View Full Version : ISI Adult Champs and Freestyle 4 Question

CanAmSk8ter
06-17-2006, 09:20 AM
I thought there was a thread about Adult Champs somewhere but now I can't find it. Is anyone else planning to go? The only ISI comp I've ever done was Adult Champs on the Cape three years ago but I'm hoping to go again this year and do freestyle, artistic, and footwork. I wish I could do dance, but I think I'd have to take more tests because I've passed more USFS tests now, I know ISI made some changes to the dance structure. I passed Dance 6, but I think I'd be required to skate Dance 7 and I haven't tested it yet. Plus, I'd have to bring my dance skates and frankly, traveling with one pair of skates is a big enough pain. Anyway, Nashville sounds like a cool city- I can't wait.

I let my ISI membership lapse when my rink switched to USFS learn-to-skate, and I'm waiting to get my new membership number so I can get a copy of the ISI manual. In the meantime, does anyone know where online I can find out the program length and elements for Freestyle 4? All I can remember is the flip, but somehow I think there's probably more than that ;) I looked at Don Korte's site but all I could find were the elements for Pre-Alpha through Delta.

Isk8NYC
06-17-2006, 09:27 AM
First of all, DON'T get a new number. All your tests are registered with your old number. If you have the number, renew your membership online. Then, follow up with an email or note asking to have your tests restored to the number. (If you can't remember the number, you'll need to call the ISI directly and talk to the membership office.)

Standard warning: You really need a copy of the ISI handbook(s) if you plan to test or compete. Information received from sources other than the handbook is hearsay and could very well be wrong. *soapbox away*

That said, the elements are listed in the 2004 Competitors' handbook update that you can find here (http://www.skateisi.com/pdf/2004CompHandbook.pdf). (You'll need to page down to find the Freestyle section.) This update only includes the CHANGED pages, so you won't find the durations.

The duration times are:
FS 1,2,3: 1.5 mins / FS 4,5: 2 mins / FS 6: 2.5 mins / FS7: 3 mins / FS 8: 3.5 mins / FS 9-10: 4 mins

Finally, the maneuver descriptions/standards and dance step sequences are in the Testing handbook. The updated (really re-assigned) patterns are in the rulebook update here (http://www.skateisi.com/pdf/2004SCHandbook.pdf), but freestyle 4 wasn't changed, so you'll need to see a copy of a real handbook.

Isk8NYC
06-17-2006, 09:38 AM
I knew I had this somewhere else ... Tot - Freestyle 10 test elements (http://www.hutchfigureskating.org/downloads/Skate%20Level%20Descriptions.pdf)

This describes each maneuver's minimum test standards.

Still can't find the dance step sequences online, though. Sorry.

Mel On Ice
06-17-2006, 08:04 PM
dance patterns:

http://www.igfsu.org/ISIDanceStepSeq.htm

looplover
06-18-2006, 08:15 AM
I thought there was a thread about Adult Champs somewhere but now I can't find it. Is anyone else planning to go?

I'm still thinking of going, also at the FS4 level...I'll have to see where my confidence is w/that dreaded footwork after injuring myself doing it...plus have never competed before! Ha, I think that would be funny if my first competition were ISI adult champs. I'm definitely an 11th hour ham so would be less nervous AT the competition than I would be practicing for it. :lol:

Isk8NYC
06-18-2006, 11:08 AM
dance patterns: http://www.igfsu.org/ISIDanceStepSeq.htm I thought they were on that site, but I couldn't find them when I looked. Thanks Mel - I bookmarked the page!

VegasGirl
06-19-2006, 06:57 AM
Competed in the ISI Adult Champs last year since it was local for me then... won't go this year since it's not and not even close... not to mention that I still don't have a coach here and thus no FS2 routines put together. My last ones were FS1 but I since have passed FS2.

CanAmSk8ter
06-20-2006, 10:52 AM
First of all, DON'T get a new number. All your tests are registered with your old number. If you have the number, renew your membership online. Then, follow up with an email or note asking to have your tests restored to the number. (If you can't remember the number, you'll need to call the ISI directly and talk to the membership office.)

Standard warning: You really need a copy of the ISI handbook(s) if you plan to test or compete. Information received from sources other than the handbook is hearsay and could very well be wrong. *soapbox away*

Duh! I can't believe I forgot my tests would be with the old number. Talk about dumb. I don't have my old card, but I found an old ISI Edge and the number on the mailing label is, I'm pretty sure, my old number. I just emailed the membership person listed on their website so hopefully that'll get things straighted out.

Oh yeah, I know I need to get the rulebook, but ISI's online store is in the members only section of the website. The only thing I was able to buy online was the membership; to access the rest of the store they want your membership number, so I have to wait until I hear from them.

Thanks for your help everybody! Looking forward to seeing some of you in Nashville.