View Full Version : I kind of did a toe loop today

Mercedeslove
06-05-2006, 11:13 PM
I say kind of because I thought it looked ugly and I didn't do the whole inside three turn. I tried it, but it was just too much speed for me and I wasn't ready for all that speed into it yet.

So I did a few backwards swizzles, picked with my left and bam. Coach Kim said it was pretty good for my first try, maybe in a few weeks once I get comfortable with the whole thing I will try the three turn then pick and jump. However, not today, I didn't like the feeling at all.

I then did a Waltz jump followed my a toe loop. I fell though. :(

samba
06-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Yes it was the turn and not the jump that got me also, I sometimes used to freeze and just couldnt do the turn for the jump, with a little perseverance the turn came and then the jump disappeared:frus: But I'm glad to say that I can manage both now and intend to have another go at including it in my programme this year.

Best of luck I'm sure with a little practice it will improve.

Mercedeslove
06-06-2006, 12:46 AM
I had the turn down, but there was so much speed I just couldn't. I don't think trying it on skates that are a little over a week old wasn't a good idea either.

When I slowed it down and did it with the back swizzles I wasn't scared at all. It wasn't pretty, but I can practice that. I just didn't like the whole three-turn pick, and go. Not yet anyways.

I do group lesson and I was watching someone, and the coach was like 'Oh you can do that Laura'

Yeah right...not this Laura, not for a while. Slow and steady wins the race.

Thanks BTW! I hope soon I'll be able to do the three turn and not worry about it.

Mrs Redboots
06-06-2006, 06:52 AM
I don't like the inside 3 entry - I can do it like that if I have to, but it's not my favourite entry into the jump. My favourite is from a back spiral, pick in and jump, which I do in my interpretive piece this year, but you can also do it from back cross-rolls or similar steps.

Skate@Delaware
06-06-2006, 10:50 AM
My coach knows it is my most hated jump....and therefore makes me do it all the time....and puts it in every program. Luckily, she has spared me the dreaded bunny hop.

At least it means my 3-turns are getting better (she also makes use the 3-turn entry only).....gotta love it!

Evelina
06-06-2006, 12:36 PM
I enter the loop from a free jump, I find that easier then the 3 turn!