View Full Version : ISU new rules for 06-07 ???

TimDavidSkate
06-15-2006, 08:43 AM
I have not been paying too close attention on the new rules that has been passed. I noticed on the recent Adult ISU competition in GER, that they have credited;
1.) 4 jump combination
Detailed sheet - (i.e. Mark Adams) (http://www.isufs.org/results/adult06/AC06_SilverMenFreeSkatingIII_IV_FS_scores.pdf)
2.) a fourth jump combination
Detailed sheet (i.e. Stephen Traska) (http://www.isufs.org/results/adult06/AC06_SilverMenFreeSkatingI_FS_scores.pdf)

rlichtefeld
06-15-2006, 08:57 AM
I think it depends on the Technical Controller at the event. At the Mountain Cup, they called my Loop-Loop-Loop (1L+1L+1L) as a sequence (1L+1L+1L+SEQ).

In fact, they called all 3 jump passes as a Sequence in my event:
Silver Men III Detail Sheet (http://www.gerfsc.com/images/06mc-silvermen3.pdf)

Rob

TimDavidSkate
06-15-2006, 09:08 AM
I think it depends on the Technical Controller at the event. At the Mountain Cup, they called my Loop-Loop-Loop (1L+1L+1L) as a sequence (1L+1L+1L+SEQ).

In fact, they called all 3 jump passes as a Sequence in my event:
Silver Men III Detail Sheet (http://www.gerfsc.com/images/06mc-silvermen3.pdf)

Rob

Depends? :?? 8O

rlichtefeld
06-15-2006, 09:13 AM
Depends? :?? 8O

Yep. Since there aren't hard and fast rules for Adults, the announcement for the event are the rules for that event. We use the point values. But how do you downgrade a single jump, etc.?

And, the new judging system takes a lot of the power of the judges and puts in into the hands of the Technical Controller. The judges only get to rate the elements which affects your GOE, and they give you numbers for the Program Components. But, if the TC calls a pass as a sequence, well.....

Rob

TimDavidSkate
06-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Yep. Since there aren't hard and fast rules for Adults, the announcement for the event are the rules for that event. We use the point values. But how do you downgrade a single jump, etc.?

And, the new judging system takes a lot of the power of the judges and puts in into the hands of the Technical Controller. The judges only get to rate the elements which affects your GOE, and they give you numbers for the Program Components. But, if the TC calls a pass as a sequence, well.....

Rob

aahhhh ..........

so rob, did they have the computer monitors and everything at the competition site?

NoVa Sk8r
06-15-2006, 09:52 AM
The rules for silver at the "Non-Adult World Championship ISU Adult International Event" (NAWCISUAIE) in Obersdorf, Germany, stated that:

"A competitor in the Adult Silver Free Skating event must perform a well-balanced program which must contain:
a) Maximum of 5 different single jump elements, which may include the Axel jump. These jumps may be repeated as individual jumps and in jump combinations and sequences. At least one jump combination or sequence of jumps must be included. The number of jumps in a combination or sequence is not limited."

Personally, I don't agree with having no limit in the number of jumps per jumping pass. However, I messed up my first spin, so I instictively and legally tacked on another loop jump on my 2nd pass. (And strange, I am almost certain that I did a lutz/loop/toe loop/loop; looks like the loop/toe loop order was switched.) ISU limits the number of jumps to 3 in a jumping pass, but again, this NAWCISUAIE used its own rules in conjunction with the Code of Points system.

The only reason I can think of why they called Rob's (loop)^3 as a sequence is because maybe the 2nd loop was underrotated, and it was seen as a "half-loop" (not the true half-loop, which would land on the opposite foot)?

TimDavidSkate
06-15-2006, 10:09 AM
The rules for silver at the "Non-Adult World Championship ISU Adult International Event" (NAWCISUAIE) in Obersdorf, Germany, stated that:

"A competitor in the Adult Silver Free Skating event must perform a well-balanced program which must contain:
a) Maximum of 5 different single jump elements, which may include the Axel jump. These jumps may be repeated as individual jumps and in jump combinations and sequences. At least one jump combination or sequence of jumps must be included. The number of jumps in a combination or sequence is not limited."

Personally, I don't agree with having no limit in the number of jumps per jumping pass. However, I messed up my first spin, so I instictively and legally tacked on another loop jump on my 2nd pass. (And strange, I am almost certain that I did a lutz/loop/toe loop/loop; looks like the loop/toe loop order was switched.) ISU limits the number of jumps to 3 in a jumping pass, but again, this NAWCISUAIE used its own rules in conjunction with the Code of Points system.

The only reason I can think of why they called Rob's (loop)^3 as a sequence is because maybe the 2nd loop was underrotated, and it was seen as a "half-loop" (not the true half-loop, which would land on the opposite foot)?

thanks....interesting.... so we can start having three 3-jump combos now?

rlichtefeld
06-15-2006, 12:20 PM
It depends on the competition. The US has one set of rules for Adult, the ISU has another for the ISU International event, and the MC is pretty much the same as the US.

Also remember in the US, Silver and below will stay with the 6.0 judging system for the forseable future.

Rob

thanks....interesting.... so we can start having three 3-jump combos now?

rlichtefeld
06-15-2006, 12:24 PM
At the Mountain Cup, the judges and Technical Controller used paper, and then they had a runner take those papers to an account that was sitting just behind the judges. So, the accountant was able to enter each skater as they finished, instead of waiting for the whole group. And, the accountant was able to give the results to the announcer by the end of the next group's warmup.

They even had a "Kiss and Cry" area at the top of the bleacher where we waited with the other skaters in our group until the results were announced. Then, we each got a chance to stand and wave to the crowd.

I believe at the ISU International, they did have the touch screen computers. However, someone who attended will have to verify that.

Rob

aahhhh ..........

so rob, did they have the computer monitors and everything at the competition site?

rlichtefeld
06-15-2006, 12:31 PM

The NEW USFS WBP for Silver is found here:
http://www.usfigureskating.org/content/adults-06GC.pdf

ADULT SILVER – maximum time 2:10
Jumps & Jump
Combinations
- Maximum of five (5) different single jump elements, which may include the Axel jump.
- Jumps may be repeated only once and only in combination and/or sequences.
- There must be at least one (1) jump combination or sequence, but there may be up to three (3) jump
combinations or sequences. Each jump combination and/or sequence counts as one (1) jump element. The
number of jumps in a combination or a sequence is limited. One jump combination could consist of three (3)
jumps, and the other two up to two (2) jumps.
- Additional jumps sequences which contain jumps of not more than one (1) revolution (i.e. mazurkas, half
loops, etc.) performed as part of connecting footwork preceding single jumps are permitted.
- Only single jumps and Axels are allowed. No double or triple jumps are permitted.

Spins
A maximum of two (2) three (3) spins of a different nature. These spins must have a minimum of three
(3) revolutions, and if a spin includes a change of foot, it must have a minimum of three (3) revolutions on
each foot.
There must be a minimum of (2) revolutions in each position or the position will not be counted
Steps - A maximum of one (1) step (i.e. circular, straight line, serpentine) utilizing at least one-half (1/2) of the
ice surface.
- Additional moves-in-the field, spiral sequences and step sequences will not be counted as a step sequence
but will be counted in the free program as transitions and marked as such.

The announcement for the Mountain Cup for Silver FS:
Silver Free Skating – Maximum Time 2:10
A competitor in the Silver Free Skating event must perform a well-balanced program which must contain:
a) Maximum of 5 different single jump elements, which may include the Axel jump. These jumps may be repeated as individual jumps and in jump combinations and sequences. At least one jump combination or sequence of jumps must be included. The number of jumps in a combination or sequence is not limited.
No double jumps or triple jumps are permitted.
b) Maximum of 3 spins of a different nature (i.e., upright spin, camel spin, sit spin) one of which must be a spin combination which may have a change of foot. These required spins must have a minimum of 3 revolutions in position, and a spin combination which changes feet must have a minimum of 3 revolutions in position on each foot.
c) There must be at least one step or spiral sequence utilizing at least half the ice surface.

So, you can see that there are differences. The important thing is to READ the announcement carefully.

Rob

TimDavidSkate
06-15-2006, 12:33 PM
At the Mountain Cup, the judges and Technical Controller used paper, and then they had a runner take those papers to an account that was sitting just behind the judges. So, the accountant was able to enter each skater as they finished, instead of waiting for the whole group. And, the accountant was able to give the results to the announcer by the end of the next group's warmup.

They even had a "Kiss and Cry" area at the top of the bleacher where we waited with the other skaters in our group until the results were announced. Then, we each got a chance to stand and wave to the crowd.

I believe at the ISU International, they did have the touch screen computers. However, someone who attended will have to verify that.

Rob

Thanks Rob, that is awesome. I hate the wait.