View Full Version : stupid blades

shellabelly
06-21-2006, 10:39 PM
i just recently broke my wrist ice skating.
it was friday night & i REALLY wanted to wear my sisters over-the-boot tights. she wouldn't and i cried and cried forever and finally i said i wasn't going. my mom told her to just give them to me so we could leave. so around 7:30pm my sister and cousin needed to go to the bathroom. i didn't want to skate alone because i was at public skate and there was SO many people there. so i skate towards the door and i see a boy coming onto the ice, so i attempt to stop but instead i fall because my skates aren't sharp.. at all. (silly me) i fall on my left wrist and hit my head on the wall. i notice my head first and then i feel a pain in my wrist. i get up and the gaurds are just staring at me, only say "are you alright?" i said "i think" and run off to find my sister who didn't even stop when i fell. i yell at her to get over here and she gets all mad and yells at me. i'm sitting there, holding my arm because it hurts to move it. i wiggle my fingers and try to let go of my arm, but it's heavy. some lady is sitting right across from me and doesn't say a word. i go into the bathroom and look at myself. i'm all sweaty and wearing my skating dress and a jacket. i got back into the ice rink after i tell my cousin and sister that i think my wrist is broken, but i hope that it's not because there's an ice show coming up in a few weeks. after waiting to see if it's alright so i can go skate again, i go and call my mom from the front desk. no one asks if i'm alright or help me in any way. they don't even open the door so i can go outside to wait for my mom. when mom gets there she's mad because she just got her dinner and she's yelling at me and i'm crying because i finally realize how much it hurts. we get home and she insists it's not broken and she says this exactly "let me eat first, then we'll see if you need to go to the hospital." my mom isn't a bad mom, i love her. she was just tired and hungry.. i think? so after she eats she takes my skates off and goes to pick up my sister and cousin and calls the skating rink and yells at them for not helping me or doing anything about it. then she calls the doctor and finally i get to go to the hospital. i broke my wrist, just like i thought. they wrap the thing WAAAAAAY too tight. so it hurts worse. it's so tight that my fingers have bruises and they're blue and purple.
& when i get the thing off, i have marks from the little wrap. i got a purple cast. and it's finally off! yay.

****WOW this was a really long post. but i just wanted to tell everyone. haha

dbny
06-21-2006, 11:19 PM
Hi Shelby. Sorry to hear you broke your wrist skating and glad to hear that the cast is off.

When your arm was first wrapped, your fingers were not bruised from the wrapping being too tight. Bruises and swelling are a natural result of fractures. Are you back on the ice now?

samba
06-22-2006, 12:32 AM
Poor Shellby, this sounds like a typical situation from the TV comedy Malcolm in the Middle, only it wasnt very funny for you :cry: , I do hope you are much much better and that everyone else is very very sorry. Crying to get your own way is probably where it went wrong, when people cry for the silly things no one takes notice of the big things.

NickiT
06-22-2006, 02:56 AM
Sorry to hear about your broken wrist. I'm glad it's better now. It's bad that nobody helped you in the beginning. That would make me really cross. I broke my wrist on the ice last year. I nearly had a purple cast but opted for a blue one instead!

Nicki

shellabelly
06-22-2006, 06:50 AM
i could never stop skating! i still did the ice show & stopped lessons and private lessons. thankfully the rink was closed for a while for remodeling so i had time to recover. i actually have my first private lesson today! (not my first, first.. but the first one since i broke my wrist!) i'm really excited!

NickiT
06-22-2006, 07:58 AM
i could never stop skating! i still did the ice show & stopped lessons and private lessons. thankfully the rink was closed for a while for remodeling so i had time to recover. i actually have my first private lesson today! i'm really excited!

Good luck with your first private lesson. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Nicki