View Full Version : Skates????

kidskater101
06-27-2006, 07:56 PM
I am gettin new skates, but am not sure if the ones I am getting are "ok"... I don't know my mom wants me to do this to see what other people have to see whic is most popular and what I should get instead of my Jackson Freestlye. So, tell me what skates you think would be best 4 me and what you have! Thanks!
Um. let me tell you about me skating, I am good, can land jumps, and can do spins, I am taking (private or semi (one other person)) lessons in summer(mabe) but (deffenatly in the winter(need a brake))
So tell me what you have!:bow:

crazi4sk-8-ting
06-27-2006, 08:33 PM
:?? :?? :??

gt20001
06-27-2006, 08:53 PM
People cant tell you what would be appropriate without knowing your age size weight, and what type of jumps you are landing ie half jumps single jumps, axles, doubles, triples. All of this can make a difference and you dont want more boot than you need. If you are small and only doing singles the jackson freestyle or competitior is all you probably need. Trust me the elites would be too much for you i got them and i weigh 155 and they broke me in i never broke them in and they injured me along the way. Now i am using the hinged skates they are great but very expensive. I dont know much about boots other than jackson but competitior is probably the stiffest you would need if you are doing single jumps and maybe even beginning doubles especially if you are small. make sure not to get too much boot i spent alot of time off ice due to boot related injuries which hasnt happened and is healing since in my new skates.

stardust skies
06-27-2006, 11:15 PM
Um. let me tell you about me skating, I am good.

Ya might wanna learn to define your level of skill more by what jumps and spins you can land rather than this statement. ;) It would help people figure out what sort of strength in boots you need better.

Also, what is "most popular" has absolutely NO bearing on what will be right for you. Ask your mom to take you to a good pro shop (your private coach should be able to point you to one) and try on as many brands and models of boots as they have. Go from there.

Mrs Redboots
06-28-2006, 07:54 AM
Um. let me tell you about me skating, I am good,What test level are you?

But even if we knew, we couldn't recommend a boot for you, as we don't know what boot will fit you, what you will find comfortable, what level of boot you are used to and whether you need to upgrade......

Ask your coach where to go to be fitted.