View Full Version : Optical Illusion: SP TERI Dance Boots!!

icedancer2
05-30-2006, 04:51 PM
So I was sitting around the other night thinking about my skates -- I have the SP Teri Dance boot -- and wondering if the lower cut and lower back would make for some ankle instability, as some have suggested (maybe on this forum, maybe not...).

So I decided to compare them to my old boots (16-year-old SP Teri Super-Teri) to see just how much shorter they were. To my surprise (8O ) they were EXACTLY the same height in the back as the old boots, and the front part of the boot was about an inch higher than the old boots, creating the ILLUSION of a lower back (for toe-point? Hmmm...).

I thought it was hilarious -- those scoundrels! Thinking they could pull the wool over my eyes!!

Actually I was kind of glad they were the same as my old boots, because I liked those boots a lot, but to call it a lower-cut "dance" boot with a low-cut back, etc., etc., is just a lot of bs, IMHO.

They are just Super-Teris with a higher front and tongue.:giveup:

So much for advertising.

(Please note that these boots don't have the "back-stay" that you see on Harlick or Klingbeil dance boots -- if that were the case, I would expect them to be exactly the same height as a regular boot.)