View Full Version : I have a video of me skating but...

Leda
06-11-2006, 09:00 PM
but I don't know how to let everyone see it...:x I have it saved as an .mpg I have an account at yousendit.com but I don't know how to just post it for people to see instead of sending it to someones e-mail. a little help?

phoenix
06-11-2006, 09:02 PM
send it to your own email, then copy & paste the link here in a post. That's how we do it over & Skating Videos. ;)

Leda
06-11-2006, 09:04 PM
thank you so much! *goes to send it*

Leda
06-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Ok! the video finaly came! ^_^ here it is! (I am getting better by the week so already this is outdated! xD)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=1B10DF4D7C68D638

Casey
06-13-2006, 02:05 PM
If you want a website where you can upload pics and videos and even set up a journal or personal website or whatever, plus an email account that can be used from any mail client or checked on the web with spam and virus blocking, just let me know, I host them for free at http://sk8rland.com - if you (or anybody else) needs an account, just PM me with what you want for a username. :)

phoenix
06-13-2006, 02:12 PM
If you want a website where you can upload pics and videos and even set up a journal or personal website or whatever, plus an email account that can be used from any mail client or checked on the web with spam and virus blocking, just let me know, I host them for free at http://sk8rland.com - if you (or anybody else) needs an account, just PM me with what you want for a username. :)

Yes, Casey is our hero!!

Leda
06-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Thank you so much Casey!:bow:

TimDavidSkate
06-15-2006, 03:10 PM
how do you upload it from your camcorder to your computer?

jazzpants
06-15-2006, 03:29 PM
how do you upload it from your camcorder to your computer?Does your camcorder have a serial port? If so, you could go to a computer store and get yourself a COM to COM cable and just hook it up to the COM port on your computer. Your computer may go thru an initial installation of the drivers for the computer to read your camcorder as an external drive, but after that, whenever you attach your camcorder to your computer, it will be like attaching an external drive.

Good luck!

rlichtefeld
06-15-2006, 03:32 PM
The easiest way is to have a computer with a Firewire (IEEE 1394) port and a digital camcorder with the same. (All Macs come with Firewire. And, you can get really cheap cards for Windows machines.)

If so, when you plug in the camcorder to the port, the computer will sense the connection and bring up application that will capture the video to AVI. Then you can use several different software apps to convert the AVI to something smaller.

Rob

how do you upload it from your camcorder to your computer?

Casey
06-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Does your camcorder have a serial port? If so, you could go to a computer store and get yourself a COM to COM cable and just hook it up to the COM port on your computer. Your computer may go thru an initial installation of the drivers for the computer to read your camcorder as an external drive, but after that, whenever you attach your camcorder to your computer, it will be like attaching an external drive.
Oh, jeez, some people have camcorders newer than 1985, you know!! ;) :twisted:

I haven't seen one without a firewire or usb connection in ages...

jazzpants
06-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Oh, jeez, some people have camcorders newer than 1985, you know!! ;) :twisted:

I haven't seen one without a firewire or usb connection in ages...Sorry, I meant a USB port!!! :P (I think Firewire is faster though, no?)

Casey
06-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Sorry, I meant a USB port!!! :P (I think Firewire is faster though, no?)
USB1 is I think 11mb/s, most Firewire is 400mb/s.
USB2 is 480mb/s, so technically slightly faster, but didn't come out until quite a while after Firewire 400. In addition, there's now an 800mb/s Firewire.

Also of note, USB2 ports on Apple machines are (supposedly intentionally) crippled by the manufacturer, which makes them perform much worse than Firewire (which Apple created).

Leda
06-15-2006, 09:23 PM
well I have a device called dazzle. It is a digital movie creator. (and I used an usb port;) ) so I cut clips and placed them where I wanted them, the saved it on my computer and loaded it etc.