View Full Version : Help with painful instep please

Jobee
06-23-2006, 02:00 PM
My boots are not new but I have recently started skating after several years away. The boots feel ok when i put them on but within ten minutes on the ice i get terrible pain under my foot in my instep. It gets worse and worse until i have to leave the ice after half an hour and its ruining my sessions. I dont think the boots are too tight.

Has anyone any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks everyone.
Jo

Isk8NYC
06-24-2006, 07:07 AM
Moved this from "Gen Chat" to "On Ice."

Sounds like foot cramps from too-narrow skates. You feet may have "spread" while you were away from skating, or the skate leather may have shrunk a bit. Ask the pro shop or shoe repair place to stretch the skates overnight.

NickiT
06-24-2006, 09:14 AM
I get this if I tie my laces too tight so I agree, it's definitely a "tightness" issue - either your boots are too tight or you overdid the lacing. I suggest you try again and don't tie your laces so tight. If the problem persists it may be that your feet have changed and your boots are no longer a good fit. May well be a case of having them stretched.

Nicki

AndreaUK
06-24-2006, 01:27 PM
I find I sometimes have this problem even though my boots are very comfortable. I get this in my left foot mostly however it pain is becoming less. I put it down to the fact that I was new to the ice and putting more work and pressure onto my feet than I have ever done before. I feel that my body is getting used to it now hence the problem not being as bad.

Could it be the tightness of your boots? or could it be a bit of strain?

Andrea xx

TashaKat
06-24-2006, 01:41 PM
I used to get this badly with Risports. Even if I had them loose I got mega pain in my insteps. I finally figured out that they were a too narrow for me, not narrow enough to be uncomfortable when I tried them on and put them on but enough to cause me all kinds of problems when I tried to skate.

Harlicks solved the problem!