View Full Version : Scottish Dancing

Mrs Redboots
09-01-2002, 04:35 PM
I had been in the throes of knitting a little black bolero top to attach the plaid to, but, looking at these photos I don't think I need. What do you think?

http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/Photos/Jpegs/Freedance1.jpg

Oh bother, I should have posted a poll.....

Azlynn
09-01-2002, 04:59 PM
I don't think you need to at all, it looks fantastic. The skirt is a perfect length on you, looks wonderful.

lisabelle
09-01-2002, 06:19 PM
no, i think it looks good how it is. very authentic. do you dance?

rinsk
09-01-2002, 09:48 PM
Looks great as it is.

serpentine
09-01-2002, 10:19 PM
very tasteful, suits the theme, appears to show up well on the ice! what more can you ask for? :D

dbny
09-02-2002, 09:23 AM
Looks great, as do you. Nothing more needed.

Poll results:
No bolero top 100%
Bolero top 0%

TashaKat
09-02-2002, 12:33 PM
Woah Annabel! You have lost a serious amount of weight .... you're looking great :D

I like it as it is, a bolero would detract from the sash (if that's what it is called :oops: )

L x

Mrs Redboots
09-02-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by TashaKat
Woah Annabel! You have lost a serious amount of weight .... you're looking great :D

Actually, Lynne, that picture was taken on the Friday of Bracknell, so I hadn't actually lost any weight since the previous day, which was the last time we saw each other!!! :-) But thank you, anyway.

I like it as it is, a bolero would detract from the sash (if that's what it is called :oops: )

L x [/B] I think I do, too. I shall finish making the bolero now I've started it, though.

Thanks for all your input, everyone!

TashaKat
09-03-2002, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Mrs Redboots
Actually, Lynne, that picture was taken on the Friday of Bracknell, so I hadn't actually lost any weight since the previous day, which was the last time we saw each other!!! :-) But thank you, anyway.

Well, the weight loss definitely shows there! I knew when I met you that you'd lost weight but that pic really does you justice :)

Patsy
09-05-2002, 12:36 PM
The bolero would be nice as a background for the plaid, but certainly not necessary. Great costume!

flo
09-05-2002, 12:43 PM
You look great. You could always wear the bolero for your warm up. I usually make/dye a coordinating jacket/sweater for the warm up and all that standing around.

melanieuk
09-07-2002, 05:33 PM
http://mscda.tripod.com/eagan1.gif

A little waistcoat would accentuate your figure even more?
No sash though......

Just an idea. ;)

Mrs Redboots
09-09-2002, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by melanieuk
A little waistcoat would accentuate your figure even more?
No sash though......

Just an idea. ;) I might do that, if I finish knitting it in time! Mind you, they have some rather nice waistcoats in Next, I saw this morning, very tempting......