View Full Version : *Sniff sniif* No ice time

Miss_Kate
06-06-2006, 07:41 PM
Hi folks, don't mind me....I'm having a feel bad for Kate day. Why didn't anyone ever tell me that being an adult with responsibilities was going te be a pain?! :roll: School's been out for 2 weeks now, my classroom is clean, everything has been turned it to my administrator, but I'm stick stuck in training meetings for another week, and then another week long project after that! I haven't been able to skate for a month now! I love my job, don't get me wrong, but sheesh. Anyhow, I'm trying to get over the majorly dejected feeling I get everytime I walk past my skates; anyone else feeling that right about now?

Kate

Rusty Blades
06-06-2006, 07:59 PM
Yes Ma'am!

"Spring Skating School" wrapped up May 27 and "Summer Skating School" doesn't start until July 4. After two weeks without skating, I was going STARK-RAVING MAD!

So I did what any self-respecting (financially irresponsible) adult WOULD do - today I bought 3 hours of rink time (the whole damned rink!) and invited all my adult figure skating friends to a mid-June skating fix! 8O

If I get 6 to 10 friends to come out and contribute $25 for the ice time, I wont have to eat maccaroni & cheese for the rest of the summer! :roll: If nobody else shows up, I will have a he!! of a good time having the whole rink to myself :halo:

Skate@Delaware
06-06-2006, 08:03 PM
YES!!! I feel your pain!! I've only been able to squeeze in a skate sporadically here and there. Between my home rink closing until September and having to drive for 1.5 hours just for ice.....:cry:

all you can do is tons of off-ice, exercise and daydream!!!

Kevin Callahan
06-06-2006, 08:54 PM
See my Atlanta thread. A long commute and long work day (sixteen hours on average, it's 10PM, I am still at the office now), do not make for much ice time (rather).

I also work weekends.

icemomma
06-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Okay, our rink is under construction and shut down at the beginning of MARCH!!!!!! So I do what any skater does. Drive an hour and a half one way to skate once a week. I even do lessons at that rink. Got in a few sessions at a rink 40 minutes away from us until April and have been commuting every week. I'm still in school!@@ Have to go until Friday:roll:

bbowie
06-07-2006, 02:09 AM
I can feel your pain! I have to stop skating for 2 weeks becos of the stupid final exam !! :cry: I cant imagine how can i get through these coming 2weeks

Mrs Redboots
06-08-2006, 03:49 AM
Hi folks, don't mind me....I'm having a feel bad for Kate day. Why didn't anyone ever tell me that being an adult with responsibilities was going te be a pain?! :roll: School's been out for 2 weeks now, my classroom is clean, everything has been turned it to my administrator, but I'm stick stuck in training meetings for another week, and then another week long project after that! I haven't been able to skate for a month now! I love my job, don't get me wrong, but sheesh. Anyhow, I'm trying to get over the majorly dejected feeling I get everytime I walk past my skates; anyone else feeling that right about now?Does your rink not have training sessions on Saturday and Sunday mornings, as ours does? Or after-school sessions, ditto? Or very early morning kick-offs? At ours, you can (and people do) skate from 6:00 am and then go to work.

Miss_Kate
06-08-2006, 06:42 AM
No weekend training schedules that I know of. Mostly birthday parties on those days...skating becomes more like accident avoidance training. Also, unfortunately my rink (the closest to me) is about an hour away, so even an early session on a weekday would not get me in school in time to do any planning, phone calls, etc. :cry:

fmh
06-08-2006, 05:03 PM
yep..i don't get to skate until late july..i was going to skate away for some of the summer but the friend i was going to stay with is moving halfway across the world :cry: