View Full Version : Full Rotation Split?

singerskates
06-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Has anyone ever done a full rotation on their split jump and landed it?

I was in my lesson on Monday when my coach had me go do my split jump. Well, I did my split from a mohawk entered flip take-off but didn't do only half a rev. on it. I did the split and rotated it a full rev. and landed it part of the time on my rightoutside back edge and part of the time on my left back inside edge.

Has anyone else done this with a split jump?

I've seen pros do a single axel in a sort of split position on TV and it looks cool.

singerskates

tidesong
06-08-2006, 01:21 AM
Umm in ISI this is done regularly as a split-lutz. Its a split then close in for another extra half rev to land. So you take off going backwards and land backwards giving it a theoretical full rotation.

I have tried it but dont think the quality of my splits are there yet to consider it more than a delayed lutz.

blue111moon
06-08-2006, 06:54 AM
I know it as a split-flip. But you have to hold the edge on one foot for it to count with judges.

Isk8NYC
06-08-2006, 06:57 AM
One of the other instructors at my home rink does a split anything, including a split flip and a split lutz. (Her Russians were to DIE FOR when she skated regularly.)

LoopLoop
06-08-2006, 07:44 AM
Some of the coaches at my rink teach split flips and lutzes before doubles of those jumps, to ensure that the skaters have enough height and air time to rotate the doubles.

doubletoe
06-08-2006, 02:35 PM
For a little while, my coach had me working on a split flip/lutz, but I found it very tricky to bring my legs back together right under me so that I could feel secure doing another 1/2 turn and landing backwards on one foot. I'd like to try working on it again, though. . .

rf3ray
06-08-2006, 06:44 PM
I've seen one of our Junior Skaters do a Split Jump then whilst in the air goes into a LOOP position and lands its. Looks Awesome

techskater
06-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Our coach's Masters Lady does a BEAUTIFUL split Lutz. It's almost as pretty as her 2loop and flip. :bow:

mikawendy
06-09-2006, 06:34 PM
I think the USFS rule book section that shows jump diagrams (takeoff and landing tracings) shows a split double flip and a split double lutz. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult that is. I'm assuming that it's a 1/2 rotation in the split position, then rotate 1 1/2 more times to finish the double?! 8O