View Full Version : Peach Classic Congrats

jenlyon60
08-31-2002, 05:58 PM
Congrats to IceT and Dani who both kicked butt and took names.... :D :D :D

Me... I survived and that was my goal. I was happy, for the most part, with how I skated. I could have done better, but I had fun and learned a lot preparing for the competition.

Seriously, Peach was a lot of fun today and very expensive on my pocketbook (I think the vendors LOVED me...)

jenlyon60
08-31-2002, 05:59 PM
BTW, Dani is a MULTI-EVENT Medalist. So far as I know, she has a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in 3 events...don't yet know about her Prelim Dance results, but she looked strong in that also.

As I recall, IceT got 2nd in the Bronze MIF.

dbny
08-31-2002, 07:20 PM
Congratulations!!! Dani & IceT on your medals, and Jenlyon on competing, having fun, and meeting your goal!

jazzpants
09-01-2002, 01:30 AM
Congrats to Dani, IceT (for medaling) and Jenlyon (for going out there in the first place!!!) :D :D :D

Anyone know how flutzilla and skaternum did in Bronze I and Bronze MIF, respectively?

Cheers,
jazzpants

jenlyon60
09-01-2002, 05:47 AM
Dani also got 1st in Prelim Dance and flutzilla got 2nd in Bronze Ladies II (I think II, I may have the age group wrong). Don't know about anyone else from the Rinksiders.

My next skating goal (besides testing MIF this fall) is testing my EW on 26 October, and competing EW at the New Jersey Pro-Am. Don't know yet what else my coach has decided that I'll be skating up at NJ.

and now for a shameless promotion for my club's adult competition... the Washington Figure Skating Club will be holding it's 2nd annual New Years Adult Invitational on 31 Jan thru 2 Feb at the Ashburn Ice House.

We don't have our flyer out yet but it should be out soon. Hope to see lots of folks (Peachers, Rinksiders and anyone else) there.

Mrs Redboots
09-01-2002, 08:23 AM
WELL DONE, the lot of you! And at least you have it over and done with - the World Challenge isn't until next weekend, and I'm starting to feel nervous!

Terri C
09-01-2002, 07:41 PM
Jenlyon, I will be at the WFSC New Year's event. I was there last year and had a blast! In fact, I was the very first competitor on Sunday morning!

Black Sheep
09-02-2002, 06:14 PM
Any photos of PC '02 online?
:?:

flutzilla1
09-02-2002, 08:40 PM
Heya everyone!

First off, I wish I had gotten to see jenlyon60's MITF event, but I think her event and mine were going on the opposite ice sheets at the exact same time, so I didn't get to...:(

I am SO PROUD of all our Rinksider skaters who competed -- jenlyon60 for achieving her goal, IceT for being my hero in general :D, and dani for doing such a GREAT, great job in her freeskate -- I am very proud of her and how well she skated at her first USFSA comp, especially considering she had 4 events in one day, something I could never do as I was exhausted just thinking about doing two events over two days!

The Bronze I freeskate went great and really exceeded my wildest expectations -- I actually SMILED, something I never do when I compete. I think the great audience support there is what made the difference for me -- at other, non-adult local comps, we adults are lucky if more than 3 people clap for us at the end of our programs. At Peach Classic, my opening spin even got applause and it really gave me a lot of energy and the confidence to skate well. So a huge thanks to my fellow adults who were in attendance and helped cheer me (and the rest of us) on! :) The silver medal was just the icing on the cake and an enormously unexpected bonus to having the first clean freeskate I've ever done for my coach in competition. :) I also skated my spin event cleanly and was very happy to turn in two clean programs at the same competition.

Hope we will see more of you guys there next year!

flutzilla1
09-02-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by dpgsk8
Any photos of PC '02 online?
:?:

I don't think there are any yet -- the event did have a photographer though, and I know that some pictures were put up from the event last year at the PC site so maybe we might see some later on.

MissIndigo
09-02-2002, 10:20 PM
Well done y'all! This sounds like a great competition...I hope I can take part in it next year.

I am wondering...do people throw stuffed animals out onto the ice for you after you skate?:D

jenlyon60
09-03-2002, 07:56 AM
Some people did... and Davin Grindstaff got balloons (he did a really neat interp with a red balloon...)

garyc254
09-03-2002, 08:21 AM
WAY TO GO, FORUM TEAM!!!!!!!!! (or is that TEAM FORUM) :D

Sounds like everybody had a terrific time.

CONGRATULATIONS to all!!!!!! :D :D :D

flo
09-03-2002, 09:33 AM
Congratulations to all! Looking forward to hearing about it!

dcden
09-03-2002, 11:16 AM
I have to ask... did Davin perform in the "Master Men Exhibition" on Saturday (1:05pm)? If so, what program did he do?

Also, any reviews on the performances in pair interpretive? I think that's a great new event to have, and opens up a lot of artistic possibilities that would be too hard to do as solo interpretive programs.

jenlyon60
09-03-2002, 09:48 PM
I saw Davin do some routine using a red balloon as a prop. I think that was the Masters Men Interp, but it may have been the Gold Men's Interp. Probably the latter because it wouldn't have been 1pm-ish, as I was at the mall with friends at that time.

Didn't see any of the Sunday skating...I was down in Warner Robins visiting friends.

--jsl

jazzpants
09-04-2002, 01:40 AM
http://www.gafsc.org/peachClassic/results.htm

wannask8
09-04-2002, 01:11 PM
Thanks for posting this, jazzpants, and congratulations to all winners and participants! (Dani, looks like you’re the new expert on conquering pre-competition freak-outs!)

-- wannask8

Terri C
09-04-2002, 06:39 PM
Okay everyone.. on to Washington in January!!!:D
I've already started working on my program for this!

jenlyon60
09-04-2002, 07:15 PM
Anyone who's interested... I got hold of a PDF of the announcement or draft announcement. It's not yet on the web site.

PM me w/ e-mail address, and I'll e-mail it to you.

dani
09-06-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by flutzilla1
dani for doing such a GREAT, great job in her freeskate -- I am very proud of her and how well she skated at her first USFSA comp, especially considering she had 4 events in one day, something I could never do as I was exhausted just thinking about doing two events over two days!

I am back, too!!! ;-) I have to take a couple of minutes and say that Flutzilla is incredibly cool! While I didn't see her program live, I did get to see it on the official video tape later in the day. It was beautiful! And her spin event was incredible!

As you all know, I was very nervous going into this event and Flutzilla was instrumental in calming me down and I skated one of my best programs ever. I even landed my Flip-loop-loop! I missed a couple of elements, but it was pre-bronze after all ;-) She took very good care of me, including making sure my tape was handled well and even gave me water. THANKS!

Jenlyon60 was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed hanging out with her on Friday. We met during a morning practice and pretty much hung out all day.

IceT is also a really, really cool person! I am glad I was able to meet her! There was an awesome moment where Flutzilla had just been awarded her silver medal and then IceT and I got our medals for the MIF (IceT - Silver, me - Bronze). In fact a picture I have of the three of us with these medals is going onto my desk at work on Monday!

I met many other really nice skaters and this competition exceeded my wildest dreams, both for how I did and the way it was run.

Hugs!!!
Danielle

ps) Dbny - I was busted for being an old roller skater after my dance event. A former roller coach told me she could spot those American style runs anywhere. I guess I will just have to work harder.

Ice T
09-06-2002, 08:27 PM
Hi everyone!

I had an AWESOME time at the competition!! The whole weekend was just a blast. It was by far the most fun I think I have ever had at a competition. I definitely want to go back every year that I can.

Thank you everyone for all your wonderful comments and congratulations!! I really appreciate it! :D

I won a Silver medal in the Bronze MIF event, and I was absolutely thrilled. I had never dreamed that I would win a medal because it was such a huge event with such great skaters, and it just rocked my world to bring home that Silver.

Thank you Flutzilla for being such a great friend!! You are my hero too, ya know!

And Dani, I'm glad we got the chance to meet in person and get to know each other. Thanks for hanging out with me and being my friend!

And finally, but not least, THANK YOU to all the Atlanta skaters who welcomed us Florida girls. We had a great time partying with you!! I don't think Aren Nielsen and his band will ever be the same after the competitors party! Ha! Ha! :P

And looking at the words in my signature line, which is a quote from my awesome coach about competition results, I think I was so blessed this time to get BOTH great results and love what I was doing!

Ice T
09-06-2002, 08:30 PM
Oh, and one more thing....

Jenlyon60, it was great to meet you in person!! You are a very sweet person. Thank you for posting the congrats thread on this board! I look forward to seeing you at competition again! :D

dani
09-06-2002, 08:35 PM
Hey Ice - Thanks to you, too! You even had me out on the dance floor (that is actually a trick ;-) The competitors party was a blast!