View Full Version : Disney on Ice for Adults.

starskate6.0
06-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Hi Crew

As most of you will know i spent 7 wonderful years touring with the Mouse and friends around the world. Some of you have asked about the Show and who to contact.. I have the information if your still interested. just shoot me an e-mail at starsk860@yahoo.com. I can't publish that stuff on a public site.. but Ill be happy to send you some info, contacts and insite as to what is required..:D

sskates
06-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Hello,
I'm generally just a lurker on skate forums, but I saw your post and decided to respond. Actually, I tried to email you, but it didn't go through for some reason -- got send back to me.

Anyway, I posted something about trying out for Disney way back in january, I think. To make a long story short, I decided to stick out and try to pass my last USFSA tests and then go for it, and now I'm at that point where i'm seriously ready to go on tour, if they'll take me, so I would love to have any information you could give me.

About me, I'm 24, have the USFSA junior freeskate, senior moves, and am testing senior free at the end of this month. I just sent a resume and photos to Disney on ice, which they have to have received by now, but they have not responded...would it be okay to email and ask if they've received it? I don't know if that is appropriate. I also know a couple of friends who did Disney, and have heard that knowing people can help you get a foot in the door. Would it be a good idea to use them as contacts? Again, I would love to hear any tips you can give me about what they are looking for and how to get my foot in the door. (And also any fun stories you have.) Thank you so much in advance!

I will PM you my email address, since I know you can't post contact stuff here. Thanks!

starskate6.0
06-20-2006, 06:54 PM
sorry about that Iv corrected the E-mail address now. :)

lovepairs
06-22-2006, 07:33 PM
If I go with Disney, will they let me be Sheherazade?

Rusty Blades
06-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Disney on Ice for Adults.

*** Dianne smacks her face and mumbles "Get you mind out of the gutter woman!" ***

jazzpants
06-22-2006, 08:59 PM
*** Dianne smacks her face and mumbles "Get you mind out of the gutter woman!" *** :frus: <== jazzpants joining Dianne in smacking her own face for wondering how "Disney on Ice" can be catered "for adults..." :roll: :lol: :twisted:

starskate6.0
06-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Here is the answer

I joined when I was 27 but I have seen people in there late 30's get hired..
Its all a matter of how good you are on your feet and if yoou have presence on the ice. :D

jp1andOnly
06-23-2006, 11:38 PM
well, truth be told, the majority of the skaters are young and they do party hard.

Easier for the boys to get hired over the girls.

But quite honestly, making 10-15 grand per year when you are 30 inst something a person wants to aim for. I guess if you dont know what you want to do in life or are happy not making a lot, then its all good.

Here is the answer

I joined when I was 27 but I have seen people in there late 30's get hired..
Its all a matter of how good you are on your feet and if yoou have presence on the ice. :D