View Full Version : Fell on My Cheek Bone Today

rf3ray
06-25-2006, 04:49 AM
Fell On My Cheek Bone Today, anyone else have weird injuries from skaiting, I just slid sideways on my blade to do this

Mrs Redboots
06-25-2006, 09:11 AM
Oww, poor you. I know someone who knocked themselves into the middle of next week doing that, so how lucky you weren't badly injured!

samba
06-25-2006, 09:33 AM
Fell On My Cheek Bone Today, anyone else have weird injuries from skaiting, I just slid sideways on my blade to do this

Funny you should say that, I had a dance lesson this morning and fell backwards doing a twizzle, my coach grabbed the nearest thing which was my thumb, he did a brilliant job of saving me from crashing down backwards on my head, but my thumb and shoulder arent too happy.

Get well soon

lovepairs
06-25-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm sorry...the check fall sounds bad. I'm in the chin club with 20 stitches having gone right over my toe going into a camel spin with my arms back. Chin hit the ice and it felt like concrete, and I thought I broke my jaw, but didn't, but that's what it felt like. It actually felt just like this: :frus:

It happened around 7:00am in the morning and I was trying out my new red costume at the time. So I had this very sexy red skating dress on with sparkles and jewels with blood pouring down my neck all over the dress. They looked at me funny in the emergancy ward, so I just told them that I was a hooker.

jazzpants
06-25-2006, 02:54 PM
It happened around 7:00am in the morning and I was trying out my new red costume at the time. So I had this very sexy red skating dress on with sparkles and jewels with blood pouring down my neck all over the dress. They looked at me funny in the emergancy ward, so I just told them that I was a hooker.No, you did not!!! Get out of here!!! LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: (That would be my obnoxious response if I was in your situation...)

My bad collision with another skater a year ago ended up with me hitting my face on the ice. My face was swollen like hell and it HURT like hell!!! But lucky, ice pack and time was all I needed. No stitches... but I had to wear heavy amounts of foundation on my face in case of bruise marks... 8O (Didn't want people to think that my husband's been "roughin' me up" and all...LOL!!! :lol: )

lovepairs
06-25-2006, 03:01 PM
No, you did not!!! Get out of here!!! LOL!!! (That would be my obnoxious response if I was in your situation...)

Yea, I thought if I told them I was a figure skater that they would even think I was more out of my mind. The "hooker" explaination was more believable then the figure skating one--you know what I mean?((*$%^&$^^%&^%^

Moreover, they wanted me to take the red dress off right then and there, but I had nottin on underneath--you know what I mean? Hey, I just thought of a new thread "Do you skate Commando?" Should I start it??? LOL!!!

So, in the end, I turned out to be a very shy hooker! The whole thing was so weird, and especially, since the blood matched the dress--you know what I mean? It was like I was color coordinated with my own injury! :roll: 8O :halo: :twisted:

pWnzOrz x
06-25-2006, 04:31 PM
when i first started i fell on a single lutz and hit my chin and passed out woke up half an hour later not knowing where i was...

but i'm 9th in canada atm...so i guess it was worth it...

Mrs Redboots
06-25-2006, 04:47 PM
It happened around 7:00am in the morning and I was trying out my new red costume at the time. So I had this very sexy red skating dress on with sparkles and jewels with blood pouring down my neck all over the dress. They looked at me funny in the emergancy ward, so I just told them that I was a hooker.Well, one of my skating friends slipped and broke her arm when doing a dress-rehearsal for her Artistic programme. She happened to have dressed up as a schoolgirl (I think she was doing something from St Trinians that year), and, apparently, spent a very long time explaining to the staff at the A&E exactly what steps she had been doing in order to fall.....

lovepairs
06-25-2006, 05:11 PM
when i first started i fell on a single lutz and hit my chin and passed out woke up half an hour later not knowing where i was...

You were in OZ, darling...

pWnzOrz x
06-25-2006, 05:23 PM
You were in OZ, darling...

you are pathetic?

Isk8NYC
06-26-2006, 02:12 PM
you are pathetic?No, LovePairs is NOT pathetic. She was making a reference to Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz movie.
If you don't understand a post, just ask nicely for an explanation.

Your reply was reported by a third party as being "strange and mean."
Please refrain from insulting the other members on this Board.

{Edited to add:}
Just saw that you had already been warned by Flippet about your manner, so I'm locking your IDs.

doubletoe
06-26-2006, 02:19 PM
I'm sorry...the check fall sounds bad. I'm in the chin club with 20 stitches having gone right over my toe going into a camel spin with my arms back. Chin hit the ice and it felt like concrete, and I thought I broke my jaw, but didn't, but that's what it felt like. It actually felt just like this: :frus:

It happened around 7:00am in the morning and I was trying out my new red costume at the time. So I had this very sexy red skating dress on with sparkles and jewels with blood pouring down my neck all over the dress. They looked at me funny in the emergancy ward, so I just told them that I was a hooker.

Wow, 20 stitches?! I guess I got off easy! About 2 months ago I caught my blades stepping out forward from back crossovers and fell right onto my chin. Fortunately, I only had to get 4 stitches. If only they had charged that emergency room copayment based on number of stitches instead of a flat rate. . . Sigh.

Terri C
06-26-2006, 07:08 PM
Years ago (the first week my current rink was open) I was attempting to step into a forward scratch spin from a RFI 3 turn. Instead, I stepped forward instead of to the side and hit the toepick and fell face first onto the ice.
I got a niiicce blacked left eye out of it and since I have epilepsy, I had to go to the hospital to get checked out. I also broke my left wrist on the same fall too.

sexyskates
06-26-2006, 08:36 PM
I've done the chin chop also - almost 3 years ago, a clumsy hockey guy fell right at my feet and as I tried to step over him, he tripped me with his foot. So I fell forward over him, trying to keep my head up but had too much forward- downward momentum and clopped my chin on the ice. I knew it would be a blood bath so I cupped my chin in my gloves and left the ice cursing, put on a butterfly bandage, and went to the ER in my skating dress. They called in a plastic surgeon (hey, this is New York), who spent 45 minutes putting in a 3 layer closure because I had even split the membrane over the bone! It hurt so much I could hardly eat for a week.
Any wound on the head bleeds like crazy and hurts like hell. My condolences to your cheek bruise.

looplover
06-26-2006, 08:39 PM
I fell on my chin once too as a kid...was trying to show off for the cute hockey guy from my school and thought I would do the perfect spiral, meanwhile I fell right on my chin and though I did get his attention, it just wasn't worth it...

My orthopedist who I saw for my shoulder fracture plays hockey at my rink. He told me he thinks figure skaters are nuts - he and his guys wear padding on the ice, we hurl ourselves to the ice with no padding.

Yeah, but, it's fun when we're not breaking stuff.:P