM
It's been a really long time since I've seen the moves tapes, but when I watched them, no, they didn't have adult MitF. They just had the standard tests.

But, the majority of adult moves are in the standard track tests (except for that new pre-bronze move and the silver spiral sequence), if that helps at all.

Debbie S
06-30-2006, 09:20 PM
Yes, the tapes only have the moves ordered by their standard track test, which means you have to fast forward between tests. And no Pre-Bronze 3-turn pattern (I'm hopeful they'll come up with an updated version and add it in). However, the Silver spiral sequence is included on the video - it's the Pre-Preliminary spiral pattern.

WhisperSung
06-30-2006, 09:25 PM
Yes, the tapes only have the moves ordered by their standard track test, which means you have to fast forward between tests. And no Pre-Bronze 3-turn pattern (I'm hopeful they'll come up with an updated version and add it in). However, the Silver spiral sequence is included on the video - it's the Pre-Preliminary spiral pattern.

Re: spirals - really? I honestly don't remember doing a spiral sequence in pre-preliminary (the silver one is just a straight line spiral where you change feet half-way through, right?).

I remember the preliminary outside and inside edge spirals. I just recently looked over the notes on my passing test forms, and they mentioned my slightly bent knee. . .which is an issue I'm having with Novice spirals now. . .the past has come back to haunt me! :??

Debbie S
06-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Re: spirals - really? I honestly don't remember doing a spiral sequence in pre-preliminary (the silver one is just a straight line spiral where you change feet half-way through, right?). Depending on when you took Pre-Prelim, you may not have had to do the spiral sequence. I think that was added in after the test was created - not sure when, maybe late 90s? But I have heard that originally, the test did not have a spiral sequence.

newskaker5
06-30-2006, 09:49 PM
Thank you! Is there any book I can buy with detailed info on the adult specific tests as well?

techskater
07-01-2006, 05:24 AM
No. If you read your rulebook, it will tell you what the focus for each move is for the standard and adult track. The patterns are the same whether adult or standard track.