View Full Version : Toe loop?

kidskater101
06-06-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm sopost to do WHAT?! I remember what to do but not really does anyone know how to explain it better than my coach? Need help! Is there any way I can start it from doing backwards crossovers ccounter clockwise? P.S. don't use abreveations! I know what to do but not what its called!

BatikatII
06-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Well you can actually but the only way I've done it from crossovers is by then stepping to forwards so you are then gliding forwards on the left foot and can get into a properly balanced position with left arm forward and right leg slightly forward ready to do the right forward inside 3, pick in and jump.

Other wise I don't see how you can get the correct entrance edge for the take-off without a lot of awkwardness. Why not follow what your coach tells you - after all they are the ones with the experience of not only doing the jumps but of teaching them.

We were taught to do it from a couple of forward crossovers counter clockwise, then a curving left forward inside edge bringing the free leg forward and left arm forward. From this steady position you can do the right forward inside 3 turn to initiate the jump. As the left foot picks in, the right foot (which is on a right back outside edge after the 3 turn) continues around heel first like a pivot til it crosses the line of the picking foot at which point the right arm and right foot come around and up for the jump with the free foot kicking through. Now I think it would be much easier for your coach to show you than for you to try and work all this out yourself!