View Full Version : 2006 Peach Classic Announcement - now available

rlichtefeld
06-15-2006, 12:37 PM
The Regional Vice Chair for Sanctions has just given me the go ahead for publishing the announcement.

If you have skated in the event in years past, and we have your current address, you will be getting an announcement mailed to you.

However, for everyone else, you can download it here:
http://www.gafsc.org/peachclassic

We've incorporated all the changes from this year's Governing Council. (We Hope.)

The events offered are:

Freeskate: Masters, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Pre-Bronze, No-Test
Pairs: Masters, Gold, Silver and Bronze
Interpretive: Masters (with a longer time), Adults and Pairs (mixed and same sex)
Dance: Championship/Gold, Silver, Pre-Silver, Bronze, Pre-Bronze
Original Dance: Championship, Gold, Pre-Gold
Solo Dance: Gold, Pre-Gold, Silver, Pre-Silver, Pre-Bronze, Preliminary
MIF: Junior/Senior, Novice, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Pre-Bronze
Spins: Gold/Masters, Silver, Bronze, Pre-Bronze
Comp. Moves: Gold/Masters, Silver, Bronze, Pre-Bronze, No-Test
Jumps: Gold/Masters, Silver, Bronze, Pre-Bronze
Team: Gold, Bronze

And, yes SkaterNum, we do have a line for the Team Name. It's a small line, but it's there.

Rob

Stormy
06-15-2006, 08:05 PM
My favorite competition ever. :) If anyone needs someone for a Gold team event, I'm game!

Raye
06-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Has it been a year already??? Time sure flies!

Unfortunately, I won't be at this year's Peach. I have a neice getting married on that weekend. Next year.....

sexyskates
06-16-2006, 02:53 PM
I'm starting to gather our gold/silver team together and we are always looking for an axel. How's your axel, Stormy?

Terri C
06-16-2006, 03:42 PM
I'll be sitting out this one this year, but will go to Halloween Classic and hopefully will make Peach next year.

Stormy
06-16-2006, 08:42 PM
Ummm...unfortunately, the axel is the one maneuver I can't contribute, right now at least. Hopefully come September it will be better! :??

sexyskates
06-17-2006, 09:34 AM
How is your layback?

Stormy
06-19-2006, 07:38 PM
It's good. Not wonderful, and no beillmans! :lol: But good enough to do it in the team event. You know who has a really good layback is skatingatty. She did a team event last year at Peach.

sexyskates
06-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Would you like to be on our team and do the layback?

Joan
06-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Are there any silver or bronze teams forming? I am bronze, but I can do a lutz.

TimDavidSkate
06-20-2006, 01:02 PM
I'm thinking on doing a last minute, bc I cant stand all this waiting until the fall to compete. I may try to do a team competition, how do I go about joining one? :halo:

sexyskates
06-20-2006, 08:25 PM
TimDavid, would you like to do an axel for our team? We are mostly a NY team but it doesn't really matter where you are from.

sexyskates
06-20-2006, 08:30 PM
TimDavid, would you like to do an axel for our team? We are mostly a NY team but it doesn't really matter where you are from. Our team competed last year at Peach, Halloween, and Easterns.

Stormy
06-22-2006, 08:11 PM
I'll do the layback! :)

manleywoman
06-22-2006, 09:33 PM
Are they using the NJS?

TimDavidSkate
06-22-2006, 09:46 PM
TimDavid, would you like to do an axel for our team? We are mostly a NY team but it doesn't really matter where you are from. Our team competed last year at Peach, Halloween, and Easterns.

thanks, ill let you know by the end of the month ok, if thats ok :halo:

rlichtefeld
06-23-2006, 05:48 AM
We are using the 6.0 system for all events this year.

On the announcement, it is on the bottom right of the first page.

Rob

Are they using the NJS?

sexyskates
06-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Hi Stormy!
We would love to have you and your lovely layback on our team! Check your private messages for more details.

sexyskates
06-23-2006, 08:24 PM
Our gold manuever team is still on the lookout for an axel! If there is anyone out there going to this competition who would like to join us and do an axel, we would love to have you!

skaternum
06-24-2006, 10:07 AM
<sniff> This will be the first time in YEARS that I've missed Peach. Somebody do a shot in my honor. :halo:

WhisperSung
06-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Could someone explain what the team event entails? Is it based on test level?

I won't be able to go to the Peach Classic this year, but if I get into a law school in Atlanta (hint, hint GA State or Emory :halo:), I want to do this next year. I'd be happy to contribute a double salchow, hydroplane, and/or cartwheel 8-)

taffy12
06-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Hey, I'm new to this board and wasn't expecting to find anything local...this event takes place in Atlanta? Is it, perchance, at the Duluth ice forum?rlichtefeld, I was shocked to see your hometown because I'm also from Lawrenceville! Small world!

rlichtefeld
06-28-2006, 08:46 AM
Yep, the Peach Open and the Peach Classic both take place over Labor Day weekend at the Duluth IceForum. The Peach Open is a youth competition, and the Peach Classic is an all adult competition. The Open takes place Friday and very early Saturday. The Classic takes place all day Saturday and most of Sunday.

What level are you skating? Taking group classes or private? You can email me directly at rlichtefeld@yahoo.com

Rob

Hey, I'm new to this board and wasn't expecting to find anything local...this event takes place in Atlanta? Is it, perchance, at the Duluth ice forum?rlichtefeld, I was shocked to see your hometown because I'm also from Lawrenceville! Small world!

jenlyon60
06-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Hi Rob -- Will there be a test session in conjunction with the competition(s)?

rlichtefeld
06-28-2006, 11:06 AM
Hi Rob -- Will there be a test session in conjunction with the competition(s)?
Yes. If you are interested, contact our Test Chairperson - Ginger:
gingerwhat@aol.com

Rob

jenlyon60
06-28-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm interested from a potential trial judging perspective rather than a "testing victim" perspective.

rlichtefeld
06-30-2006, 10:14 AM
I'm interested from a potential trial judging perspective rather than a "testing victim" perspective.

Contact Ginger (gingerwhat@aol.com) and she can set you up with that too.

Rob

rlichtefeld
07-17-2006, 09:55 AM
Just a reminder: The deadline for the 2006 Peach Classic is July 21 (this Friday).

You can can download the announcement and application here:
http://www.gafsc.org/peachclassic

We've incorporated all the changes from this year's Governing Council. (We Hope.)

The events offered are:

Freeskate: Masters, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Pre-Bronze, No-Test
Pairs: Masters, Gold, Silver and Bronze
Interpretive: Masters (with a longer time), Adults and Pairs (mixed and same sex)
Dance: Championship/Gold, Silver, Pre-Silver, Bronze, Pre-Bronze
Original Dance: Championship, Gold, Pre-Gold
Solo Dance: Gold, Pre-Gold, Silver, Pre-Silver, Pre-Bronze, Preliminary
MIF: Junior/Senior, Novice, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Pre-Bronze
Spins: Gold/Masters, Silver, Bronze, Pre-Bronze
Comp. Moves: Gold/Masters, Silver, Bronze, Pre-Bronze, No-Test
Jumps: Gold/Masters, Silver, Bronze, Pre-Bronze
Team Manuevers: Gold, Bronze

Rob

Stormy
07-18-2006, 02:38 PM
I just realized that the deadline was coming up!! 8O Better get my act in gear and send the forms in.

Who else is going!?

LoopLoop
07-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Who else is going!?
Me! Silver 3 FS, possibly pairs, and I'm considering gold spins. I'd definitely do it if it was just gold, but gold/masters? 8O Yikes.

mskater
07-20-2006, 09:55 PM
...I've waited up until the final few moments to send in my application but it's now a done deal:] I've entered my freestyle event only - wish I could do the team event!

Skaternum, what's your shot of choice?

NoVa Sk8r
07-20-2006, 10:07 PM
Me! Silver 3 FS, possibly pairs, and I'm considering gold spins. I'd definitely do it if it was just gold, but gold/masters? 8O Yikes.Um, does this mean that I have to sign up, too?! 8O ;)

LoopLoop
07-21-2006, 07:15 AM
Um, does this mean that I have to sign up, too?! 8O ;)
Speaking of that, PM me with your USFSA number... I think I lost it.

jenlyon60
07-21-2006, 08:30 AM
Masters Interp (since I passed my Tango).

skaternum
07-21-2006, 08:31 AM
...I've waited up until the final few moments to send in my applicationI'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you! :lol:
Skaternum, what's your shot of choice?
Mmm. How about raspberry-flavored vodka? Yummy!

mskater
07-21-2006, 09:41 AM
I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you! :lol:

Mmm. How about raspberry-flavored vodka? Yummy!

LOL:] It's much more dramatic waiting until the deadline...

Ok, rasberry-vodka it is - and a lemon drop shot for good measure:] Hope you are back to 100% soon!

Beccapoo2003
07-22-2006, 10:03 AM
The nips are comin'....the nips are comin'.....do do do do do do.....(jaws music)

mskater
07-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Ah, I want one! I'm the tall skinny guy:]

The nips are comin'....the nips are comin'.....do do do do do do.....(jaws music)