View Full Version : What is your biggest skating moment ever?

pWnzOrz x
06-25-2006, 04:32 PM
i'll post mine after i hear other people reply...

lovepairs
06-25-2006, 07:01 PM
I don't think it happened, yet. 8O :roll: :P

cutiesk8r43
06-25-2006, 07:21 PM
well my biggest skating moment for now until a better one comes is when i landed an axel in competiton for the first time. i was so happy i was smiling the whole entire time.:D
~Cutie;)

Skate@Delaware
06-25-2006, 07:41 PM
My first waltz jump away from the wall!!!!!

VegasGirl
06-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Placing first in my artistic program at the ISI Adult Champs beating out the gal that beat me in the FS1 category.

jazzpants
06-25-2006, 09:46 PM
I think it's a tie between winning my event at Skate FS last November and making my debut at Pacific Coast Sectionals! It's one of those experience that you just have to try once when they come to you...

But I think the biggest moment is to come... ;)

TimDavidSkate
06-25-2006, 10:26 PM
It was in 2000 & skated a clean program for the first time & Princeton Open ~ & it happened for the rest of the season.

Since then, I hit a lot of rough inconsistent patches. I didnt regain my zone until Halloween Classic last year :halo:

icedancer2
06-25-2006, 10:30 PM
I took the Willow Waltz with Tim Wood.

A couple of years later he was National Champion, Olympic Silver Medalist and World Champion a couple of times (in singles).

My skating claim to fame... 8-)

starskate6.0
06-25-2006, 10:56 PM
8O ... My First Back Flip on Tour Disney on Ice 1989 ..8O Scared the crap out of me.... but I had a few good beers that night...:lol:

Skate@Delaware
06-26-2006, 07:03 AM
8O ... My First Back Flip on Tour Disney on Ice 1989 ..8O Scared the crap out of me.... but I had a few good beers that night...:lol:
Before or after the backflip?

Rusty Blades
06-26-2006, 08:21 AM
What is your biggest skating moment ever?

I'm with lovepairs - hasn't happened yet. Each little victory (in learning to skate all over again) is sweeter than the last.

Summerkid710
06-26-2006, 09:32 AM
It was a FS5 Compulsories event when I was like 12 and I had a terrible axel at that point (skid, inconsistent). I did the best camel-sit spin in my entire life. It was a double panel and I could see the other girl had finished her sit spin while I was still holding my camel spin. Then she had to stand there (before we had the whole compulsory program thing) while I finished my sit and scratch spin. Even with my gimpy axel, I won the event basically on the camel sit spin. I was never much of a jumper and to get the credit for the spin made me feel great.

TreSk8sAZ
06-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Well, so far it's my silver medal this year at my first Adult Nationals (especially since I didn't even think I'd place!) But there have been many moments, each garnering their own glow of accomplishment and pride. Landing my double loop for the first time, double lutz for the first time, getting more than two revs on a backspin... they all hold meaning for me. But I'm sure there will be plenty more as I keep skating... Because the biggest probably hasn't happened yet!

Mel On Ice
06-26-2006, 11:10 AM
winning my freestyle event at Adult Champs a few years ago

clean programs at this year and last year's AN

wins at the Synchro Champs

Sk8pdx
06-26-2006, 12:06 PM
I don't think it happened, yet. 8O :roll: :P

"Pairs magic" ;)

flo
06-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Hmmm...

Skating master's pairs at AN to a standing room only crowd, not being able to hear the music over the applause and winning silver.

After skating my Adagio for Strings program at Nats. I felt like I had all the time in the world, and loved it. I couldn't wait to go out and do it again for finals.

Skating my time program for a great AN crowd, and really enjoying it!

There's a quote by John Curry in his book. Beneath a photo of him he explains that it was his favorite photo because it he remembered how he felt at that moment, and the photo captured it.

Sonic
06-26-2006, 12:40 PM
...winning my first competition despite almost two-footing a jump and spectacular trip right at the end.:mrgreen:

I'm with others tho....best skating moment definitely yet to come (I hope!)

S xxx

lovepairs
06-26-2006, 01:30 PM
Hi Sk8pdx,

You are absolutely right: "Pairs Magic!" ;)

doubletoe
06-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Looking at the monitor after final round at Adult Nationals and seeing my name in first place! I just started bouncing up and down and couldn't stop, LOL!

jshbo724
06-26-2006, 03:42 PM
So far, it was landing my axel on the harness last Saturday. It was my first lesson on the axel, and at the end, the last 2 I tried were perfect!! It felt so great to learn this jump, and I literally felt like I was flying, LOL. I was SOOO excited, me and my coach were both screaming, haha. Like everyone else, I definitely know my biggest moment has yet to come.

~Jess

starskate6.0
06-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Before or after the backflip?
The beer was after the jump in those day's, Iv concidered doing it again but every time I do I start to shake and feel sick so I guess If I did it again Id have to have good belt first , :lol: didn't mean to hijack here,:lol:

NCSkater02
06-27-2006, 04:23 PM
So far, the first time I got back on the ice again after I broke my ankle. Even though it hurt like H-E-double hockey sticks, it was both exhilerating and terrifying at the same time.

The next one will be testing. Sometime late this summer, according to my coach. Just have to get Waltz 8, the 3-turn pattern, and back inside edges to standard.