View Full Version : ISI Adult Nationals?

looplover
05-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Has anyone here been to ISI Adult Nationals?

Was it fun? :D

That would only be my second time competing, (the first time will be in June at FS4 level) but I think I want to go, because one of these days I want to change over to U.S. Figure Skating and shoot for AN.

Is it strange that I would go to ISI Adult Nationals only having competed once before?

I was happy to get some of the jumps in my program today, but I do wish I hadn't completely wrecked my left arm when I fell three weeks ago, grr

Mel On Ice
05-30-2006, 08:49 AM
I've been to three, Vegas, Breckenridge and San Fran and am hoping to pop down to Nashville for a 4th. I love this competition, I have made at least one new friend at each. All the adults are very friendly.

My second ever competition was State Games of Missouri, which, to me, was a very big competition at the time.

I'm very impressed that you are at ISI 4 and just starting to compete - good for you, esp. in conquering the dance step.

Black Sheep
05-30-2006, 11:17 AM
....Vegas rocked! 8-)

racytracy
05-30-2006, 01:02 PM
I'm going! It will be my second competition since I quit skating 6 years ago. I don't think it's strange at all.

alliegator66
05-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Went several years ago to Tampa (also as a 4), and had a blast. I recently "retired" after 10 years of skating and that competiton is my best skating memory. If you go, enjoy!! :)

looplover
05-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Ugh to that footwork, that's how I injured my arm, which is still killing me

maybe by September I can whip through it!

RacyTracy...Fabulous! We might have a nice little contingent there...:D :D

VegasGirl
05-30-2006, 09:34 PM
I've been to three, Vegas, Breckenridge and San Fran and am hoping to pop down to Nashville for a 4th. I love this competition, I have made at least one new friend at each. All the adults are very friendly.

Hey, I was at the ISI Adult Champs in Vegas last year too!
Look, here's a photo, I'm the one in the white dress:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/canyondiva2000/detail?.dir=/cc06&.dnm=9942re2.jpg&.src=ph

I loved the comp too, so much better than the other comps in Vegas where it's mostly kids competing. I had a great time but bet it must have even been better for those that didn't live in Vegas as I did. I hear they had a great party the night before competitions started. :)
Oh... I was competing with a FS1 routine as well as a FS1 Artistic program (the white dress is from that one) and had competed in 4 other competitions previously (starting with a Gamma Spotlight routine together with my daughter, followed by 2 in which I skated a Delta routine each and 1 with just m FS1 routine no artistic program... that one was the Disney Ice Comp. last year in Anaheim, another really fun one!)... the Adult Champs was my first competition where I skated more than one program.